Amount

Ubergirl comics for sale!

06 Sep 2019 16:59 #64909 by lfan
Ubergirl comics for sale! was created by lfan
Sad as this makes me, I'm in the middle of a big downsizing and that means paring down my comic book collection of about 10-12K books.  What makes my collection rather unique is that it focuses QUITE heavily on ubergirls and SWM-related characters.  That being said, I thought I'd throw it out to everyone if anyone is interested in ANY ubergirl comic or series, chances are I have it (and probably willing to sell it).

Major publishers, indy's, 1st appearances, cameos, imaginary stories, power transfers......if it features a superstrong female, there is a good chance I have it!

Collection includes:
-- Full or nearly full runs of mainstream heroines like She-Hulk, Powergirl, Supergirl, Wonder Woman
-- Lesser known and indy series featuring ubergirls like Femforce, Hero Alliance, Sinnamon, Fatale, Gen 13, Glory, Hericane (Penthouse Comix)
-- Hard-to-find heroines/books like Titaness, Halle the Hooters Girl, Ultragirl, Chix, Flaxen, Fly, Heroines Inc
-- What If and imaginary stories featuring Lois Lane with powers and others
-- and tons more!

My collection is kinda unsorted but I will say almost every 80s and above book is VF+/NM and bagged unless I say otherwise.  Of course, the silver and bronze age issues usually are not in as great condition but still VG.

Of course, I have TONS of mainstream stuff as well......Titans, Legion of Superheroes, Superman, Action Comics, Spiderman, Xmen, Fantastic Four, etc so if you are in the need of back issues, just email me at larafan22@yahoo.com.  I have several expensive and key issues (e.g. 1st Carnage, 1st Domino, Harbinger #1, She-Hulk #1, Marvel Spotlight #32, Secret Wars #8, etc), which some are slabbed and officially graded.  Looking for something, just ask!

Rather than soak up the forum's time and bumping the thread with responses, please just email and we can discuss offline.  While I'm not willing to "give" items away, I will be happy to give anyone a special SWM discount!

Any and all transactions will be discreet

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost, Agent00Soul, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Sep 2019 18:19 #64910 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Ubergirl comics for sale!
Thanks lfan, sorry to hear. I lost quite a few comics from that era over the years. The GEN-13 comic looks interesting (Caitlin - WOW!) I also had an edition of Supergirl that was unfortunately lost over time. She was carrying a car (Lex's?) with one hand over her head on the cover, I may be interested in that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
06 Sep 2019 20:17 #64912 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Ubergirl comics for sale!
Damn thats quite a collection, nice :)

Unfortunately I got out of the comic book game a while ago, only kept some treasured indie publications.

Hope you find a good home for them :)

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
07 Sep 2019 21:27 #64924 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Ubergirl comics for sale!
That’s funny that you are getting rid of your comics, because I started doing that with mine as well 2 weeks ago. I am not going to get rid of my Silver Age stuff or Mary Marvels from the 40’s, but I think the first to go will be my powers collection along with Invincible.  I think I will probably ditch my Mary marvel stuff from I think the Nineties. I have some of the newer Supergirl stuff that I do not really care for.  Most of my stuff is pretty good, but it was never bagged and boarded.  I need to get it out of the house, but I don’t want it ending up in a dumpster. 

More
07 Sep 2019 22:18 #64925 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Ubergirl comics for sale!
I've been considering the same thing. I've got multipe tall file cabinets full of old comics, but none of them are bagged or anything. A reading collection, not a trading collection. 

I've got lots of room now in my house, but I'm old enough that I've gotta think ten years down the road. My overly large house and property requires a lot of time to keep up. Unlikely I'll want to be doing that when I'm 80+. 

As long as I've got my three rambunctious Labrador Retrievers, I'm not moving, but after they are gone, I might change my living arrangements. And my dogs are getting old too. 

As important as my comic book collection was for several decades, I never look at it now. I bought the handful of comics I still like reading in digital form and my iPad is fine for reading. Zooming in is a thing when your eyes get old. 

They call this Swedish Death Cleaning, or döstädning, which is an absolutely horrible name for the act of decluttering, organizing and simpifying your possessions as your lifestyle changes and simplifies. Not just to unburden your descendents, but so you can live more easily, simply and in less pace. Some day I won't have spare rooms full of junk that I can't bear to get rid of, but will never use again. 

My problem, unlike Lfans, is that my collection isn't organized and its not bagged or properly preserved, and its mostly 70's and 80's stuff. So it's not worth much. But the thought of all those comics going to the recycler or shredded is painful to consider. I inquired about giving them to a local charity who could hopefully make a few bucks on them, but none of them wanted such things. Nor do my kids. 

Given you have a more proper collection, Lfan, hopefully you'll find a collector who wants to buy them. 

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
08 Sep 2019 02:48 #64926 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Ubergirl comics for sale!
I have 11 long boxes full of 80, 90 and 2000.  When you have over $150 a week habit, you have to stop.  

I have also been thinking about putting them up for sale.

More
08 Sep 2019 03:28 #64927 by ace191
In my case, I don’t think that what I have is of much worth.  I am just interested in sending it to someone who will enjoy it and keep it out of the dumpster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, Raa

More
08 Sep 2019 05:49 #64929 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Ubergirl comics for sale!
So apparently, I'm the only one around here adding to my collection. But not by much. I quit collecting comics regularly around 20 years ago. A few months ago, I decided to go back and reread the old collection. But I'm not buying any newer stuff - just filling in occasional gaps in my old collection here and there. I already emailed LFan about the issues from George Perez's Wonder Woman run that I'm missing.

Actually, I've been thinking of checking out some Supergirl comics. The only version I ever read was the non-Kryptonian post-Crisis "Matrix" version, who had a great series written by Peter David in the mid-late 90s. I'm not sure if I'd like the newer revivals of the character, as newer comics just seem darker to me, and that doesn't seem like a good fit for Supergirl. So I was thinking of maybe looking into some of her pre-Crisis comics from the 70s and 80s. I don't want to go too far back, as I'm not a fan of the goofier Silver Age stuff. Any recommendations?

More
08 Sep 2019 19:12 #64948 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Ubergirl comics for sale!
I am close to what you have.  Mostly ubergirl goodness.  I have room.  Pull out maybe ten a year and review.  Internet/PDF/cheap digital storage have taken over.  I support a few KickStarters now and then.  

Took a long box of comic coded stuff to local comic shop.  Wouldn't touch it.  ebay cost me more to ship than the bid got up to in ten issue randomish lots.  

When I hit a certain age they will go into recycle bin.  Sad but it has and will be fun days ahead.  

Don't even get me going about selling my almost pristine pool table.  Paid $2K around 10 years back.  Hard to give it away.  3 piece slate ends up costing whoever buys it $500 just to level and put on new felt.  Making way for D&D gaming table.  Back into playing that with a diverse age and M/F group.  Having a blast.  Just got Fireball spell so wreaking havoc.  Should have played a half elf female wizard.  Flight, fireball, shocking grasp.... but I don't want to get TOO excited playing.  

• Sarge395
More
08 Sep 2019 19:33 #64950 by shadar

Sarge395 wrote: I am close to what you have.  Mostly ubergirl goodness.  I have room.  Pull out maybe ten a year and review.  Internet/PDF/cheap digital storage have taken over.  I support a few KickStarters now and then.  

Took a long box of comic coded stuff to local comic shop.  Wouldn't touch it.  ebay cost me more to ship than the bid got up to in ten issue randomish lots.  

When I hit a certain age they will go into recycle bin.  Sad but it has and will be fun days ahead.  

Don't even get me going about selling my almost pristine pool table.  Paid $2K around 10 years back.  Hard to give it away.  3 piece slate ends up costing whoever buys it $500 just to level and put on new felt.  Making way for D&D gaming table.  Back into playing that with a diverse age and M/F group.  Having a blast.  Just got Fireball spell so wreaking havoc.  Should have played a half elf female wizard.  Flight, fireball, shocking grasp.... but I don't want to get TOO excited playing.  

It hurts me to think that my collection is likely to end up, like yours, in the recycle bin someday. But that's almost guaranteed. Classic cars might be worth big bucks, but classic comics -- definitely NOT. And as far as the cars go, once we Boomers are gone, those currently megaexpensive 50's and 60's classic cars are likely to end up in a junk yard and recycled for their base metals. 

Don't expect Millennials and those who follow them to be paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy the cars their grandparents and great-grandparents drove. They'll be lucky enough to have personal automobiles of any kind in twenty years. 

The point is that things change, and what people are willing to spend money to collect changes the fastest. 

Shadar

• shadar
More
08 Sep 2019 20:02 #64952 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Ubergirl comics for sale!
I'm still collecting/growing.  My collection is a bit out of hand, and I'm spending time to get it back into order.

I don't often hang out on the discord server (I never remember to start it up), and I sometimes don't recognize I get a DM here.  So if someone is selling something and it's SWM related, feel free to give me a ping: comics@tzande.com 

The thing is that with Trade Paper backs and digtial copies ... I have to go the originals less and less.  But I've spent so much of my life collecting them I don't currently see me getting rid of them.   (I passed 50 not to long ago.)  I finally have a place where they all fit in one room, and I'm now experimenting to find some good shelving for them.

Though I'm mostly filling in on things that I'm missing as I found what was damaged in a flood years ago.   The organized collection just passed 18k, and I have a lot left to go.  And worse, I have things inventoried but not all together.  Like... I have every comic with "Supergirl" in the actual title but it's not all in one spot, as soon as I get the boxes on shelves, collating the inventoried stuff is probably the first job.

SWM-like material is the bulk of my collection. I have lots of standard DC/Marvel but even there if you look at them you'll see a heavy weight towards the SWM.  Why did I start buying Legion comics in the first place?  Supergirl.  I got FF adn Avengers before She-Hulk was around ... but she just helps keep it going.   As a young kid I like FF/Marvel Team-Up/Marvel Two-In-One ... and then found Supergirl and it started an entirly new facination. ;-)  1980's She-Hulk #1 was awesome.

I do like ALL comics though, so I end up with things like Fatale and Criminal from Brubaker and Phllips in addition to just super-hero comics.  I like it all .... but put a physically strong woman in the comic and you've got my attention.  I mostly buy things like that new off the shelf though (it encourages the people to make more of them).

I don't know what is going to happen to my collection when I go ... I don't know if it's good enough for the local universities comic book library (it's pretty fantastic and world class, the Billy Ireleand Comic Book Library.  Seriously, Waterson donated almost the entire run of Calvin and Hobbes original artwork to it.)

More
08 Sep 2019 20:42 #64953 by shadar
I figure some extraordinarily well-curated collections of comic books will find their way to a universiy library/museum for future generation's study, but most of us have cabinets full of whatever. 

I live in an area of Washington state where many other retired Boomers live, and cool stuff from the 50's, 60's, 70's is always for sale at "around-again" kind of used stuff stores. Lots and lots of such stores here. Turns out there are way more people donating than buying and the  shops overflow into out-buildings and into back lots until they get really selective about only taking stuff that's useful. Like household items and furniture and so forth. All of which sells for very little. 

There are people of very limited income buying really nice stuff that's immediately useful to them, and at near give-away prices, but a friend of mine has a fantastic collection of costume jewelry she'd collected over 60 years of living in LA. She always figured she'd sell it to finance her retired years. But nobody wants to pay for anything like that unless they can melt it down for the base metals. And not much of that in costume jewelry. 

Same goes for many other kinds of collectibles. 

We Boomers and a bit later you Gen-X's are slipping into the great beyond with an astronomical collection of what will be regarded as little more than junk in the end. 

Trick is not to burden my kids/grandkids with stuff they can't use or sell or want in the end. Comic books definitely fall into that category. One of my grandsons likes such things, but he doesn't want anything made of paper, and he's not interested in "historical stuff", If its not digital, it's useless to him. 

Shadar

• shadar
More
09 Sep 2019 00:48 #64962 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Ubergirl comics for sale!
Is there a list anywhere?

More
09 Sep 2019 00:48 - 09 Sep 2019 00:49 #64963 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Ubergirl comics for sale!
deleted dup
Last edit: 09 Sep 2019 00:49 by slim36.

More
09 Sep 2019 17:22 - 09 Sep 2019 17:23 #64972 by ace191
I am hopeful that Someone will be interested enough in what I have to pay the shipping.  I have a big dumpster in my driveway right now (porch remodel) and thus far, I have resisted the temptation to donate to it.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2019 17:23 by ace191.

More
09 Sep 2019 18:38 #64974 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Ubergirl comics for sale!

ace191 wrote: I am hopeful that Someone will be interested enough in what I have to pay the shipping.  I have a big dumpster in my driveway right now (porch remodel) and thus far, I have resisted the temptation to donate to it.

shoot me an email at comics@tzande.com or look for me in the discord server (I’ve been logged in a bit to talk to LFan about this topic too)   Depending on what/how much I might be interested.   

90s Mary Marvels I might need.   I don’t need Supergirl titled comics but might need some guest appearenxe

But I might pay for shipping on Supergirl comics that I have simply to have reading copies.... esp if it keeps them out of a dumpster.

More
10 Sep 2019 02:28 #64979 by ace191
I think I have almost all of 90’s supergirl and the Shazam comics.  Anyone interested in Powers (including who killed retro girl and her replacement).  Eve in invincible was a cutie for awhile.  If there are no takers, I think I will take those down to my local comic store. 

More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds