Amount

Supergirl #10 - Beware Spoilers

09 Oct 2006 20:31 #6986 by lfan
Supergirl #10 - Beware Spoilers was created by lfan
Getting better......

Now that they ditched all that Kandor crap, seems like its proceeding in a decent direction. In terms of this issue, kinda "Carrie-ish" as someone on another forum pointed out, with superstrength and speed instead of telekinesis.

Points of Nitpicking
=============
Is it just me, or is is kinda hard to believe that someone like Kara was THAT ostracized at her "old school"? And I guess that secret ID lasted for all of 20 pages??? And can someone tell the writers/artists that a "startling transformation" is not experienced by the reader if she's FACING THE OTHER WAY!!! What the hell?

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Oct 2006 22:20 #6990 by Albais
Replied by Albais on topic Re: Supergirl #10 - Beware Spoilers
Yes! Yes!

Can't believe what have they done. An AE for that? Damn DC...

And u're right, start a TF like that showin her back it's a total shame for readers.

Me specially, she's my all times fav 1. Hope those guys take right way soon.

More
13 Dec 2006 17:02 #7607 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Supergirl #10 - Beware Spoilers
It was getting better ~ then #12 hit. Not a fan of the art ~ what a stupid story line ~ what a pathetic outfit ~ plus they have just about killed off the alter ego completely.

This was just a pathetic set up for a weak new character that I couldn’t care less about.

More
17 Dec 2006 01:20 #7648 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: Supergirl #10 - Beware Spoilers
Agreed. The art dropped a huge leap back from "trying hard to make something special" back to "mid-70's dime store rag" somewhere between issue 11 and 12. Story-wise, you can pick any issue and make your argument for why it dropped off from there. I find the story started out with potential, hit a couple of sweet-spot issues with that split personality thing (been done before and often, but was still cool), and has been disjointed, dropping loose ends like peanust shells, even non-sensical ever since. And what the heck was that whole Kandor thing? Dropped acid to limbo a writers block!?!

They should really kill the line and start over again. Dragging it out from here's just going to get uglier in increasingly uncomfortable ways. The whole shift to Kandor should have been their big clue that they'd hit their creativity wall.

Incidentally I've scanned and web-archived the whole thing beneath my yahoo group as 'exhibit A' to folks that complain that my writing is disjointed, drops loose ends like peanut shells, and nonsensical towards the complete lack of any resolution. I'm no worse than DC's pro writers on all acounts and now I can prove it.

Their "Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes" headliner is growing on me. We'll see how many issues THAT holds together for. They're nearing the 10 issue mark, place your bets. The art there was never really much, so it might have the stamina to run longer.

I'm also liking their latest restart of the Wonder Woman line. Placing my bets at 10 issues before that crumbles too. The art there scans dark, but its from an 'atmospheric' coloring style, not from lack of effort on DC's part.

Entropy in story writing. It's inevitable. All stories have an ending. The trick is knowing when you're done.

Rock on.
-Paw.

More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds