Amount

Batwoman: Lesbian comic hero to get TV series

08 Aug 2018 00:28 #60568 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Batwoman: Lesbian comic hero to get TV series
Ruby Rose

Too SKINNY

Way to many tattoos

I will avoid looking at her.
These shows are supposed to entertain me.
She looks hideous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kikass2014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2018 01:30 #60570 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Batwoman: Lesbian comic hero to get TV series

kikass2014 wrote:

What's to say that Batwoman doesn't have tats and Ruby was chosen partially because she has them?  I'm presuming this is 21st century interpretation of the character.

LOL  sure whatever.

Why not give Supergirl a nose-ring and mohawk hair cut since, hey lets update this to the 21st Century?

Theres having a tattoo, and then theres Ruby Rose.

They chose her because she is a well-known, out-spoken, LESBIAN actress, thats all.  Nothing to do with her look, or acting ability.  If it was those qualities they were looking for, my suggestion of Madeline Petch blows her out the water.

Peace.

/K

Supergirl w/ a Mohawk you say?  (It was the 90's, and it's Matrix, not Kara.)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
08 Aug 2018 01:58 - 08 Aug 2018 02:01 #60572 by shadar

kikass2014 wrote: Oh totally agree :)  Geeks rejoice Bezos is a fan of this kind of stuff, and is also the richest man on the planet lol :D

Really looking forward to The Expanse Season 4.  I read the producer saying that they are pretty much upgrading all their shooting gear to better tech.  I think they may even be shooting in 4k (especially since it will be on their streaming service).

As for LOTR, I'm still not sure.  Will look amazing for sure ($1 billion buys a lot of talent :P). But as far as the story goes, last I heard it wouldn't be LOTR or The Hobbit per se, but set before or in-between?  If its before, it could be The Silmarillion (though that book, imo, is un-filmable, even more so then Dune, if you wish to stick strictly to the text).  If its after, meh, would they really risk trying to create NEW stuff up, especially if they can't match Tolkien in tone and style?

But for sure, good time indeed to be a geek :D

Peace.

/K

On LOTR, there certainly seems to be a story-writting dilemma. Some people have suggested they take various stories or even events alluded to by Tolkien and greatly expand on those. The story of Beren and Luthien as an obvious example. 

But you can't have a good multi-season show without some kind of underlying narrative. Some exciting or dire plot line that takes you from start to finish, no matter how many seasons are released.. 

An example would be to start with the story of Sauron and his creation of the rings and his granting them to Elves, Dwarves and Men, and then follow the free people of Middle Earth who came to oppose him in the Second Age as they begin to discover the evil he is creating. 

Or another example would be to start off after the books end, and tell the story of Middle Earth from the perspective of the offspring of the LOTR characters. Maybe Sauron's evil prevailed in some way and has taken new form. Or a new villain arises.

Either one could be done in a way that is creatively similar to Tolkien, and consistent with his various writings and respectful of the core concepts of his work. 

It would be fun to be a fly on the wall where the creative staff are trying to sort this out. 

Shadar
Last edit: 08 Aug 2018 02:01 by shadar.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
08 Aug 2018 02:09 - 08 Aug 2018 09:03 #60573 by Markiehoe

But you can't have a good multi-season show without some kind of underlying narrative. Some exciting or dire plot line that takes you from start to finish, no matter how many seasons are released.. 

I disagree.
We have talked about this before.
You can watch any episode of Gunsmoke (20 seasons) in any order at anytime and get a full, complete, entertaining story without an over arc save the basic premise of the show.
The log arc format ruins a show in reruns as you have to see several episodes before and you are committed to episodes after.
Last edit: 08 Aug 2018 09:03 by fats.

More
08 Aug 2018 02:33 #60575 by shadar

Markiehoe wrote: [qoute]

I disagree.
We have talked about this before.
You can watch any episode of Gunsmoke (20 seasons) in any order at anytime and get a full, complete, entertaining story without an over arc save the basic premise of the show.
The log arc format ruins a show in reruns as you have to see several episodes before and you are committed to episodes after.[/quote]

You're right that it's been done, even Star Trek was largely that way, but its far more common today for the very best shows to have an ongoing central narrative. Tolkien in particular, as the master of High Fantasy, but fantasy in general, tends to have themes and a form of continuity from start to end.  That was one of the things that made the LOTR movies work. 

For TV, GOT has also fundamentally changed the landscape in that direction. There can be all kinds of diversions along the way, but viewed over the span of multiple episodes, you see progress toward some goal (or shared doom or whatever). 

Shadar

• shadar
More
08 Aug 2018 03:42 #60577 by lfan

Markiehoe wrote: Ruby Rose

Too SKINNY

Way to many tattoos

She looks hideous.

Tatoos are not my thing and I prefer a non-tatted female to a a tatted one.  That said, if you think Ruby Rose is "hideous", you might wanna up your medications.  The girl is drop dead gorgeous in terms of her looks.  If she was wearing a a full length dress with sleeves -- or perhaps a costume like Batwomans -- 90% of people would have a hard time not thinking she's beautiful.  

Will be interesting to see how they deal with the tats though.  Like someone said, there are girls with tattoos and then there is Ruby Rose....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
08 Aug 2018 08:40 #60580 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Batwoman: Lesbian comic hero to get TV series
On the whole tatoo subject I'd like to say just one thing: way before we get to edit out some stuff digitally make-up artists were able to hide them with prothesys and/or some clever use of foundation cream and whatnot. Just for a bit of reference Sean Connery has a Scottish flag on his arm and from '62 to '71 nobody who saw him in any Bond flick ever noticed it (and they weren't exactly shy in showing him bare-chested).

More
08 Aug 2018 10:38 #60584 by Starforge
Replied by Starforge on topic Batwoman: Lesbian comic hero to get TV series

kikass2014 wrote: Oh totally agree :)  Geeks rejoice Bezos is a fan of this kind of stuff, and is also the richest man on the planet lol :D

Really looking forward to The Expanse Season 4.  I read the producer saying that they are pretty much upgrading all their shooting gear to better tech.  I think they may even be shooting in 4k (especially since it will be on their streaming service).

As for LOTR, I'm still not sure.  Will look amazing for sure ($1 billion buys a lot of talent :P). But as far as the story goes, last I heard it wouldn't be LOTR or The Hobbit per se, but set before or in-between?  If its before, it could be The Silmarillion (though that book, imo, is un-filmable, even more so then Dune, if you wish to stick strictly to the text).  If its after, meh, would they really risk trying to create NEW stuff up, especially if they can't match Tolkien in tone and style?

But for sure, good time indeed to be a geek :D

Peace.

/K

I would agree you couldn't do the Silmarillion or most of the works cobbled together by his son.  That being said, there WERE good story lines that one could make a decent movie or series over.  The fall of Gondolin.  Beren and Luthien.  The fall of the Noldor, the end of the second age with the downfall of Numenor, the witch king of Angmar and fall of the northern kingdom.  And those are just off the top of my head as it's literally been 25 years since I've read it or Unfinished Tales.

In some ways, the stories can be better than what the movies did because they are not only less well known, but less fleshed out and in some cases literally unfinished.

The one disheartening rumor I found was that it's going to be focused on a young Aragorn.  It could still be good, but if they go that route they are abandoning a lot of very good story lines for entirely fresh material that just happens to be set in ME.

More
08 Aug 2018 11:10 #60587 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Batwoman: Lesbian comic hero to get TV series
Totally agree that there are stories within Silmarillion that would make great stories (as some have mentioned).

I would much prefer taking those and making them as self-contained arcs within a season.  Maybe like 5 episode arcs or so.  The overarching thread is there too - Morgoth, and then Sauron.  So that shouldn't be a problem.

Additionally, the writers could pull stuff from the LOTR appendices, much like The Hobbit films did.  All the stuff with the White Council was taken from there.  I would LOVE to see Galadriel go back to Dol Goldur and destroy it single-handedly -

"Galadriel came forth and "threw down its walls and laid bare its pits"," :) 

One of my all-time favourite "superwoman" - "Tolkien describes Galadriel as "the mightiest and fairest of all the Elves that remained in Middle-earth" (after the death of Gil-galad)  and the "greatest of elven women"" :)

With regards to Ruby Rose and:

That said, if you think Ruby Rose is "hideous", you might wanna up your medications.  The girl is drop dead gorgeous in terms of her looks.

All I can say is Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

And there isn't much from what I behold.  But thats just me.

Peace.

/K

More
08 Aug 2018 11:10 #60588 by Markiehoe

lfan wrote:

Markiehoe wrote: Ruby Rose

Too SKINNY

Way to many tattoos

She looks hideous.

Tatoos are not my thing and I prefer a non-tatted female to a a tatted one.  That said, if you think Ruby Rose is "hideous", you might wanna up your medications.  The girl is drop dead gorgeous in terms of her looks.  If she was wearing a a full length dress with sleeves -- or perhaps a costume like Batwomans -- 90% of people would have a hard time not thinking she's beautiful.  

Will be interesting to see how they deal with the tats though.  Like someone said, there are girls with tattoos and then there is Ruby Rose....

O I generally agree.
Cover Ruby Rose from neckline to feet and ....what do you have?
I like the occasional cheesecake shot where we see some skin.

I liker Jaime Alexander.
She is not covered in tattoos.
On her show Blindspot she is.
It is the driving point to the plot.
I have not watched one episode.
She looks hideous covered in tattoos.

Angelina Jolie had real tattoos on her body in the Tomb Raider Movies.
In the first one they bleed through the body paint and you can see them.
How did they correct this in the second movie.?
Save the bikini scene in the beginning they covered her from neckline to feet.

More
09 Aug 2018 20:17 #60609 by Markiehoe
I can be very shallow sometimes.

I had a negative reaction to the heavily tattooed woman in the Meg trailer.
"Ugh! She looks terrible." I think came out of my mouth.
Guess who that is?

Ruby Rose.

More
09 Aug 2018 21:02 #60610 by andyf
From what I've seen of Rose in Dark Matter a d John Wick 2, she can play tough women very well.  This still feels like stunt casting a la Nicole Maine's on Supergirl.  Plus. Rose has both bipolar disorder and clinical depression!

More
09 Aug 2018 22:53 #60611 by kikass2014

From what I've seen of Rose in Dark Matter a d John Wick 2...

Wasn't she deaf and a mute in John Wick 2?  Pretty much within her wheelhouse then.  From what I've read she didn't fair to well in OITNB.

Oh well.  Bodes well for Batwoman then, if they make her deaf and mute.

Peace.

/K

More
10 Aug 2018 02:29 #60614 by shadar

kikass2014 wrote:

From what I've seen of Rose in Dark Matter a d John Wick 2...

Wasn't she deaf and a mute in John Wick 2?  Pretty much within her wheelhouse then.  From what I've read she didn't fair to well in OITNB.

Oh well.  Bodes well for Batwoman then, if they make her deaf and mute.

Peace.

/K

I know you don't like her tats, but other than that, I think she could be perfect for the role. Given she's best playing a tough girl role, her Batwoman is going to be kickass and more than a little dangerous. As someone with Bat in their name should be. 

Of course, the usual disclaimers apply about possible lousy writing, but it should be easy to write her into the role given her natural talents. Just turn her loose. I'm looking forward to seeing Ruby Rose doing her thing. 

Shadar

• shadar
More
10 Aug 2018 09:55 - 10 Aug 2018 09:57 #60616 by kikass2014
It isn't the fact that Ruby Rose is playing the part (I have nothing against her personally), its more, like others have mentioned, that fact that this is stunt casting.  Nothing more.

Sure, she can look "tough".  But so what?  A lot of other actors can too.

But you do raise a good point.  Let's wait and see.

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.  Even though I am highly suspicious that the ingredients won't turn out well, I could be surprised by the taste.

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 10 Aug 2018 09:57 by kikass2014.

More
10 Aug 2018 12:47 #60618 by fats
Here is a vid clip of her discussing the new role

Fats

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 Aug 2018 19:46 #60622 by castor
A friend on Facebook put it this way.

Shes Charismatic, Athletic can play tough and not that great an actor..

And for an action TV Show....thats not the worst quality

. If you belive her as Batwoman, and watch her do a mix of cool and slightly stilted Kane-yeah that can work.

More
13 Aug 2018 09:28 #60633 by fats

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Aug 2018 10:26 #60635 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Batwoman: Lesbian comic hero to get TV series

fats wrote: This saddens me

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-45166592

Fats

It suck, but it's hardly unexpected.

To quote Umberto Eco: "There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People."

More
13 Aug 2018 11:27 - 13 Aug 2018 11:29 #60636 by kikass2014
As Woodclaw said, it does suck and is not unexpected.

In a way, this demonstrates the stupidity (for lack of a better word) of what is clearly going on - stunt casting.  And some people (maybe quite a lot, enough to cause her to leave twitter) have had enough.

The problem, like I have said, is not Ruby Rose.  Its the fact that she was cast simply because she is a lesbian and on no other merit.  How can someone make this statement you say?  Well, lets consider some alternatives.

1) Rose Leslie - played Ygritte on Game of Thrones.  As well as being in Downton Abbey, as well as being in the series The Good Fight.

2) Adrianne Palicki - has played Mockingbird on AoS, as well as being in The Orville among other things.

3) Evan Rachel Wood - plays Delores on Westworld, and has been in a whole lot of stuff dating back to 1994 (she is only 30 years old).

3) Yvonne Strahovksi - voiced the character in the animated release.  Best known for appearing in Chuck.  Has been in Dexter, The Astronauts Wives Club, and The Handmaids Tale.

4) Hannah John-Kamen - played Finale in Ready Player One, and is currently Ghost in Ant-Man and the Wasp.  Best known for her role on Killjoys.

Each of these is perfectly fine as Batwoman, and ALL of them are better actors then Ruby Rose.

So, instead of getting the best possible actor for the role, you cast someone that fits in with an agenda.

That is why people are lashing out.

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 13 Aug 2018 11:29 by kikass2014.

More
13 Aug 2018 15:24 #60639 by lfan
Berlanti and Co are known for their "social activism" casting so it's not a surprise, but people are jumping all over this girl.  I'm not that familiar with her acting (haven't gotten to her in Orange Is the New Black yet -- no spoilers) and haven't seen The Meg, but based on those castings, she cannot be the worst actress in the world.  The literally could have gotten ANYONE to play her role in The Meg, yet she got it.  While it would be naive to think that being a lesbian didn't help her get the role, I think "she was cast simply because she is a lesbian and on no other merit" is a little harsh.

Getting the best actress for the role?!?!  I think you meant to say, "get the best actress for the role who's schedule will allow it and who fits into the budget and who is in the appropriate age range".   Those three factors alone probably rule out some of the ones on that list, not to mention a ton of other actresses.  Excellent choices, though, I'll give you that.  Why do you merely dismiss Ruby Rose as "stunt casting" because she is a lesbian?  Wouldn't you think a lesbian could portray a lesbian as adequately or better than a non-lesbian?  Would it be "stunt casting" if they chose a more established actress who was still lesbian/bi (like Evan Rachel Wood)? 

Im sure everyone had their own list of "Supergirls" when the show was announced and I would bet $1000 that 99.9% of people's lists did NOT include Benoist.  Though she is now entrenched in the role (and a fine actress most of the time) and is synonymous with "Supergirl" now.  This is CW, not Shakespeare in the Round, so the lack of experience thing is hardly shocking.  Grant Gustin, Melissa Benoist, Steven Amell, Creed Williams....hardly household names before they were all selected to headline their own respective shows....

ElF

kikass2014 wrote: As Woodclaw said, it does suck and is not unexpected.

In a way, this demonstrates the stupidity (for lack of a better word) of what is clearly going on - stunt casting.  And some people (maybe quite a lot, enough to cause her to leave twitter) have had enough.

The problem, like I have said, is not Ruby Rose.  Its the fact that she was cast simply because she is a lesbian and on no other merit.  How can someone make this statement you say?  Well, lets consider some alternatives.

1) Rose Leslie - played Ygritte on Game of Thrones.  As well as being in Downton Abbey, as well as being in the series The Good Fight.

2) Adrianne Palicki - has played Mockingbird on AoS, as well as being in The Orville among other things.

3) Evan Rachel Wood - plays Delores on Westworld, and has been in a whole lot of stuff dating back to 1994 (she is only 30 years old).

3) Yvonne Strahovksi - voiced the character in the animated release.  Best known for appearing in Chuck.  Has been in Dexter, The Astronauts Wives Club, and The Handmaids Tale.

4) Hannah John-Kamen - played Finale in Ready Player One, and is currently Ghost in Ant-Man and the Wasp.  Best known for her role on Killjoys.

Each of these is perfectly fine as Batwoman, and ALL of them are better actors then Ruby Rose.

So, instead of getting the best possible actor for the role, you cast someone that fits in with an agenda.

That is why people are lashing out.

Peace.

/K

The following user(s) said Thank You: fats, andyf

More
13 Aug 2018 18:15 - 13 Aug 2018 18:18 #60640 by kikass2014

Berlanti and Co are known for their "social activism" casting so it's not a surprise, but people are jumping all over this girl.

True, I totally agree.  Just like I said they would cast a transgender actor for the role in Supergirl.  I wasn’t surprised, I expected it, and called it.

I'm not that familiar with her acting (haven't gotten to her in Orange Is the New Black yet -- no spoilers) and haven't seen The Meg, but based on those castings, she cannot be the worst actress in the world.  The literally could have gotten ANYONE to play her role in The Meg, yet she got it.  While it would be naive to think that being a lesbian didn't help her get the role, I think "she was cast simply because she is a lesbian and on no other merit" is a little harsh.

Well I’ve seen her in The Meg, and in OITNB.  I’ve seen her in John Wick 2, xXx and Resident Evil. So I can make that statement. And like others have said, she is not a very good actress.  But she has her following, and putting bums on seats is the business, so there is math at work here.

Getting the best actress for the role?!?!  I think you meant to say, "get the best actress for the role who's schedule will allow it and who fits into the budget and who is in the appropriate age range".   Those three factors alone probably rule out some of the ones on that list, not to mention a ton of other actresses.  Excellent choices, though, I'll give you that.

I agree, that is a fair point.  So let me throw another one, one I suggested earlier – why not go with Madeline Petsch?  She’s not a household name, has worked with Berlanti before, is young, and has shown she can act.

Why do you merely dismiss Ruby Rose as "stunt casting" because she is a lesbian?  Wouldn't you think a lesbian could portray a lesbian as adequately or better than a non-lesbian?  Would it be "stunt casting" if they chose a more established actress who was still lesbian/bi (like Evan Rachel Wood)?

You seem to be missing the point.  The point is to cast someone REGARDLESS of their sexuality.  You cast someone on other factors, MAINLY their ability to ACT.

Im sure everyone had their own list of "Supergirls" when the show was announced and I would bet $1000 that 99.9% of people's lists did NOT include Benoist.

True, but….

Though she is now entrenched in the role (and a fine actress most of the time) and is synonymous with "Supergirl" now.

...Benoist going into Supergirl was known.  She had appeared in Glee (along with Grant Gustin incidentally), and she was also in Whiplash.

This is CW, not Shakespeare in the Round, so the lack of experience thing is hardly shocking.  Grant Gustin, Melissa Benoist, Steven Amell, Creed Williams....hardly household names before they were all selected to headline their own respective shows....

I agree.  This isn’t Shakespeare.  But that isn’t the point per se.  If you believe that Ruby Rose got this role on merit, fair play to you.  Who knows, maybe she will be excellent.

I’m just trying to explain why there is a (arguably justified) backlash.

Peace

./K
Last edit: 13 Aug 2018 18:18 by kikass2014.

More
13 Aug 2018 19:28 - 13 Aug 2018 19:30 #60642 by lfan
Understood.....just saying

1:  Let's give her a chance
2.  I don't think its fair to say she solely got it by being a lesbian.  It probably helped though.  ;)

Random comments/rebuttals:
1)  Melissa was hardly known, IMO......one season of Glee does not make one a household name, especially given when the show was in its decline.  She had maybe 10 minutes of screen time in Whiplash, though I thought she was pretty good..  Side note:  I'm willing to fight anyone who does not think the ending of Whiplash is one of the best endings of all time.
2)  You mentioned Madeline Petsch, as she is in Berlanti's stable (which he loves to recycle).  Isn't she tied up with Riverdale?  I dont watch the show so I dunno if they killed off Cherry
3)  Still think your best suggestion was Rose Leslie.  Aside from the red hair (which helps), she displayed a fierceness and physicality in GoT that would translate well to the show, IMO
4)  There is backlash -- and there always will be -- because lots of people really need to get their own lives

ElF

kikass2014 wrote:

Berlanti and Co are known for their "social activism" casting so it's not a surprise, but people are jumping all over this girl.

True, I totally agree.  Just like I said they would cast a transgender actor for the role in Supergirl.  I wasn’t surprised, I expected it, and called it.

I'm not that familiar with her acting (haven't gotten to her in Orange Is the New Black yet -- no spoilers) and haven't seen The Meg, but based on those castings, she cannot be the worst actress in the world.  The literally could have gotten ANYONE to play her role in The Meg, yet she got it.  While it would be naive to think that being a lesbian didn't help her get the role, I think "she was cast simply because she is a lesbian and on no other merit" is a little harsh.

Well I’ve seen her in The Meg, and in OITNB.  I’ve seen her in John Wick 2, xXx and Resident Evil. So I can make that statement. And like others have said, she is not a very good actress.  But she has her following, and putting bums on seats is the business, so there is math at work here.

Getting the best actress for the role?!?!  I think you meant to say, "get the best actress for the role who's schedule will allow it and who fits into the budget and who is in the appropriate age range".   Those three factors alone probably rule out some of the ones on that list, not to mention a ton of other actresses.  Excellent choices, though, I'll give you that.

I agree, that is a fair point.  So let me throw another one, one I suggested earlier – why not go with Madeline Petsch?  She’s not a household name, has worked with Berlanti before, is young, and has shown she can act.

Why do you merely dismiss Ruby Rose as "stunt casting" because she is a lesbian?  Wouldn't you think a lesbian could portray a lesbian as adequately or better than a non-lesbian?  Would it be "stunt casting" if they chose a more established actress who was still lesbian/bi (like Evan Rachel Wood)?

You seem to be missing the point.  The point is to cast someone REGARDLESS of their sexuality.  You cast someone on other factors, MAINLY their ability to ACT.

Im sure everyone had their own list of "Supergirls" when the show was announced and I would bet $1000 that 99.9% of people's lists did NOT include Benoist.

True, but….

Though she is now entrenched in the role (and a fine actress most of the time) and is synonymous with "Supergirl" now.

...Benoist going into Supergirl was known.  She had appeared in Glee (along with Grant Gustin incidentally), and she was also in Whiplash.

This is CW, not Shakespeare in the Round, so the lack of experience thing is hardly shocking.  Grant Gustin, Melissa Benoist, Steven Amell, Creed Williams....hardly household names before they were all selected to headline their own respective shows....

I agree.  This isn’t Shakespeare.  But that isn’t the point per se.  If you believe that Ruby Rose got this role on merit, fair play to you.  Who knows, maybe she will be excellent.

I’m just trying to explain why there is a (arguably justified) backlash.

Peace

./K

Last edit: 13 Aug 2018 19:30 by lfan.

More
13 Aug 2018 19:43 #60643 by shadar

lfan wrote: Understood.....just saying

1:  Let's give her a chance
2.  I don't think its fair to say she solely got it by being a lesbian.  It probably helped though.  ;)

Random comments/rebuttals:
1)  Melissa was hardly known, IMO......one season of Glee does not make one a household name, especially given when the show was in its decline.  She had maybe 10 minutes of screen time in Whiplash, though I thought she was pretty good..  Side note:  I'm willing to fight anyone who does not think the ending of Whiplash is one of the best endings of all time.
2)  You mentioned Madeline Petsch, as she is in Berlanti's stable (which he loves to recycle).  Isn't she tied up with Riverdale?  I dont watch the show so I dunno if they killed off Cherry
3)  Still think your best suggestion was Rose Leslie.  Aside from the red hair (which helps), she displayed a fierceness and physicality in GoT that would translate well to the show, IMO
4)  There is backlash -- and there always will be -- because lots of people really need to get their own lives

ElF

I couldn't agree more, Lfan. Well said. 

What I think is really funny is that some lesbians are complaining that she's "not really a lesbian". Ruby describes herself as "gender fluid" which used to be called "bi-sexual" before we discovered that gender doesn't come in only two sizes. 

Shadar

• shadar
More
13 Aug 2018 20:13 #60645 by kikass2014
@ Lfan

1) Didn't say she was a household name, but known.  And I agree with you on the Whiplash ending :)

2) As far as I know, Madeline Petsch is currently filming season 3 of Riverdale.  But having said that, it is not uncommon for actors to be working on more then one project at a time.  The Rock has like 5 films a year or something lol :D

3) Those were some I thought of off the top of my head so to speak.  I personally, would probably go with Rose as well out of the list :)

4) Agree, ppl will always hate something.

The bottom line, to me, is that she is going to play Batwoman.  Would I have liked someone else to play her?  Sure.  Do I care enough that it is her to bitch and moan at the woman?  No.  Will she be any good?  Who knows.  Will I watch it? I'll wait and she what she does in the crossover, then decide.

Kikass is now on lock-down with regards to this topic (baring unforeseen circumstances :P)

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds