Amount

Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....

11 Feb 2012 02:09 #26175 by lfan
.....PG's cleavage, as indicated in this cover to World's Finest #1 :(

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 Feb 2012 03:27 #26177 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Re: Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

More
11 Feb 2012 14:04 #26179 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Re: Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....
That costume is so bad.

More
11 Feb 2012 15:31 #26180 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....

ChaozCloud wrote: That costume is so bad.

I half agree, the costume in pretty bad, but I think it's perfectly in line with the new direction taken by the DC comics.
Anyway I want to see the finished product before judgeing its quality.

More
12 Feb 2012 01:34 #26181 by djitters19
Replied by djitters19 on topic Re: Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....
To hell with DC comics!

More
12 Feb 2012 03:03 #26182 by sgfan05
Replied by sgfan05 on topic Re: Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....
If memory serves, they tried this before, didn't take. Personally I actually don't mind this new costume that much as long as they treat the character decently.

More
12 Feb 2012 07:57 #26183 by deathgeonous
Replied by deathgeonous on topic Re: Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....
Ok, I've been up way too long and I still can't sleep, so maybe I'm a tad slap happy right now, but... is it me, or are Power Girl's breasts and or cleavage doomed to always be a joke? I mean, we have them huge and exposed, joke time. We now have them semi-normal sized, (Going by the size in the picture at the start of this topic)and covered up, bitch time which will inevitably lead its self to joke time. They'll always be a joke then, right? Just my two cents, which probably aren't even worth that much right now, seeing as I haven't slept in over 36 or so hours.

More
12 Feb 2012 15:33 #26185 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....

sgfan05 wrote: If memory serves, they tried this before, didn't take. Personally I actually don't mind this new costume that much as long as they treat the character decently.

Yes, they did during the whole Justice League International affair, it didn't help that the costume was positivly atrocious.

This image is hidden for guests.

deathgeonous wrote: Ok, I've been up way too long and I still can't sleep, so maybe I'm a tad slap happy right now, but... is it me, or are Power Girl's breasts and or cleavage doomed to always be a joke? I mean, we have them huge and exposed, joke time. We now have them semi-normal sized, (Going by the size in the picture at the start of this topic)and covered up, bitch time which will inevitably lead its self to joke time. They'll always be a joke then, right? Just my two cents, which probably aren't even worth that much right now, seeing as I haven't slept in over 36 or so hours.

PG's breasts have been a joke for so long that a lot of authors have found a way to incorporate the joke into the stories. Case in point, in the first issues of her personal serie by the Palmiotti/Gray/Conner team, PG stated that she didn't wear much of a disguise in her civilian identity because people rarely look at her in the face.
About the new look I have two little notes: first, the image above is by George Perez, one of the few artist in comic book industry that tend to draw semi-realistic body types instead of some kind of estrogen nightmare; second the DC is about to relauch the a new Earth-2 continuity and I have the vague suspect that this PG is actually meant to be once again Earth-2 Supergirl so a full restyle might be appropriate.

Aside from that I think there's only one more thing to say.

More
12 Feb 2012 19:50 #26189 by deathgeonous
Replied by deathgeonous on topic Re: Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....
I agree with above picture.

More
12 Feb 2012 21:22 #26190 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Re: Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....
I actually don't hate the new costume. It doesn't have all the little fiddly bits that messed up the new Supergirl costume. Of course, it's not and never will be, iconic in the way that PG's original is.

- GeekSeven

More
13 Feb 2012 05:49 #26191 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....
I also prefer boobs. But having said that, I think the stylized "P" in the same vein as the Superman shield is a good logo for her.

More
14 Feb 2012 15:18 #26209 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Re: Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
14 Feb 2012 22:00 #26215 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Another DC Reboot Casualty is.....
Never been a big PG person myself. Not a hater - just indifferent because while I liked the different attitude/demeanor they tried to give her I never thought they pulled it off well in a story consistently.

I agree the logo is clever. The boots and arm bands look a little tacky and I’d worry how a rushed or lesser artist would render them in the book. I do prefer the other costume – and I’m not a chest guy.

Question: Does SG’s costume in the background look different too?

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds