Amount

super-human amazons vs Special Forces

01 Mar 2013 17:50 #30611 by giralfie
super-human amazons vs Special Forces was created by giralfie
Hi! Many of you know Dusty Bottums fiction, "The Siege". I love it. I'm thinking to a sort of "prologue": a long secret underground war between USA and Amazons. This would be a "war on terror" before the invasion told by Dusty. This war takes place between 1993 and 2003: the cold war is over and the old world balance is shattered, so amazons have to fight against the only one human super-power. Amazons commandos deliver several raids against USA, plenty of civilians get horribly killed. A special task force, made up by DELTA and DEVGRU operators, begins the hunt. Many fights to follow. I'd like write this story, but I need first of all the blessing of Dusty. I got a lot of ideas about the story, but they are nothing more than single scenes, I can't begin to write just now. As you surely noticed, English is not my language and I'm not so much good at it yet. I know that Dusty love reading stories about mankillers universe and my idea would be a sort of tribute for Dusty. I hope someone is seriously interested in my project.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• giralfie
  • giralfie's Avatar Topic Author
More
01 Mar 2013 18:09 #30612 by fats
Replied by fats on topic super-human amazons vs Special Forces
i like the idea, you should go with it.

fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: giralfie

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Mar 2013 18:37 #30613 by yaracyrrah
Replied by yaracyrrah on topic super-human amazons vs Special Forces
It's a great idea. Your English is fine, when you have time.

More
13 Mar 2013 19:37 #30742 by DustyBottums
Replied by DustyBottums on topic super-human amazons vs Special Forces
Hi there,

Wow -- thanks, I'm honored. I'm glad you like The Siege enough to tackle a related story! (sorry for the delay in the next chpater, by the way. Life has interrupted my progress. But it IS coming, and the readers following the story will be happy to know the next installment is very, VERY long. I'll make it worth the wait.)

I'm totally open to you (or anyone) adding their 2 cents to the TS's world. All I ask is that you make it fit, continuity-wise. That is, in the The Siege, it's apparent that the existence of Amazons comes as a surprise to the world....so, whatever happens in your story, it should end with the world staying pretty much in the dark about the existence of the 'Zons, etc.

It's going to be tricky crafting a prologue while the main story is still being written, but you're welcome to try, my friend!

Other than that, you pretty much have free reign. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing what you (or anyone else who cares to take one of my old 'mankiller' characters out for a test drive) can come up with. Cheers!

-D

More
13 Mar 2013 22:54 #30746 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic super-human amazons vs Special Forces
I like the idea too. I think maybe you should write it in your own language and maybe someone can translate?

More
14 Mar 2013 08:07 #30749 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic super-human amazons vs Special Forces

bionicskillz wrote: I like the idea too. I think maybe you should write it in your own language and maybe someone can translate?

I agree with Bionic onff might be a good idea. this, after all we already have stories in French, so getting more international stuff isn't out of question.

More
14 Mar 2013 17:43 #30758 by giralfie
Replied by giralfie on topic super-human amazons vs Special Forces
Hi there

well, I'm Italian and my original story would be written in italian. I like to write it straight in english but at this moment I'm not ready to that, sorry. Anyway, I know who can translate it, that's the least of my problems. Dusty's points are correct. Indeed, I changed my mind about timespan of my amazons' fiction.
My story begins when amazons launch the "terroristic phase". A lot of strange bloody attacks against civilians etc..That calls a predictable counter-terrorism reaction, because, quite obviously, no one would be so crazy to destroy hundreds of cities and lives to defeat a bunch of beautiful, fit, yet dangerous women. Bad mistake though.... The tale is intertwined by life of the narrator, involved in these extraordinary events. the chronicle is flanked by his diary's pages. I feel it's better discuss some specific aspects of my story with dusty in order to dodge potential conflicts between our works. My intention actually is to enrich the awesome job of dusty, not to contradict or to pretend to make things better than him. It won't be a prologue, but a spin-off. I warn you my story is sick. a lot of violence and gore

• giralfie
  • giralfie's Avatar Topic Author
More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds