Amount

Ask a Supergirl

12 Sep 2012 23:39 - 12 Sep 2012 23:40 #28539 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Ask a Supergirl
Hello, nice to meet you and I, like everyone here I am glad that an actual super woman has dropped by our little corner of the net.

So anyhow I've been thinking of a good question to ask that hasn't been asked or isn't a derivative of a question already asked. So you're patrolling the night fighting crime and helping out your fellow humans. Firstly let me thank you, now I gonna have to play the devil's advocate with my question(s).

There are two separate families were in a car accident and in need of rescue you can only without casualties.

with your powers you can tell one family is well to do, lets think the Huxtable family from the Cosby Show and the other is dirt poor trash, let think of the Hickeys from my name is Earl.

Whom do you help first?
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 23:40 by Grayface.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 02:13 #28541 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

Grayface wrote: Hello, nice to meet you and I, like everyone here I am glad that an actual super woman has dropped by our little corner of the net.

So anyhow I've been thinking of a good question to ask that hasn't been asked or isn't a derivative of a question already asked. So you're patrolling the night fighting crime and helping out your fellow humans. Firstly let me thank you, now I gonna have to play the devil's advocate with my question(s).

There are two separate families were in a car accident and in need of rescue you can only without casualties.

with your powers you can tell one family is well to do, lets think the Huxtable family from the Cosby Show and the other is dirt poor trash, let think of the Hickeys from my name is Earl.

Whom do you help first?


Thanks! I'm pretty glad to be here and I think it's safe to say I made this website my home.

Shit, that is a really tough one. But I think I would probably save the poor family first before I go save the rich family. I value all human life equally, so I would definitely try to save both families. But I would find myself going for the poorer family first.

However, I would probably use my x-ray to assess to see if anyone needs serious medical attention before I go in and rescue them.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
13 Sep 2012 02:44 - 13 Sep 2012 04:27 #28543 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl
UPDATE:

Hey everyone!

I wanna thank everyone for welcoming me here! I think it's safe to say that SuperWomenMania is my home.

I also want to thank everyone for the questions and the advice. And the fact that you guys helped me out with my powers and how to use them is a great plus.

Okay, so thanks to that solar flare, I now have some new powers. Namely telekinesis and as Pansardum suggested, telehypnosis. The first I think it's awesome and pretty handy to have around. The second one, I'm not as enthusiastic about having. But, they are mine and I have to learn how to live with it.

Moving on, I've gotten used to the idea that I never have to set foot in my apartment ever again, and I'm completely okay with this. I've even gotten more comfortable with "airwalking" in heels and in my socks or barefeet so much so that it looks like I'm still walking but people noticed that I have a 'glide' to my step.

As for my money situation, I think I have an idea on how to fix it. And the idea actually came from the 'revised' version of Chronicle that DKC published today.

No, not the robbery spree. I mean getting a job as a waitress.

I think with my powers, it can be a really fun job. I can give people great service, handle large trays with no problem and even do a few parlor tricks for entertainment. Though I hate using my beauty to my advantage, I feel that it would definitely help rake in some big tips. However, I'm not going to use my telehypnosis abilities, I feel that would be cheating and I wouldn't feel comfortable taking advantage of someone against their will.

Hmm, I just came up with something interesting. What if instead of working nearby my university, I work at a diner nearby my mom's house. I can easily put down my mom's address and making it to work won't be a problem at all. Unless there are some potential legal rammifications I'm unaware about, it should work right? Lemme know otherwise.

Hopefully, this extra revenue will help me pay for the outfit I need. Though I'm really torn between two types. One of them is the "Powergirl" type and the other one is a full-on bodysuit. I like them both and they both meet my requirements so I'm not particular with either. Of course, I'll have a mask for either to conceal my identity. Again, lemme know which one you would like better and that'll be the deciding vote for my outfit.

Alright, I'll be looking forward to more questions and I'll probably be posting what's going on in my life every now and then.

Talk to you guys later!

Love,

Camille <3

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?
Last edit: 13 Sep 2012 04:27 by Camille Jones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
13 Sep 2012 02:48 #28544 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote:

Grayface wrote: Hello, nice to meet you and I, like everyone here I am glad that an actual super woman has dropped by our little corner of the net.

So anyhow I've been thinking of a good question to ask that hasn't been asked or isn't a derivative of a question already asked. So you're patrolling the night fighting crime and helping out your fellow humans. Firstly let me thank you, now I gonna have to play the devil's advocate with my question(s).

There are two separate families were in a car accident and in need of rescue you can only without casualties.

with your powers you can tell one family is well to do, lets think the Huxtable family from the Cosby Show and the other is dirt poor trash, let think of the Hickeys from my name is Earl.

Whom do you help first?


Thanks! I'm pretty glad to be here and I think it's safe to say I made this website my home.

Shit, that is a really tough one. But I think I would probably save the poor family first before I go save the rich family. I value all human life equally, so I would definitely try to save both families. But I would find myself going for the poorer family first.

However, I would probably use my x-ray to assess to see if anyone needs serious medical attention before I go in and rescue them.


Why couldn't you just use your telekinetic powers and rescue both families at the same time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 04:22 #28545 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

Captain Marbles wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

Grayface wrote: Hello, nice to meet you and I, like everyone here I am glad that an actual super woman has dropped by our little corner of the net.

So anyhow I've been thinking of a good question to ask that hasn't been asked or isn't a derivative of a question already asked. So you're patrolling the night fighting crime and helping out your fellow humans. Firstly let me thank you, now I gonna have to play the devil's advocate with my question(s).

There are two separate families were in a car accident and in need of rescue you can only without casualties.

with your powers you can tell one family is well to do, lets think the Huxtable family from the Cosby Show and the other is dirt poor trash, let think of the Hickeys from my name is Earl.

Whom do you help first?


Thanks! I'm pretty glad to be here and I think it's safe to say I made this website my home.

Shit, that is a really tough one. But I think I would probably save the poor family first before I go save the rich family. I value all human life equally, so I would definitely try to save both families. But I would find myself going for the poorer family first.

However, I would probably use my x-ray to assess to see if anyone needs serious medical attention before I go in and rescue them.


Why couldn't you just use your telekinetic powers and rescue both families at the same time?


True, but I think that Grayface was trying to gauge my morals as well as to see if I have sympathy for people. Realistically, I would've that but I think he would've called that answer as a cop-out :P.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
13 Sep 2012 06:18 #28546 by italy877
Replied by italy877 on topic Ask a Supergirl
I vote Powergirl style outfit! That way it will distract any bad guys and stop them at there tracks! Think about it, You flying in to save the day, the bad guys just stop what they are doing and before they know whats going on you have them tied up to a lamp post waiting for the police to arrive. I hope that doesnt sound to far fetched but i liked to give it a try. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 09:49 - 13 Sep 2012 09:50 #28549 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Ask a Supergirl

italy877 wrote: I vote Powergirl style outfit! That way it will distract any bad guys and stop them at there tracks! Think about it, You flying in to save the day, the bad guys just stop what they are doing and before they know whats going on you have them tied up to a lamp post waiting for the police to arrive. I hope that doesnt sound to far fetched but i liked to give it a try. :)


Or she could tie them up with the lamp post!

As far as I'm concerned there's no such thing as "too far fetched" when it comes to superwomen!
Last edit: 13 Sep 2012 09:50 by Captain Marbles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 13:46 #28551 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Camille,

On behalf of the US Army, I'd like to extend an invitation to test your...special abilities...with our unit. I am Sergeant First Class White- true story, btw- and I'm the operations sergeant of the 1-112 Cavalry Regiment. With the right phone calls I can provide the hardware to test your abilities and as a 'thank you' I will provide you with the kevlar material to construct your costume. Although, it won't be much, it will be a start.

If you are interested, please email me at jwhite7621@yahoo.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 14:46 - 13 Sep 2012 15:09 #28553 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

jnw550 wrote: Camille,

On behalf of the US Army, I'd like to extend an invitation to test your...special abilities...with our unit. I am Sergeant First Class White- true story, btw- and I'm the operations sergeant of the 1-112 Cavalry Regiment. With the right phone calls I can provide the hardware to test your abilities and as a 'thank you' I will provide you with the kevlar material to construct your costume. Although, it won't be much, it will be a start.

If you are interested, please email me at jwhite7621@yahoo.com.


Thanks Sergeant! And on behalf of myself and the entire United States, thank you for your sacrifice of protecting the things that I love the most.

And I'll be more than happy to accept your offer! I'm going to shoot you an email right now so we can iron out the details and what not.

Well, I guess I'll be able to see just how powerful I am. Or at least get a good gauge at it.

Alright, so I guess that's two for the Powergirl outfit? And yeah I figured handcuffs will be a hassle to carry so I might have to get creative with how I can restrain the bad guys.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?
Last edit: 13 Sep 2012 15:09 by Camille Jones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
13 Sep 2012 15:42 - 13 Sep 2012 15:43 #28554 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote:

jnw550 wrote: Camille,

On behalf of the US Army, I'd like to extend an invitation to test your...special abilities...with our unit. I am Sergeant First Class White- true story, btw- and I'm the operations sergeant of the 1-112 Cavalry Regiment. With the right phone calls I can provide the hardware to test your abilities and as a 'thank you' I will provide you with the kevlar material to construct your costume. Although, it won't be much, it will be a start.

If you are interested, please email me at jwhite7621@yahoo.com.


Thanks Sergeant! And on behalf of myself and the entire United States, thank you for your sacrifice of protecting the things that I love the most.

And I'll be more than happy to accept your offer! I'm going to shoot you an email right now so we can iron out the details and what not.

Well, I guess I'll be able to see just how powerful I am. Or at least get a good gauge at it.

Alright, so I guess that's two for the Powergirl outfit? And yeah I figured handcuffs will be a hassle to carry so I might have to get creative with how I can restrain the bad guys.


I figure using your powers in everyday life would be normal by now...

Power Girl outfit would be great, if we had that much Kevlar material to give you. Like I said, we have a bit, so you might be a bit...exposed?

Testing is laid on for two days from now. Able to secure everything minus nuclear codes. The higher ups are really interested in seeing what you can do.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2012 15:43 by jnw550.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 16:21 #28555 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

jnw550 wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

jnw550 wrote: Camille,

On behalf of the US Army, I'd like to extend an invitation to test your...special abilities...with our unit. I am Sergeant First Class White- true story, btw- and I'm the operations sergeant of the 1-112 Cavalry Regiment. With the right phone calls I can provide the hardware to test your abilities and as a 'thank you' I will provide you with the kevlar material to construct your costume. Although, it won't be much, it will be a start.

If you are interested, please email me at jwhite7621@yahoo.com.


Thanks Sergeant! And on behalf of myself and the entire United States, thank you for your sacrifice of protecting the things that I love the most.

And I'll be more than happy to accept your offer! I'm going to shoot you an email right now so we can iron out the details and what not.

Well, I guess I'll be able to see just how powerful I am. Or at least get a good gauge at it.

Alright, so I guess that's two for the Powergirl outfit? And yeah I figured handcuffs will be a hassle to carry so I might have to get creative with how I can restrain the bad guys.


I figure using your powers in everyday life would be normal by now...

Power Girl outfit would be great, if we had that much Kevlar material to give you. Like I said, we have a bit, so you might be a bit...exposed?

Testing is laid on for two days from now. Able to secure everything minus nuclear codes. The higher ups are really interested in seeing what you can do.


Believe me, I've gotten used to using my powers by now. I think I posted that I can airwalk without anyone even noticing by now. But I'm just curious as to how strong I really am.

Exposed how? I mean I agree that less is more but if I'm gonna be fighting in a few strips of clothes that passes for a bikini then I dunno if that's going to work. Then again, beggars can't be choosers. Alright so I guess the Powergirl outfit it is! I'll just need some socks and shoes to go with it and I'll be set.

Yeah, nuclear tests would probably be dangerous to try. Though I am curious if I can take a nuke with no problem. And since I can absorb radiation, it'll make decontamination much easier and it'll make me that much stronger. Maybe some other time but I can't wait to do the tests. I will post about it a day or two from that so stay tuned!

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
13 Sep 2012 16:31 #28556 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Push comes to shove, you'll be covered, so to speak. The Kevlar material you want is more expensive than you think! Maybe treat is as undergarments?

If you're up to it, after our tests, I can arrange a 'special' nuclear engagement. At least once and small yield at best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 16:47 #28557 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

jnw550 wrote: Push comes to shove, you'll be covered, so to speak. The Kevlar material you want is more expensive than you think! Maybe treat is as undergarments?

If you're up to it, after our tests, I can arrange a 'special' nuclear engagement. At least once and small yield at best.


Yeah, I guess I can do that. I mean it is not for my own safety since I'm sure I can take on bullets. I just don't want to keep on buying clothes after every gunfight.

And yeah sure! I think I can definitely be up for it. Though naturally, even though I can absorb the blast, I still need to shower off the radiation.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
13 Sep 2012 16:49 #28558 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote:

jnw550 wrote: Push comes to shove, you'll be covered, so to speak. The Kevlar material you want is more expensive than you think! Maybe treat is as undergarments?

If you're up to it, after our tests, I can arrange a 'special' nuclear engagement. At least once and small yield at best.


Yeah, I guess I can do that. I mean it is not for my own safety since I'm sure I can take on bullets. I just don't want to keep on buying clothes after every gunfight.

And yeah sure! I think I can definitely be up for it. Though naturally, even though I can absorb the blast, I still need to shower off the radiation.


You sure sound confident. That's good. Your shower off will be somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, unfortunately.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 16:57 #28559 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

jnw550 wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

jnw550 wrote: Push comes to shove, you'll be covered, so to speak. The Kevlar material you want is more expensive than you think! Maybe treat is as undergarments?

If you're up to it, after our tests, I can arrange a 'special' nuclear engagement. At least once and small yield at best.


Yeah, I guess I can do that. I mean it is not for my own safety since I'm sure I can take on bullets. I just don't want to keep on buying clothes after every gunfight.

And yeah sure! I think I can definitely be up for it. Though naturally, even though I can absorb the blast, I still need to shower off the radiation.


You sure sound confident. That's good. Your shower off will be somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, unfortunately.


That's fine by me. I'll probably hit the Pacific then after the blast, then I'll come back to do that show we've been talking about ;)

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
13 Sep 2012 16:58 #28560 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Ask a Supergirl
The soldiers look forward to it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 17:06 #28561 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

jnw550 wrote: The soldiers look forward to it!


So am I! Nothing wrong with a little morale boost here and there.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
13 Sep 2012 22:48 #28569 by paulsamiga
Replied by paulsamiga on topic Ask a Supergirl
Nice to see the army is taking an Interest. Now we'll get to see your super strength and invulnerability in action Camille.

Hope to see plenty of this:



Followed by:



And maybe:



And most importantly... HAVE FUN GIRL!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2012 04:40 #28573 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

paulsamiga wrote: Nice to see the army is taking an Interest. Now we'll get to see your super strength and invulnerability in action Camille.

Hope to see plenty of this:



Followed by:



And maybe:



And most importantly... HAVE FUN GIRL!!!


Mmmm, thanks! I'm actually really excited about this! Like this is the first time I can cut loose and not hold back for once! Besides, it's for science, I can't deny them that.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
14 Sep 2012 06:24 #28578 by italy877
Replied by italy877 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Hi Camille! So im curious, will you be wearing your costume when you officially try out your new powers, my guess too hide your identity?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2012 06:30 #28579 by italy877
Replied by italy877 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Will it look something like this?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2012 14:17 #28586 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

italy877 wrote: Hi Camille! So im curious, will you be wearing your costume when you officially try out your new powers, my guess too hide your identity?


Well, I won't have my costume yet until I get there and only after I completed the tests. As for my identity, I already talked to Sgt.JW about it and he's gonna make sure that my privacy will be upheld.

italy877 wrote: Will it look something like this?


Yes, though I think it might be sleeveless, I'm not too sure on that yet.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
14 Sep 2012 15:31 #28587 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote:

italy877 wrote: Hi Camille! So im curious, will you be wearing your costume when you officially try out your new powers, my guess too hide your identity?


Well, I won't have my costume yet until I get there and only after I completed the tests. As for my identity, I already talked to Sgt.JW about it and he's gonna make sure that my privacy will be upheld.


This might be a little more challenging than you think. I'd better train a little with your hypnosis power, just in case (and possibly write a little report about how the training goes).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2012 17:30 #28588 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

Anon wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

italy877 wrote: Hi Camille! So im curious, will you be wearing your costume when you officially try out your new powers, my guess too hide your identity?


Well, I won't have my costume yet until I get there and only after I completed the tests. As for my identity, I already talked to Sgt.JW about it and he's gonna make sure that my privacy will be upheld.


This might be a little more challenging than you think. I'd better train a little with your hypnosis power, just in case (and possibly write a little report about how the training goes).


I agree with you. However since they are going to be recording data, that means I'm going to have to destroy that as well and that'll be left with too many questions. Also, I did find out that people with a higher degree of intelligence are more resistant to it. Of course, I can just pour it on more but if I accidentally get a common soldier caught in my gaze while I'm trying to hypnotize a scientist, well I'm just afraid of the consequences.

I'm going to have to trust the U.S Army and ensure that it only stays in between us. But I'm going to pocket my hypnosis as a last-ditch effort.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
14 Sep 2012 18:37 #28589 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote:

Anon wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

italy877 wrote: Hi Camille! So im curious, will you be wearing your costume when you officially try out your new powers, my guess too hide your identity?


Well, I won't have my costume yet until I get there and only after I completed the tests. As for my identity, I already talked to Sgt.JW about it and he's gonna make sure that my privacy will be upheld.


This might be a little more challenging than you think. I'd better train a little with your hypnosis power, just in case (and possibly write a little report about how the training goes).


I agree with you. However since they are going to be recording data, that means I'm going to have to destroy that as well and that'll be left with too many questions. Also, I did find out that people with a higher degree of intelligence are more resistant to it. Of course, I can just pour it on more but if I accidentally get a common soldier caught in my gaze while I'm trying to hypnotize a scientist, well I'm just afraid of the consequences.

I'm going to have to trust the U.S Army and ensure that it only stays in between us. But I'm going to pocket my hypnosis as a last-ditch effort.


Fine, it will be tricky. But this worries are just one more reason to get this power under full control as soon as possible, which means training.
Also maybe you don0t have to completly delete the memories of those soldiers, but simply put some kind of mental block to prevent them from talking about the whole deal in the open. It will probably require more finesse, but less effort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds