Amount

ADRIANNE PALICKI DRESSED AS NEW WONDER WOMAN!!!!

30 Apr 2011 13:50 #22919 by natashablasick
Replied by natashablasick on topic Re: ADRIANNE PALICKI DRESSED AS NEW WONDER WOMAN!!!!
OK. I just looked at the new costume with the blue boots. The straight blue line makes it look like she's wearing a pair of jeans. I thought the older costume (Lynda Carter) was more glamorous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• natashablasick
  • Content Creator
  • Content Creator
More
01 May 2011 00:16 #22925 by eavatar
The old costume kinda looks like a Miss America costume than a super hero one, the actual costume (blue boots included) ressembles more like a young woman casual clothing. Something closer to the secundary target public - females between 16 and 34 - which is the same public which Buffy the vampire slayer and Xena the warrior princess aimed

Going ahead is the only one way to go to the future.

More
01 May 2011 16:15 #22934 by Artnico

eavatar wrote: The old costume kinda looks like a Miss America costume than a super hero one, the actual costume (blue boots included) ressembles more like a young woman casual clothing. Something closer to the secundary target public - females between 16 and 34 - which is the same public which Buffy the vampire slayer and Xena the warrior princess aimed

Since you refer to Xena's costume, I find it much more sexy than Adrianne's one.

More
01 May 2011 17:07 #22935 by d_k_c
We are a funny group of people. I used to think there was a division between Evil Super girl fans and Goodey two shoes super girl fans. Now I realize the division is much greater than that. Someone is willing to take Wonderwoman...Put her in in some sweet ass tights and a corset and have her kick some ass. Who has a problem with this? Why do we nitpick and complain when we dont get exactly what we want? We ask ourselves why hasnt a good superheroine script been written? Well, Ill tell you why....Because all of us have a different idea of what a good superheroine script should be. Pull your head out of your asses and be glad that at least someone has convinced someone else that they should should invest millions of dollars into a Wonderwoman script. Ally Mcbeal ran for 5 years....I can only hope that Wonderwoman runs for half of that. But its up to us. Stop nit picking and just enjoy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

• d_k_c
  • Away
More
01 May 2011 20:42 #22937 by shadar
Nicely said... it seems that there are only two kinds of responses possible from fan-boys (doesn't seem to matter what the genre): love or hate.

Like everything else in life, compromise is the name of the game. The fact that we have a full-blown Wonder Woman series in 2011 with a tall, statuesque, athletic woman staring in it is one heck of a lot better of a situation than we've had for many years. Success of this series will open the door to more of the same.

One thing to remember (because Hollywood does) that the successful Buffy franchise was driven primarily by 18 to 34 year old female viewers. Its greatly missed by many women. Another smart portrayal of a super-empowered woman dealing realistically with the kinds of issues that all modern women deal with could be the new Buffy phenom.

We have to remember that we aren't the audience they are even aiming the show at! We just get to look over the shoulders of the real audience, and enjoy it or not.

Here's an excerpt from an interview of science fiction author Joanna Russ (who just died), talking about Buffy, which reminded me of this. Joss Whedon and his success with Buffy has to be very much on the minds of the producers and the writers...along with the audience he won with his show. An audience Wonder Woman the TV series would love to win back.

JR: I'm glad of that. Even though it was created by a guy, Joss Weedon, it was one of those tv shows aimed directly at women, and it is NOT domestic. It's adventurous, and horror fiction, and comedy. Humor! And it's very well written I'll say. A feminist friend of mine wrote me from Philadelphia and said you have to watch this, you must - and I did and I loved it. I collected them on vhs tapes and I loved them and now I've bought them on dvd. And some of the things they talk about are extremely funny. There is a male character named Spike who is a vampire - he is a sex object. He was doing an interview - telling about going to cons - and a whole bunch of girls who tried to tear his clothes off.
sd: 'Vampires i have known.'
jr: I won't do it - very carefully done to make him a glamorous sexpot.
jr: I like the ways the characters develop and the way things happen. Very well done.
sd: Anything else you want to remind us of?
jr: In Buffy?
sd: Yes in Buffy!
jr: oh my gosh i don't know where to start. it's present-day setting. It has -- as i said it's a woman's thing, or female thing. There're these 3 women with one guy who's a friend and they give actresses wonderful things to do. Like Anya the ex-vengeance demon who's trying to learn to be human and doesn't do it quite well. She has recently found out that not only is she human & American but also a capitalist. And these are all on the same level. Very funny at times because trying to be a shopkeeper, she knows nothing about any of this, and has to learn.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
02 May 2011 02:44 #22940 by natashablasick
Replied by natashablasick on topic Re: ADRIANNE PALICKI DRESSED AS NEW WONDER WOMAN!!!!
When does the first episode air?

• natashablasick
  • Content Creator
  • Content Creator
More
02 May 2011 02:52 #22941 by lfan

natashablasick wrote: When does the first episode air?

No definitive answer right now. We'll know more in a couple of weeks when NBC announces their Fall schedule. If it's picked up, we'll prob see it premier in late Sept...

Elf

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds