Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

City of Heroes/Villains

17 Dec 2006 01:49 #7650 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains

Lately I've been fantasizing about an ubergirl loose in EA's "Battlefield 2142", w/ all the bullets, high tech toys (walking mechs, hovertanks, orbital strikes...) and heavy artillery wizzing around...too much code and work to build a mod, but a story ain't out of the question...

Wuv
-White Paw

Sounds cool. A sequel to "World War 3.0 Public Beta" perhaps? That was a good one, especially the detailed microsecond by microsecond descriptions of military ordinance yielding to the ubergirl's invincible body.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2006 08:04 #7655 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Heh. That's more Yosh's style. He'd be better for the slow-mo job. I blame him for getting me started in writing, but my style's drifted far over the years. We'll see. WW3.0b was one of my biggest hits (any way you wanna read that), so the idea seems to be popular among the drooling masses. Someone should drop that bomb in the workshop suggestion box.

Somebody else. I'm biased.
-Paw.

More
17 Dec 2006 09:23 #7657 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Heres a shot of my ss/inv tanker taking on a few pesky Skulls. Guess who won ?
[img] [url=http://img16.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=47293_Super_122_518lo.jpg][img]http://img16.imagevenue.com/loc518/th_47293_Super_122_518lo.jpg[/img][/url][/img]

More
17 Dec 2006 17:18 #7661 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Tanks a lot!

More
17 Dec 2006 17:24 #7662 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
P.S.: Is there a way to get to stuff by you and Ultragirl and VE? I just checked out heromorph.com and found only a bunch of links that either don't mean anything to me (three-word acronyms) or are obviously irrelevant (Christian dating services, etc.). Tried searhing Ultragirl but just got irrelevant hits from outside the site.

More
17 Dec 2006 22:15 #7664 by Nico
Replied by Nico on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Hello !
Sorry to interrup you in you very interesting discussion. I'm Nicolas, I'm French and I've heard a lot about this MMORPG City of Heroes/Villains. I'm very interested to play this MMORPG too, but there are imporatante thing that I wonder.
If I play a sexy Superwoman, can I make real feats of strength like lifting cars or kind of such things ?
I saw that you gamers can make some screen shot : could you post some of them featuring you Superheroine doing some good feats of strength ?
Thank you very much for your attention.

Nicolas.

More
17 Dec 2006 23:05 #7665 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
You can't really mess with the environment too much. So no car lifting or anything of the sort.

If you want that, get Freedom Force. You can punch down buildings in that game.

More
17 Dec 2006 23:14 #7666 by Nico
Replied by Nico on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Thank you very much for your answer Ultragirl.
I nver have heard about Freedom Force. Waht sort of game is it ? Do you have an URL to see more information about it ?
And about sreen shots ?

More
18 Dec 2006 10:02 #7670 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains

Thank you very much for your answer Ultragirl.
I nver have heard about Freedom Force. Waht sort of game is it ? Do you have an URL to see more information about it ?
And about sreen shots ?

It's a RPG based on the same engine of Baldur's Gate. Pretty good game.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
18 Dec 2006 10:44 #7671 by Mirk
Replied by Mirk on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains

If I play a sexy Superwoman, can I make real feats of strength like lifting cars or kind of such things ?

I think there is one Power where you can throw things at the enemy. This items you throw just pop up in your hands. one of these items could be a car wreck.
Super Strength->Hurl ?

More
18 Dec 2006 15:52 #7674 by WhitePaw
Freedom Force has a nice set of mods, meshes, skins, and hacks you can stick in there to make a pretty effective/sexy ubergirl. I did that once years ago for about five minutes. The only problem is that the game controls are really squad-based. You can't micro-direct your dolls/actors like you can in CoH. It's also impossible to find another player willing to go up against you and your ubergirl mods. Too few of us actually get the ubergirl Zen.

Back in CoH/CoV the super strength set's "hurl" power just picks up a clod of whatever you're standing on and chucks it. It doesn't pick up cars or whatever debris is around yet, but they're setting up the engine to be able to do that. The gravity control power set's "propel" ports in some big chunk of random debris (Buick, forklift, pool table, gargoyle, etc) and chucks it. The propel debris used to fade out after a few seconds, but since they've adopted the PhysiX card drivers and after Issue 8 last month, the debris from propel now litters the floor until you exit the mission and any character can kick it around a bit. Its a very small bit of code from there to enable the super strength-> hurl power to be able to grab some nearby debris instead of the floor for chucking. But no, I don't ever see fully destructable environments coming to the CoH engine.

-Paw

More
25 Dec 2006 15:03 #7742 by Albais
Replied by Albais on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
:shock:

WOOOW man...

Maybe it's time start to think post my Fab 4.

By the way: Did u received the private mail i send to u??? Still no answer.

Hope we can play all in game soon.

More
27 Dec 2006 02:21 #7762 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Sure did. Sorry I'm horrible about responding to e-mails & things like that. Thx for the link too. I haven't seen you in game for a while -- I'm sure I will soon though.

More
28 Dec 2006 02:59 #7784 by WhitePaw
Anybody got a good link to the 'diamond s' mod? I lost mine several editions ago and haven't found a good 'splanation about how to set it up again recently.

Wuv,
-@....
(go figure)

More
23 Jan 2007 05:31 #7968 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains

Sure did. Sorry I'm horrible about responding to e-mails & things like that. Thx for the link too. I haven't seen you in game for a while -- I'm sure I will soon though.

With all you folks active in the game, I might re-subscribe myself. After all, the most important thing in a game like this is having some friends you can spend time virtually hanging out with.

Sadly, my best characters are on Guardian, and I don't think Cryptic/NCSoft have a mechanism for server to server transfers.

More
30 Jan 2007 16:48 #8055 by Albais
Replied by Albais on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
And for those of yours that they think to get or not the games here's something:

www.cityofheroes.com/news/archives/2007/...lefront_14_da_1.html

Prove it and then made choice... (If u're a really lazy one can download from that same page on Buy Now button :wink: )

More
07 Jun 2007 18:01 #9480 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Just a bit of "movie news"....one of the producers of the Transformers movie has acquired the rights to City of Heroes. Perhaps we'll see the denizens of Paragon City soon on the big screen?

www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5815

Peace
ElF

More
23 Jun 2007 21:14 #9617 by paulsamiga
Replied by paulsamiga on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
My first Lvl 50 super strenth/invulnerable Tanker Super Godess. :D

More
23 Jun 2007 23:54 #9620 by yaracyrrah
Replied by yaracyrrah on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
Nice costume!

• yaracyrrah
  • Away
More
24 Jun 2007 00:43 #9621 by paulsamiga

Nice costume!

If you want to see her in person shes on the Defiant Server. :)

More
27 Jun 2007 19:18 #9647 by paulsamiga
Just Made a vid of my lvl 50 Supergirl in COH. Its not much but it shows off how invulnerable she is to some of the lower levles.

www.veoh.com/videos/v682040edPYmppN?sear...559591709&rank=7

More
27 Jun 2007 22:15 #9656 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains
That was cool. I looked at it ~ but was a little sad about the lack of "skins" availible for the game.

I'm suprised there isn't a hack where you can apply your own skin while you watch and others just see the normal one. That way copyrighted characters or even specially tweaked custom character could be made.

There was never a SG easter egg in the "superman returns" game either... ...oh well.

More
27 Jun 2007 22:16 #9657 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains

If you want to see her in person shes on the Defiant Server. :)

Defiant Server? ...last to know again! :roll:

More
29 Jun 2007 23:48 #9690 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: City of Heroes/Villains

Just Made a vid of my lvl 50 Supergirl in COH. Its not much but it shows off how invulnerable she is to some of the lower levles.

www.veoh.com/videos/v682040edPYmppN?sear...559591709&rank=7

how'd you make a vid? all i can do is screenshots.

More
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds