Amount

World's Finest #26

20 May 2014 04:38 #36510 by lfan
World's Finest #26 was created by lfan
New solicitation (Aug) is out, and it will be the Final Issue! Fuck! Finally a great girl-power comic and it gets cancelled --- probably to make room for 3 more Batman titles......

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 May 2014 05:06 #36511 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic World's Finest #26
False alarm, but it wasn't my fault!

Per BleedingCool.com:

"One book that is not slated to end that month is “World’s Finest”: Issue #26 of that series was listed as a “final issue” in the solicitation text sent to press and has appeared as such in other outlets, but DC Comics confirmed to CBR News that designation was in error, and the title is not ending. DC declined further comment on the six books ending in August."

Yay!

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 May 2014 15:49 #36515 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic World's Finest #26
Good news... This is the best comic now being published, IMHO.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
20 May 2014 16:02 #36516 by castor
Replied by castor on topic World's Finest #26
However It looks like they are Canceling Birds of Prey---a book i always felt i should like more then i did. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Castor

More
20 May 2014 18:44 #36518 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic World's Finest #26

castor wrote: However It looks like they are Canceling Birds of Prey---a book i always felt i should like more then i did. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Castor

BoP is a book that, in my opinion, tried to live too much on the hype of its predecessor. What made the old BoP great in my opinion was the chemistry between Oracle, Canary and Huntress. Three very different character, who nonetheless shared certain traits, that helped each other but, at the same time, hindered each other. As the book changed over the years some of that chemistry remained and evolved, giving the Birds a very defined foundation.
The New 52 BoP had nothing of that. From issue one, what we had were a bunch of characters thrown together for no real reason and there was no real chemistry between them, no real bonding, just random bits of superheroing. Some issues were better than others, but the title lacked quality character interaction until recently, which seem to be too little and too late.

More
20 May 2014 19:16 - 20 May 2014 19:33 #36519 by castor
Replied by castor on topic World's Finest #26

Woodclaw wrote: BoP is a book that, in my opinion, tried to live too much on the hype of its predecessor. What made the old BoP great in my opinion was the chemistry between Oracle, Canary and Huntress. Three very different character, who nonetheless shared certain traits, that helped each other but, at the same time, hindered each other. As the book changed over the years some of that chemistry remained and evolved, giving the Birds a very defined foundation.
The New 52 BoP had nothing of that. From issue one, what we had were a bunch of characters thrown together for no real reason and there was no real chemistry between them, no real bonding, just random bits of superheroing. Some issues were better than others, but the title lacked quality character interaction until recently, which seem to be too little and too late.

Good way of putting it. I wasn't a gigantic fan of the original, but i could see its appeal a way of looking at it was that Gail Simone Comic, who is certainly one of the best interaction writers out there. Once she left it....The new also has the general 52 problem of being a little obsessed with making everyone incredible badasses which is tricky to do in terms of interaction stories. Marys sues togethers...
Last edit: 20 May 2014 19:33 by Woodclaw.

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds