Amount

The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime

30 Jul 2019 23:30 #64718 by mrmagik
Replied by mrmagik on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
CHECK OUT, THE BOYS EPISODE 3  AT MIN 45.50.... 
SHE INJECTS COMPOUND V, WHICH MAKE HER SUPER STRONG  :)   GREAT SCENE (SEE PICTURE)
BUT THERE IS MORE... 

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, jyache

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2019 09:36 #64719 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
Cosmetic products for superheroes.   Stays on during leaps over tall buildings.  High speed flights. Temperature extremes.

More
01 Aug 2019 07:00 - 01 Aug 2019 07:09 #64726 by jay_manus
Replied by jay_manus on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
I had to laugh.  This one sits in front of all the other episodes:

This one sits in front of episode 6:

Yeah, ep 6 was kind of a dud, but I guess it moved the story along...

Great ending in Ep 8, by the way.  Clear setup for next season.  I read somewhere (wikipedia maybe?) that the second season was already ordered before the first season was even released.  Is that uncommon or typical?  Anyway, ya gotta wonder whether the writers are more interested in keeping us or the buyer on the hook.  It worked for both..  

Overall I found the writing, the acting, and the production all very well done.  Would have liked to see more of Queen Maeve of course, but the potential remains...

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 01 Aug 2019 07:09 by jay_manus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
01 Aug 2019 11:32 - 01 Aug 2019 22:38 #64728 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
At the beginning of the first episode, there is also a "rape" warning, so six in total lol

You could have used that =)

I wonder if we will see some of the other 'teams' featured in the comic books, in the next season.

The part where I was amused the most was the photo/autograph section with all the past "stars", including real ones (Zane, Reed...), and the "Mesmerizer" (the actor from The 6th Sense -prodigy child back then), i found that genious !
Last edit: 01 Aug 2019 22:38 by Helstar.

More
01 Aug 2019 15:28 #64729 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime

jay_manus wrote: I read somewhere (wikipedia maybe?) that the second season was already ordered before the first season was even released.  Is that uncommon or typical? 

It's not routine for everything, but especially among streamers, it's common for a high-profile and expensive show to get a two-season order up front to spread the costs around a little.  Still, we're a long way from the traditional network model of a "season" being 20 or more episodes.  Two seasons of this still isn't really giving us all that many installments.

More
01 Aug 2019 18:24 #64733 by murdough
Replied by murdough on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime

Helstar wrote: At the beginning of the first episode, there is also a "rape" warning, so six in total lol

You could have used that =)

I wonder if we will see some of the other 'teams' featured in the comic books, in the next season.

The part where I amused the most was the photo/autograph section with all the past "stars", including real ones (Zane, Reed...), and the "Mesmerizer" (the actor from The 6th Sense -prodigy child back then), i found that genious !

It's possible that we might, especially since Kripke's already confirmed that if the show gets renewed for a 3rd season, they'll be doing the superhero orgy from the book.

www.cbr.com/the-boys-herogasm-season-3/?...XBmWAGXLMj1EnqudLWN0

More
02 Aug 2019 01:19 - 02 Aug 2019 01:20 #64736 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
I freaking love it from episode one.  A great what if from a different perspective.  Great FX, evil supers who dupe everyone, big bad corporation, world domination intrigue...  And it seems most of the strongest supes are USA based.  Weird.  

Here are some stills I did.  Just from the earliest part of episode one.  Spoilers.

Queen Maeve (aka Wonder Woman) stops an armored car heist.  She runs along the side of a building.  Her footsteps crack the glass of an unsuspecting granny.  

She drops down in front of the armored car and the car just get demolished.  Just look at it fold around her!

Last edit: 02 Aug 2019 01:20 by Sarge395.
The following user(s) said Thank You: superfunk, oldHarmonyMotion, steelknight3000

• Sarge395
  • Sarge395's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
02 Aug 2019 01:21 - 02 Aug 2019 01:33 #64737 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
The truck splits in two and she ends up in the back where the stunned robbers are.  She punches the shit out of them, comes up to confront the two that exited.  Look at the smirk.  Hot damm this is gold!

Last edit: 02 Aug 2019 01:33 by Sarge395.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, superfunk, oldHarmonyMotion, steelknight3000, Artnico

• Sarge395
  • Sarge395's Avatar Topic Author
More
02 Aug 2019 01:30 #64738 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
I never thought anyone would bring a show like this to TV. Thank you Jeff Bezos, who often gets hammered for being an evil corporate overlord. Doesn't mean he can't take a risk and do something that's great fun. Maybe ONLY someone like him could hang it out there this way. 

He is also bringing us two more seasons of Expanse and a 1.5 billion dollar Tolkien tale. If he shows similiar guts in those productions (albeit in a very different way), I'm all in on evil corporate overlords. <GRIN>

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, RD

• shadar
More
02 Aug 2019 02:27 #64739 by oldHarmonyMotion
Replied by oldHarmonyMotion on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
you're the best sarge. thanks for sharing

• oldHarmonyMotion
More
02 Aug 2019 23:32 #64744 by murdough
Cute little bit from Karl Urban. There's some implication as to our preference about halfway through 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, shadar

More
03 Aug 2019 23:26 #64750 by shadar

murdough wrote: Cute little bit from Karl Urban. There's some implication as to our preference about halfway through 

I love Billy's "good talk" with the kids. He's such a badass character. Smart but bad to the bone when it comes to supes. 

I know, they were just kids, and his language is awful, but their faces were hilarious. 

The Boys seems to be growing on me, episode by episode. I'm rationing the episodes, so I've still got two to go for Season 1.  I like to savor them one at a time as opposed to binging them. Same as I do for Expanse or other shows I really like. I wait until I'm in the exact right mood for an episode. 

If this is indicative of what the fresh and different kinds of shows that Amazon is producing, albeit on different themes, then the next few years are going to be awesome. Way better than anything that feature movies can bring us, IMHO, thanks to the huge amount of screen time. In the case of The Boys, seven to eight hours for a single season, with multiple seasons coming, versus two to three hours for a movie. 

Streaming really is the future.

Shadar

• shadar
More
04 Aug 2019 03:24 - 04 Aug 2019 03:25 #64751 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
Kudos to the Producers for a job well done.   Hopefully, the Netflix team in charge of Jupiters Legacy is taking notes.  While it's not as irreverent and graphic-- at least in comic form -- as The Boys, it's another great satirical and dark take on superheroes and is currently in production in Toronto now.

ElF
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 03:25 by lfan.

More
04 Aug 2019 04:28 #64752 by murdough

shadar wrote:

murdough wrote: Cute little bit from Karl Urban. There's some implication as to our preference about halfway through 

I love Billy's "good talk" with the kids. He's such a badass character. Smart but bad to the bone when it comes to supes. 

I know, they were just kids, and his language is awful, but their faces were hilarious. 

Honestly, I see it two ways, given that Karl's a father. a) he wasn't actually in the room with the kids when he uses the foul language or b) he's having too much fun and knows from personal experience that kids are tough, especially those in the acting business at that age. Either way, you can tell he had a good time doing this scene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

More
04 Aug 2019 18:21 #64754 by shadar
Had a weird dream last night featuring The Boys... had to do with another Supe applying for the Seven who Homelander is totally opposed to having join. Alex is the only other Supe who has been identified whose powers rival, or possibly exceed even his. Vought names her "Freedom", with a script that says Homelander and Freedom are going to get paired up, despite the fact that she can't stand his arrogance.

Vought promptly dress her in a red, white and blue costume with stars on it, which is even worse given she's from Germany, not some heartland state in the US.

And the very next day, she's captured by News helicopters, wearing that costume as she stops a runaway train coming down out of the Sierra Nevada mountains -- 60,000 tons of train -- which she brings to a stop before it derails in a small California town at the foot of the pass. A train accident that was secretly rigged for the publicity. 

Vought, in it's usual money-grubbing way, signs her to a provisional contract (The Eight?) and gives her a trial assignment -- to be the prize in their new Win a Date with a Superhero contest. Which of course brings in millions and millions of new revenue after she appears on every Late Night and News show. 

When the contest winner is finally announced -- a young, blond surfer dude from California who is a Supe with a very low-level power that makes him the worlds best surfer  -- the world goes crazy. Of course the contest was also rigged, but nobody really cares because they are such a gorgeous couple.

For their first date, and against everyone's expectation that he'll take her surfing or whatever, he invites her to a Gala in San Franscisco. Turns out his mother is a wealthy socialite who is always sponsoring events for the rich and famous, and she needed the ratings boost. 

Here's a picture of Alex arriving at the Gala after flying around overhead for a few minutes to everyone's applause. The Vought publicity people who dressed her for the event seem to have forgotten that large skirts and flying women don't mix.

Landing in front of the cameras, with the crowd shouting "Freedom, Freedom", she has to work to preserve her modesty as her skirt goes into parachute mode as she descends to land lightly on one toe. 

It's a wardrobe malfunction on her second public outing. But it only gets worse from here.

Shadar

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, TwiceOnThursdays, Gargamel

• shadar
More
05 Aug 2019 04:50 - 05 Aug 2019 04:51 #64761 by shadar
My weird dream (see below), flushed out as it was, made it clear to me that The Boys are going to be fan-fiction heaven. There are so many stories that could be told to fill the empty spaces between scenes and characters and episodes, etc..  And it would also be pretty easy to go beyond the characters. There are going to be all kinds of Supes out there that, unlike Annie/Twilight, didn't win the various Supe talent contests and get popular enough to get noticed by Vought (or maybe just not as exploitable). 

It's so incredibly easy to write stories in this universe. And there are NO sensitive toes to avoid stepping on. 

Just as the show has rattled our respective cages, the wide-variety of fan-fiction that would fit into the world of The Boys is limitless and unbounded by convention or explicitness or anything else. 

How about this for a future SWM writing contest subject: Write a story set in the world of The Boys. 

I'd be willing to bet we'd get some amazing stories...

Shadar
Last edit: 05 Aug 2019 04:51 by shadar.

• shadar
More
15 Aug 2019 07:58 - 15 Aug 2019 08:18 #64806 by Franky
Replied by Franky on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
I found this on the net. It's called "Death by Snu Snu Scene". In this clip, a super-strong woman gets a little carried away during a tender moment with mixed results..

This image is hidden for guests.

DOWNLOAD:
mega.nz/#!rpxgBYZK!ueP5nNiAtXj5VJTY7vrLfGuSUpN6j81IkRjDqx_0Tjk
Last edit: 15 Aug 2019 08:18 by Franky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico, cristian01984, guimachajo1

More
15 Aug 2019 13:14 #64808 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
This is one of the best female feat of superstrength I ever seen, not for the woman who is a little too skinny for me, but for Queen's Maeve attitude : I love how she looks confidente and superrior, she's absolutly sexy in this action scene !
Hope there will be plenty more action like this in the serie.

Sarge395 wrote: I freaking love it from episode one.  A great what if from a different perspective.  Great FX, evil supers who dupe everyone, big bad corporation, world domination intrigue...  And it seems most of the strongest supes are USA based.  Weird.  

Here are some stills I did.  Just from the earliest part of episode one.  Spoilers.

Queen Maeve (aka Wonder Woman) stops an armored car heist.  She runs along the side of a building.  Her footsteps crack the glass of an unsuspecting granny.  

She drops down in front of the armored car and the car just get demolished.  Just look at it fold around her!

More
15 Aug 2019 17:03 #64810 by shadar

Franky wrote: I found this on the net. It's called "Death by Snu Snu Scene". In this clip, a super-strong woman gets a little carried away during a tender moment with mixed results..

DOWNLOAD:

Yeah, that's A-Train's jealous and somewhat freaky girlfriend who is part of his blue serum smuggler group or whatever. A classic "doesn't know her own strength" scene, but with a sexy explicit and graphically horrific outcome. 

What's remarkable about The Boys is that even our most "out there" fiction rarely matches up to the scenes in this show. At first that shocked me, as we sometimes get pretty graphic and over-the-top when it comes to superstrength and sex, and I personally worry about going too far, but clearly the folks at Amazon (and I'm betting Bezos had to personally sign off on the scenes in this show given the themes) have some even more unbounded imaginations. 

I'm not sure if that disturbs me or excites me more. 

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, cristian01984

• shadar
More
15 Aug 2019 18:15 #64811 by murdough

Franky wrote: I found this on the net. It's called "Death by Snu Snu Scene". In this clip, a super-strong woman gets a little carried away during a tender moment with mixed results..

DOWNLOAD:

not so much tender as she was completely and totally wrecked and seduced her landlord who happened to share a similar....interest as we do. beyond that though, it was certainly entertaining

More
10 Jan 2020 18:25 #66333 by HikerAngel
Replied by HikerAngel on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
This is the only Amazon show that I've liked thus far, but I liked it a lot. I can't get enough of the Annie/Hughie troubled romance, which is very well done.

This article has a trailer for season 2:
www.techradar.com/news/the-boys-season-2-release-date-trailer

More
10 Jan 2020 21:06 #66337 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime

HikerAngel wrote: This is the only Amazon show that I've liked thus far, but I liked it a lot. I can't get enough of the Annie/Hughie troubled romance, which is very well done.

For me it's kind of the opposite. Mind you, I recognize that the production quality is actually very high, but I'm not a fan of the original comic, so I was never part of the target audience.

More
10 Jan 2020 22:14 #66339 by shadar

Woodclaw wrote:

HikerAngel wrote: This is the only Amazon show that I've liked thus far, but I liked it a lot. I can't get enough of the Annie/Hughie troubled romance, which is very well done.

For me it's kind of the opposite. Mind you, I recognize that the production quality is actually very high, but I'm not a fan of the original comic, so I was never part of the target audience.

I never saw the original comic, and I suppose that's good given the show is supposedly less graphic. The show really pushed my boundaries as it was. 

But in the end, it was enjoyable and shocking and very memorable all at the same time, and very well done. Super powers + human nature took us to some ugly (and sometimes beautiful) places.

It's been a while since a TV show delighted me, which is to say, was a lot more fun to watch than I'd expected. 

Hopefully they won't be motivated to crank up the gore further in Season 2, but rather focus on the relationships. As HikerAngel says, the relationship between Annie and Hughie is fascinating, with excellent writing and acting. You want a superheroine for a girlfriend?  Well, that comes with a few glitches. 

Shadar

• shadar
More
10 Jan 2020 23:12 #66340 by cbaby
Replied by cbaby on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime
The series is much better than the comic so far imo.  Looking forward to season 2.

More
10 Jan 2020 23:27 #66342 by HikerAngel
Replied by HikerAngel on topic The Boys - Final Trailer Amazon Prime

shadar wrote: I never saw the original comic, and I suppose that's good given the show is supposedly less graphic. The show really pushed my boundaries as it was.

Less graphic!!! Wow! Glad I didn't read the comic book version... it's hard to imagine a more graphic version of that show! It already has more than enough "ew" to put my horror stories to shame. :)

More
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds