Amount

Villainesses

01 Mar 2010 15:46 #18368 by inactive
Villainesses was created by inactive
I just thought I would post some of my early villainess crushes. Three from D.C. comics.

1) The original Silver Swan.

A statuesque blonde, who is super-strong, able to fly, can project a devastating sonic scream, and scrambles the brains of any heterosexual men she comes in contact with. Given super-powers in return for killing Wonder Woman, which she fails to do and therefore loses her powers.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

One of my early supervillain "creations" for the old Champions RPG was a pallette swap of Silver Swan called "Red Raven". Her origin was the same except that she is tasked with killing a male superhero, which she succeeds in doing.

2) Emerald Empress

There have been a number of different versions of the Emerald Empress, a foe of the Legion of Superheroes, but her imperious attitude usually remains. Her emerald eye gives her enough power to take down Superboy, although she lacks powers of her own, alas.

My version of the Emerald Empress would be near-Kryptonian in strength and invulnerability, which would prove to be a nasty surprise when a hero has used the last of his strength to overcome the emerald eye, only to find that the Empress is far from helpless without it.

3. Zaora

One of the villains from the "pocket universe" that birthed the Matrix version of Supergirl. She is the equivalent of Ursa from Superman 2. Unfortunately, she is only glimpsed in the "pocket universe" saga and dies at the end, but she made an impression for some reason.

In my "imaginary story" version, she escapes death and finds her way to the regular DC universe, where she proves to be unstoppable.

The only Marvel contemporary villainess I can remember liking is The Enchantress, who was always a little too passive for my tastes, preferring to let her enchanted dupes do the fighting. Of course, Marvel did provide one of my early superheroine crushes in the form of the magnificent Valkyrie... But that's another post.

- GeekSeven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• inactive
  • inactive's Avatar Topic Author
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
02 Mar 2010 00:42 #18378 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Villainesses
I think Ursa made an impression on you in that comic because it was drawn by John Byrne one of the best renderer's of females in comics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds