Amount

Power girl's costume is back!

10 Feb 2013 15:35 - 10 Feb 2013 18:05 #30369 by lfan
Power girl's costume is back! was created by lfan
If you believe the cover to DC's May solicitations, it looks like PG gets her classic, white "boob window" costume back! Woohoo!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Also, from the covers it looks like PG gets some good airtime in May's Supergirl comic as the "new Girl of Steel"?!?!

ElF
Last edit: 10 Feb 2013 18:05 by lfan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, sgfan05, kshoo, HeroineFX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 Feb 2013 19:18 #30370 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Power girl's costume is back!
Great news... I have to say, that even with her current costume (which is always getting blasted off her), I'm enjoying the new Worlds' Finest book. PG is seriously kicking butt (and getting seriously blasted by some truly awesome ordnance) in most every issue. This is Kryptonian power a a level we've never seen from Supergirl. And unlike her, PG's costumes are locally made and not up to the task.

She's also sexy and powerful and promiscuous in her Karen Starr identity, an enormously wealthy businesswoman in the high tech field who is using her wealth in an attempt to build a machine that will get her and the Huntress back to their correct version of Earth. She sometimes hires hot-looking men just because they're cute, and then dates them...kind of a reverse sexism. I'm not sure wha the term is for a female "womanizer", but she's just that.

While that pushes the boundaries a bit, it is consistent with her kick-ass, confident and sexy vibe. She really likes men (unlike the old PG) and being Kryptonian, she suffers no consequences from having a lot of men in her life.

In ne scene, where her costume (uniform) gets blown off yet again, and she heads off to presumably change into something that's not melted from a nuclear blast while on her way to play with one of her new boy toys, her friend the Huntress questions her lifestyle choices. Karen's answer is that "I'm just a physical kind of girl". She surely is.

The one thing that I'm having trouble with is that she's on our Earth with both Superman and Supergirl, who she avoids. The fact that they haven't come looking for her (when she's a very public personality) is the one major flaw in the plot. She flaunts both herself and her powers in public, both as PG and Karen Starr, and has for years now, and she's never met the other two Kryptonians? Nonsense.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, kshoo, Ravens_ghost

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
13 Feb 2013 12:22 #30381 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Power girl's costume is back!
F**k Yeah :laugh: :woohoo: About time!

The Costume IS part of the character, it takes a really powerfull woman to dress like that

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
13 Feb 2013 12:35 #30382 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Power girl's costume is back!
A little mix and match costume I found on DA.

I think that the artist had the right idea to strike a balance between the old and new look.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost

More
13 Feb 2013 20:22 #30385 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Power girl's costume is back!

lfan wrote: Also, from the covers it looks like PG gets some good airtime in May's Supergirl comic as the "new Girl of Steel"?!?!

Eh - great for the PG fans – but can DC please treat SG and SM with a little more respect. My S.O. also snickered at me over the SG 20 cover "breast bump." I feel like a broken record – but I’m tired of the SG gone mad – or SG dead teases – and so-so stories.

I think I’ll have to vote with my $ and go get the Adventures of Superman digital comic by OSC to see if they can screw up “classic” as well.

Hate the hair - but like the rune shape of the "window" on Anon's example picture. I like the text on the cape too. Good stuff.

More
14 Feb 2013 07:39 #30392 by kshoo
Replied by kshoo on topic Power girl's costume is back!
Another picture to add to the mix...

The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

More
14 Feb 2013 14:17 #30397 by shadar
This image actually makes sense, given Karen was the Supergirl of her version of Earth before she was sucked through a boom tube into the alternate Earth she's on now. She's simply gone back to her original costume.

Of course, this mixes up the mythos in strange ways, but that's what the N52 stuff is all about, for better or worse. Stirring the pot.

Now Karen's a mature and very powerful Supergirl fighting alongside a young, inexperienced and not as powerful girl who is still struggling to figure out what it means to have her growing up aborted and then dumped on this very strange and violent Earth. Must be some battle.

I will say that this art work is outstanding. Whoever the artist is, he truly "gets" the characters. Like the slight differences in the way the capes attach (which has always been a source of entertainment in SG costumes -- count the ways sometime).

Shadar

• shadar
More
14 Feb 2013 14:42 #30398 by shadar
Since I can never leave anything alone, here's a cropped and slightly tweaked version of that image:

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: kshoo

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds