Amount

Strong Female Protagonist Book 2 Kickstarter

12 May 2017 12:57 #54062 by TwiceOnThursdays
Strong Female Protagonist Book 2 Kickstarter was created by TwiceOnThursdays
Yeah, that's actually the name. ;-)

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1009893331/...-two?ref=hero_thanks

You can get the PDF for book one as one of the benefits.

I had just seen my copy of book one and was wondering if there were more when I went to kickstarter to support a Bill Mantlo graphic novel. It also might be of some interest to people here: www.kickstarter.com/projects/dynamiteent...washbu?ref=user_menu). I had a GN of this back in the day IIRC, it's an easy sell. Mantlo is the creator of Rocket Racoon, among other things, just that's relevant with the GoTG movie out.

But, low and behold, Kickstarter wisely showed me Strong Female Protagonist as a next project to back.

SFP is an interesting comic about a strong young woman (naturally). But it's also a reflection on what one should do with power (she gives up being a hero to go to school so she can learn how to really change the world). That doesn't mean there isn't plenty of strong female action in it! There's a few other cool female characters in the book too. Funny in spots, philosophical in others. There's a background conspiracy running and a question of "is the bad guy really the bad guy". I had a fun time reading Book 1 enough so that supporting Book 2 is automatic for me. I think it was mentioned here and it's how I found it ... so I'm passing it along to anyone else who wants to give it a try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, LustMonster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • TwiceOnThursdays's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
12 May 2017 13:52 #54063 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic Strong Female Protagonist Book 2 Kickstarter
Sweet! I didn't even know this existed. Just backed it.

More
13 May 2017 14:11 #54081 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Strong Female Protagonist Book 2 Kickstarter
I have an alternative viewpoint. I lost interest in following the comic on their website. It's certainly not meant to be your standard action tale, but there's a limit to how much I can watch characters standing around talking about their feelings. Page after page can go by without even referencing superpowers, much less showing them. It's an interesting premise, and there is a lot to admire in the artwork and character development. I just wanted it to be a little more super.

Still, you can see for yourself. The website has about 150 pages of the story so far.
strongfemaleprotagonist.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slim0926, TwiceOnThursdays

More
13 May 2017 17:27 #54083 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Strong Female Protagonist Book 2 Kickstarter

www1969 wrote: I have an alternative viewpoint. I lost interest in following the comic on their website. It's certainly not meant to be your standard action tale, but there's a limit to how much I can watch characters standing around talking about their feelings. Page after page can go by without even referencing superpowers, much less showing them. It's an interesting premise, and there is a lot to admire in the artwork and character development. I just wanted it to be a little more super.

Still, you can see for yourself. The website has about 150 pages of the story so far.
strongfemaleprotagonist.com/

I think the story works better in long form. The site does have 150 pages, but the click/delay of the pages slows things down. I liked the GN a lot more than the online comic even though it was the exact same thing. coukd be just me, but the zero delay helped. Some web comics really fit the page at a time, Giants in the Playgroun/order of the stickd really works well that way.

But your comment will be spot on for some, it mostly worked for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, www1969

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • TwiceOnThursdays's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 Jun 2017 04:01 #54634 by shevek
I read through almost all of this online. I'm kind of sorry I did. I really wanted to like a book with that title. But like a previous poster said, there was mostly a whole lot of millennial agonizing over feelings and not a lot of superheroing. My favorite character was actually the Southern white-trash girl with the feral animal powers (I think her name was Feral?). She was a bit like Rogue, and I'd rather see her adventures continue than those of the boring SJW First World Problems girl this book stars. Otherwise than that, I'd rather read Empowered.:) Also that new Heroines series by Ted Naifeh looks like it could be good and not as SJW-ish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
07 Jul 2017 13:24 #55162 by slim36
strongfemaleprotagonist.com/cast/
A web comic About
SFP follows the adventures of a young middle-class American with super-strength, invincibility and a crippling sense of social injustice.

More
07 Jul 2017 18:55 #55165 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Strong Female Protagonist Book 2 Kickstarter

slim36 wrote: strongfemaleprotagonist.com/cast/
A web comic About
SFP follows the adventures of a young middle-class American with super-strength, invincibility and a crippling sense of social injustice.

Merged with the existing thread.

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds