Amount

Upcoming Ubergirl Stuff from DC

17 Aug 2008 18:42 #13337 by argonaut
Upcoming Ubergirl Stuff from DC was created by argonaut
While waiting for the Sox game to get under way, I thought I'd post a few news items culled from recent issues of Comic Shop News. You can probably find more information on these from DC's website or other on-line sources:

1. A "new direction" for Supergirl starting with issue #34 of her series. This is, what, the fourth or fifth new direction the series has taken since issue #1? Don't get too attached to any creative team on this book -- it'll be replaced after a few issues.

2. Another Supergirl series is in the works. Before anyone gets excited -- it's for younger readers, it's drawn in a cartoony style, it features a pre-adolescent Supergirl, and it's called "Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the Eighth Grade." (Sadly, it'll probably be better written than Supergirl's regular title.)

3. An ongoing Power Girl series. Amanda Conner will be the artist. Let's hope it'll be better than Supergirl's train-wreck of a comic ...

4. My favorite non-uber heroine, Zatanna, will also be getting her own series. Paul Dini will be writing it. He's used her a guest star in Detective -- and handled her well, I think -- so I'm actually holding out some hope for this one.

5. Apparently a "Superwoman" will be appearing in the Superman titles sometime in the near future. Keep watching.

6. In a possibly related item: Superman will be rescuing the shrunken Kryptonian city Kandor from Brainiac and enlarging it on Earth -- thereby turning thousands of super-powered Kandorians loose on our planet. Since half of them will presumably be female, this may be a story-line worth watching.

Beckett just struck out the first batter for Toronto. Later --

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• argonaut
  • argonaut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
17 Aug 2008 20:44 #13339 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Upcoming Ubergirl Stuff from DC
Nice summary.

Interested in the Power Girl series, Zatanna, and hundreds of Ubergirls loose on the planet!

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
18 Aug 2008 22:03 #13353 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Upcoming Ubergirl Stuff from DC
I actually felt that the last one or two SG books were a step up on the story, character, and action. Even the art was good. Ties in with the shadar threat about how she should be drawn.

Final Crisis however ~ grr ~ she's on the cover and in the book for two panels. :x

More
19 Aug 2008 11:56 #13359 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Upcoming Ubergirl Stuff from DC

Final Crisis however ~ grr ~ she's on the cover and in the book for two panels. :x

Apparently she shares your opinion, Random -- notice how she seems to be sticking her finger down her throat in the "gage me!" gesture ...

www.comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=528857&zoom=4

Of course, another explanation might be that she binges and purges -- which would explain all those extra notches on her belt ...

• argonaut
  • argonaut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds