Amount

Agents of shield

19 Aug 2014 22:16 #37801 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Agents of shield
Thats not a bad call. Mockingbird isn't a great character(shes kind of a Poor mans Black Widdow in most interpretations or Black Cananary) but shes a good second string competent but not break the universe style marvel character to put in the show.

and Padalaki when shes given good material and even when shes not is decent at playing an asskicker who can have a relationship with the fact that shes a bueatiful woman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2015 20:15 #42748 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic Agents of shield
Anyone else exited for season 3?

s2 SPOILERS AHEAD

The are two very big possibilities on new super strong females namely:

bobbi (mockinbird) who seems to be hurt very bad and might need some special treatment to heal :evil:
simmons has been taking by the big alien rock/fluid thing. Some speculate she might become moonstone or kre dr (forgot her name) both of which have 10 tons lifting strength.

And there is also the fish fat vitamine pills thing potentially activating boatloads of inhumans.

sky is a bit of a disappointment though, although her power is awesome she hasn't displayed any enhanced strength.

Also anybody's heart skipped when they did the scene in the gym where mac's bench pressing something like 150 KG and bobbi says 'now it's my turn'. Somehow I expected her to secretly already to be super strong, hopefully they do a similar scene like that when she is :)

• clipfreak
  • clipfreak's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Jun 2015 22:53 - 13 Jun 2015 22:53 #42776 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Agents of shield
Simmons is to be reborn as Captain Marvel.

Fats
Last edit: 13 Jun 2015 22:53 by fats.

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Jun 2015 23:12 #42777 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Agents of shield
Yeah. I keep thinking that. They have 3 years to get Captain Marvel in the mix. Simmons would be an interesting take

- GeekSeven

More
14 Jun 2015 00:52 #42779 by ArgentDragon
Replied by ArgentDragon on topic Agents of shield

clipfreak wrote: Anyone else exited for season 3?

s2 SPOILERS AHEAD

The are two very big possibilities on new super strong females namely:

bobbi (mockinbird) who seems to be hurt very bad and might need some special treatment to heal :evil:
simmons has been taking by the big alien rock/fluid thing. Some speculate she might become moonstone or kre dr (forgot her name) both of which have 10 tons lifting strength.

And there is also the fish fat vitamine pills thing potentially activating boatloads of inhumans.

sky is a bit of a disappointment though, although her power is awesome she hasn't displayed any enhanced strength.

Also anybody's heart skipped when they did the scene in the gym where mac's bench pressing something like 150 KG and bobbi says 'now it's my turn'. Somehow I expected her to secretly already to be super strong, hopefully they do a similar scene like that when she is :)

Originally, Bobbi was given one of the hundreds of variants of the Super Soldier Formula which increased her natural physical abilities almost to Cap's level

More
14 Jun 2015 03:12 #42780 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Agents of shield

fats wrote: Simmons is to be reborn as Captain Marvel.

Well, at least that would explain the terrible fashion sense ;).

More
16 Jun 2015 00:53 #42803 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic Agents of shield
I don't think she will be come captain Marvell they probably want a more mainstream actress for that.

Another scenario I've been thinking of is:

Simmons get replaced with the super strong kre dr (stone is a portal) whom still looks like her.
She then starts preparing for the inhuman problem by influencing shield. And one way of doing that is by creating a super soldier serum for bobbi with maybe some kind of mind control additions.

• clipfreak
  • clipfreak's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 Jun 2015 01:36 #42805 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Agents of shield

clipfreak wrote: I don't think she will be come captain Marvell they probably want a more mainstream actress for that.

Simmons get replaced with the super strong kre dr (stone is a portal) whom still looks like her.
She then starts preparing for the inhuman problem by influencing shield. And one way of doing that is by creating a super soldier serum for bobbi with maybe some kind of mind control additions.

Keep in mind Joss Weddon has said he does not consider Agents of Shield Cannon With the marvel movies(he never wanted to bring back Collesan). While that doesn't necessairly mean anything as Marvel Cannon is what ever the producers say it is...

BUT.....

i think you can safely safe that nothing on Agents of Shields is going to effect the movies and Vica Versa. They simply don't want to make a movie that makes billions based on a modestly rated show.

I would be very shocked if anything from Daredevil or the Alias Jessica Jones hyper effects the movies either.

Castor

More
16 Jun 2015 06:31 #42809 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Agents of shield

castor wrote:

clipfreak wrote: I don't think she will be come captain Marvell they probably want a more mainstream actress for that.

Keep in mind Joss Weddon has said he does not consider Agents of Shield Cannon With the marvel movies(he never wanted to bring back Collesan). While that doesn't necessairly mean anything as Marvel Cannon is what ever the producers say it is...

BUT.....

i think you can safely safe that nothing on Agents of Shields is going to effect the movies and Vica Versa. They simply don't want to make a movie that makes billions based on a modestly rated show.

I would be very shocked if anything from Daredevil or the Alias Jessica Jones hyper effects the movies either.

Castor

Whedon is obviously wrong. He got his say for Avengers 2 as he was the director and he could just leave Coulson out of the movie -- but they sure were flying the Helicarrier he set up for them. Both Winter Soldier and Avengers 2 take place nested right in the agents of Shield TV show -- but it is important to note that it was the MOVIE pushing the TV show rather than the other way around. And it's weird for him to say that considering he created the TV show with his brother and sister-in-law. And there are just so many direct links to/from the movies. Winter Solder and Avengers 2 take place DIRECTLY between two SHIELD episodes, and are heavily referenced, and things from the show flow into the movie and back.

As you said, in the end, it's not Joss' call (it's Marvel's). Part of Joss' problem with Avengers 2 -- and why he's not coming back is the interference Marvel did with the Movie -- making him film things that he didn't want and taking out scenes he wanted and having him have to fight to keep things like the ranch scenes (which would have tanked the movie if they were left out I think). Marvel execs have said the opposite of Whedon, and made fun of DC for NOT making the universe the same (which was juvenile, and wrong, as there are many ways to tell stories, their way is just one).

I agree: they'll never risk a movie simply to keep canon with any of the TV properties. OTH, I think if they can keep canon with them, they will, and they'll actually take minor pains to do so. Like using the same actor Sitwell in the SHIELD and in Winter Soldier, setting up the opening and closing scenes of Avengers in SHIELD (etc).

But,they'll never risk a MOVIE just to keep it canon with another movie either. That is, if there is some minor fact revealed in Thor 2, and it gets in the way of an important point of telling Captain Marvel? It'll be ignored. And someone will No Prize it away after the fact (someone was mistaken, etc).

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds