Amount

Batwoman: Lesbian comic hero to get TV series

17 May 2019 18:38 - 17 May 2019 18:39 #64047 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Batwoman: Lesbian comic hero to get TV series
"...while she's literally using everything that Bruce Wayne created to be Batman. I mean, come on..."

I'm doing everything I can to enjoy/support the CW DC shows (including lately skipping ahead for large sections) so I was watching the full trailer with an open mind and eye for action, story and style and didn't catch the irony there but you got a true out loud laugh from me with that observation.

What I'd like to know is do the writers let their 12 year olds watch this? Implied meat hook suspension? They did it in a Smallville episode with Vandervoort too and I wanted *out.*

Yet, my biggest qualm is Luke Fox. Can he please be a nerd without being a dork. All I see is stereotype. is Camrus Johnson in his heart of hearts really okay with it ~ and did he come up with it or was he directed?
Last edit: 17 May 2019 18:39 by Random321.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2019 20:16 #64049 by shadar

lfan wrote: While I'm not going to indict any series based on its trailer, it's head scratching why Berlanti's superheroine shows go SO overboard with the "independent woman" messages, especially at the infancy of the series.  I remember the did similar things with Supergirl on S1.  It's so over-the-top, it sounds stupid.....

That said, I'm still gonna watch it to see what its like :)

ElF

I plan to watch it too. We all know by now that CW goes overboard on cultural messaging, which its primary demographic greatly enjoys.

I'm getting better every year at ignoring what I don't like and focusing on what I do. Which frankly, is the  secret of living a long life filled with happiness and optimism. . 

I'm not as old as Willie Nelson, but I'm learning the same lesson that he religiously follows: he completely avoids negative thoughts and negative people. Also, smoking a lot of weed helps. 

So, bring on CW's Batwoman. I'll be ready. And given I'm not as over-the-top enthusiastic about the character, as I was with Supergirl, I can just let it flow. 

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
04 Aug 2019 18:25 #64755 by murdough
Replied by murdough on topic Batwoman: Lesbian comic hero to get TV series
Kind of Batwoman related. It's been announced that Kevin Conroy, the man who has been *the* voice of Batman since the 90s will be appearing *in person* as a future Bruce Wayne in Crisis. Honestly, I think my heart stopped when I saw the news.

www.eonline.com/news/1062129/longtime-ba...7rhwjNXKnPWBgKkyuaEI

More
04 Aug 2019 20:30 - 04 Aug 2019 20:32 #64756 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Batwoman: Lesbian comic hero to get TV series

murdough wrote: Kind of Batwoman related. It's been announced that Kevin Conroy, the man who has been *the* voice of Batman since the 90s will be appearing *in person* as a future Bruce Wayne in Crisis. Honestly, I think my heart stopped when I saw the news.

www.eonline.com/news/1062129/longtime-ba...7rhwjNXKnPWBgKkyuaEI

If they pair him with Mark Hamill as a future Joker I might have a stroke. I mean look at them.
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 20:32 by Woodclaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kikass2014

More
04 Aug 2019 21:47 #64758 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Batwoman: Lesbian comic hero to get TV series
Awesome news :)

Conroy is THE BATMAN imo :)  And his paring with Hamill is just pure gold :)

Looking forward even more now to Crisis :)

Peace.

/K

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds