Amount

Little Krypton

04 Mar 2020 16:56 #67034 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Little Krypton
My tourist Spanish is not the best, but I have  NEVER been criticized for speaking it. Most folks recognize that I am not a native speaker but I can usually get my point across or my question answered. Typically, they are very pleased that I am trying to speak their language in their country.  And trust me, English is way harder to speak let alone write than Spanish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2020 17:19 #67036 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Little Krypton

guimachajo1 wrote: Please please new chapter please


I take no offense. I can appreciate how hard it is to communicate on this forum if you aren't relatively fluent in English.

As far as stories, I'm working on some new Little Krypton episodes, but given the oldest of my three Labrador Retrievers, and my best buddy for nearly 11 years, is going in for surgery on Thursday for some tumors, I'm unlikely to be writing much the last half of the week. With luck, he should be Ok afterward, but he's getting kind of old and I worry about him. 

I will tease you a little with a picture of Nancy, who is the 4th oldest of Kal and Kara's children at sixteen years. She's always been regarded as bright and hopeful, and very kind.

Alura at the oldest can be tough, and given she carries a lot of her father's muscle, she looks it. She solves most problems by punching them. 

Lara, of course, has most of her older sister's power, but she drives men crazy with both her beauty and this strange aura of attraction that surrounds her. While she's got a good heart, she melted down the UN just from working there as an intern. It's a rare man who can sit in the same room with her without behaving badly.  

Nancy seems more normal and convivial and nice. She's the "sweet one". But she has another side of her that only Lara suspects after Nancy once said that it was good to "unburden the justice system from the most violent criminals who will never be reformed". That's not exactly the Family motto of never deliberately causing a death.

Here's a picture of Nancy. Between her makeup and her outfit, she's successfully trying to look older than her mid-teens, what with a lighter and packet of cigarettes in her jacket pocket. Wearing nothing but a black leather miniskirt and this leather jacket, she's been secretly visiting the kind of dive bars that attract the worst side of humanity. She has a secret working relationship with an FBI agent who supports her vigilante goal of making a few of the worst and most habitual criminals, murderers and rapists, "disappear" after luring them from the bar and into the depths of a hidden alleyway. She and her agent friend do their homework, and the men she "brings to justice" deserve nothing less, but her vigilante actions would horrify her idealistic parents... if they knew.

She thinks she's following a tradition started by Batman way back in the 20th century, but she's mistaken. She's further across that line than Bruce Wayne ever went.

I'm working on folding Nancy's dark subplot into an upcoming episode. 

Here's Nancy in her dive-bar disguise: 

 

Shadar

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: guimachajo1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
05 Mar 2020 17:58 #67070 by murdough
Replied by murdough on topic Little Krypton

shadar wrote:

guimachajo1 wrote: Please please new chapter please


I take no offense. I can appreciate how hard it is to communicate on this forum if you aren't relatively fluent in English.

As far as stories, I'm working on some new Little Krypton episodes, but given the oldest of my three Labrador Retrievers, and my best buddy for nearly 11 years, is going in for surgery on Thursday for some tumors, I'm unlikely to be writing much the last half of the week. With luck, he should be Ok afterward, but he's getting kind of old and I worry about him. 

I will tease you a little with a picture of Nancy, who is the 4th oldest of Kal and Kara's children at sixteen years. She's always been regarded as bright and hopeful, and very kind.

Alura at the oldest can be tough, and given she carries a lot of her father's muscle, she looks it. She solves most problems by punching them. 

Lara, of course, has most of her older sister's power, but she drives men crazy with both her beauty and this strange aura of attraction that surrounds her. While she's got a good heart, she melted down the UN just from working there as an intern. It's a rare man who can sit in the same room with her without behaving badly.  

Nancy seems more normal and convivial and nice. She's the "sweet one". But she has another side of her that only Lara suspects after Nancy once said that it was good to "unburden the justice system from the most violent criminals who will never be reformed". That's not exactly the Family motto of never deliberately causing a death.

Here's a picture of Nancy. Between her makeup and her outfit, she's successfully trying to look older than her mid-teens, what with a lighter and packet of cigarettes in her jacket pocket. Wearing nothing but a black leather miniskirt and this leather jacket, she's been secretly visiting the kind of dive bars that attract the worst side of humanity. She has a secret working relationship with an FBI agent who supports her vigilante goal of making a few of the worst and most habitual criminals, murderers and rapists, "disappear" after luring them from the bar and into the depths of a hidden alleyway. She and her agent friend do their homework, and the men she "brings to justice" deserve nothing less, but her vigilante actions would horrify her idealistic parents... if they knew.

She thinks she's following a tradition started by Batman way back in the 20th century, but she's mistaken. She's further across that line than Bruce Wayne ever went.

I'm working on folding Nancy's dark subplot into an upcoming episode. 

Here's Nancy in her dive-bar disguise: 

 

Shadar


She also has displayed symptoms of Faora Syndrome ie a desire to hurt and kill men if I recall correctly. That certainly ups the ante in terms of her activities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2020 19:40 #67073 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Little Krypton

murdough wrote:

shadar wrote:

guimachajo1 wrote: Please please new chapter please


I take no offense. I can appreciate how hard it is to communicate on this forum if you aren't relatively fluent in English.

As far as stories, I'm working on some new Little Krypton episodes, but given the oldest of my three Labrador Retrievers, and my best buddy for nearly 11 years, is going in for surgery on Thursday for some tumors, I'm unlikely to be writing much the last half of the week. With luck, he should be Ok afterward, but he's getting kind of old and I worry about him. 

I will tease you a little with a picture of Nancy, who is the 4th oldest of Kal and Kara's children at sixteen years. She's always been regarded as bright and hopeful, and very kind.

Alura at the oldest can be tough, and given she carries a lot of her father's muscle, she looks it. She solves most problems by punching them. 

Lara, of course, has most of her older sister's power, but she drives men crazy with both her beauty and this strange aura of attraction that surrounds her. While she's got a good heart, she melted down the UN just from working there as an intern. It's a rare man who can sit in the same room with her without behaving badly.  

Nancy seems more normal and convivial and nice. She's the "sweet one". But she has another side of her that only Lara suspects after Nancy once said that it was good to "unburden the justice system from the most violent criminals who will never be reformed". That's not exactly the Family motto of never deliberately causing a death.

Here's a picture of Nancy. Between her makeup and her outfit, she's successfully trying to look older than her mid-teens, what with a lighter and packet of cigarettes in her jacket pocket. Wearing nothing but a black leather miniskirt and this leather jacket, she's been secretly visiting the kind of dive bars that attract the worst side of humanity. She has a secret working relationship with an FBI agent who supports her vigilante goal of making a few of the worst and most habitual criminals, murderers and rapists, "disappear" after luring them from the bar and into the depths of a hidden alleyway. She and her agent friend do their homework, and the men she "brings to justice" deserve nothing less, but her vigilante actions would horrify her idealistic parents... if they knew.

She thinks she's following a tradition started by Batman way back in the 20th century, but she's mistaken. She's further across that line than Bruce Wayne ever went.

I'm working on folding Nancy's dark subplot into an upcoming episode. 

Here's Nancy in her dive-bar disguise: 

 

Shadar


She also has displayed symptoms of Faora Syndrome ie a desire to hurt and kill men if I recall correctly. That certainly ups the ante in terms of her activities.


That's right... she's secretly a vigilante, unknown to her parents and siblings (other than Lara and maybe Alura who suspects), but she also enjoys the killing, which is even more of a secret. Even the FBI agent she works with is ignorant of her Faora Syndrome. 

Yet in all other regards, she seems cute, friendly, happy. The girl who brightens every room. Everyone's friend. Her father's joy. 

Or so I'm trying to portray in the episodes I'm working on. Will her dark side every get discovered? I'm not sure yet. 

Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
21 Jun 2020 21:56 #68441 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Little Krypton
Little Krypton, Episode Six is now posted. I plan to also finish at least Episode Seven before considering other work, 

As a Forward, I added a partial synopsis of the story-to-date to touch on some of the key points in the first five episodes that are relevant to this episode. After all, it's been a while since I posted any new episodes to this story.

This story of the huge El family, Kara and Kal El and their twelve children, plus April and Alec and Fyre, is a bigger cast than I usually try to juggle. But it's been fun to write given I grew up in a very large family myself. 

And it has also been fun to explore Dumb Bunny, aka Athena Tremor, who was an actual DC character back when I was in high school. Of course, I had to expand her story a fair bit given she wasn't given much character development back in the days of the Inferior Five and the mid-1960's sensibilities. 

Hope you enjoy...

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Raa, slim36, kshoo, Gargamel, guimachajo1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
22 Jun 2020 05:26 #68446 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Little Krypton
Thank-you as always Shadar.  I enjoyed the rock/canyon battle writing.  Also, thanks for the review at the start - it helped.

Darkside is gross.  I can only handle so much of that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2020 17:30 #68456 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Little Krypton

Random321 wrote: Thank-you as always Shadar.  I enjoyed the rock/canyon battle writing.  Also, thanks for the review at the start - it helped.

Darkside is gross.  I can only handle so much of that.


No sweat on Darkseid, Random... other than the setup at the end of the story, we won't see much if any of him.

But going forward, we will see a lot of Faora (in her disguise) and Athena (who doesn't know that she carries a trigger inside herself that Faora could activate) along with the El Family and Alec and April. 

Faora will be the chief antagonist of the next Episode and maybe beyond. She and Athena will bond, and that means big trouble in Little Krypton. 

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds