Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

Play by post?

19 Dec 2012 21:13 #29744 by Dunnere1
Play by post? was created by Dunnere1
Is there any interest in doing a play-by-post Super-femme role-playing game? I have been involved in a few on rpol.net over the years that have been a lot of fun.

If there are any takers, some questions would have to be settled beforehand:

Good girl, bad girl, or grey?

Solo or team?

What tone/rating will the game have?

Free-form or rules-based?

As for me, I prefer girls who enjoy using their powers, and who cause a bit of damage even if they are one the light side. I also love origins stores and the whole "discovery of powers" sequences!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dunnere1
  • Dunnere1's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Dec 2012 22:28 #29745 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic Play by post?
If you cant find one here I'd be willing to start one with you through IM's :)

More
20 Dec 2012 05:59 #29746 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Play by post?
If you guys get a bit more concrete on the foundations on this I might be game.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

More
21 Dec 2012 01:42 - 21 Dec 2012 01:44 #29770 by Skye
Replied by Skye on topic Play by post?
I'm also interested, but since my taste runs more towards the level of (near) goddesses toying with mere mortals, we might have a different scope and style in mind.

To maybe clarify this a bit, what Camille has displayed in her posts and stories would make a nice starting point, but once the character has matured in her power, I usually drift into areas like Disguise117's take on the members of Rania in www.superwomenmania.com/index.php?option...120&Itemid=202#29413 .
While obviously the events at the end of the vignette aren't possible in any manageable game, and, I have to admit, would get boring pretty fast (A problem I have with the stories / characters I develop for myself since the results aren't good enough to post, IMO), this is just the level I like my alter egos to have.
At least before they developed the serum. That scale is rare even in my dreams. ;)

When playing games I usually prefer to have a well-tested set of rules, Wild Talents by Arc Dream ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Talents_(role-playing_game) ) has been my choice lately. Of course, even moderately powerful girls in our stories here are mostly high above the point limits in normal games.

I hope this grows into something good, and maybe, while talking, I'll get an idea on a more manageable scale that allows me to participate. ;)

While I wouldn't have a problem with a good girl in the game, I guess my character would be in the grey area at best, maybe something like GeekSeven's Stupendous Girl with a much more hedonistic and mean streak and with even less consideration for human beings.

The solo / team aspect is also something I'm rather ambivalent about, but of course if we have characters with largely different moral outlines, building a team from them might be a big strain.

In regards to the rating, I'm fine with everything, but since most of my usual games tend to include underage players, and the rest are mostly duos between me and my boyfriend where the R-rated part leads away from the gaming table, I'm not really experienced in planning and writing anything in that direction, especially in English.
Last edit: 21 Dec 2012 01:44 by Skye.

More
21 Dec 2012 11:04 #29776 by Lastleaf
Replied by Lastleaf on topic Play by post?
I've played before and even suggested something like this here, can't recall. Much more better if we play somewhat free form, not everyone will be familiar with rules and such. We're not playing some pvp game after all.

I'm game. As for your questions.

I don't like bad girl, because that would entail some possible player character death; unless those participating are fine with that, those things really dampen a players enthusiasm.

Solo or team? I have no problem being overshadowed by others in a story (though that rarely happens to me) so for me team.

As for tone, anyone seen the "Avengers"?

If this push through I'd like to play pretty much the serious archetype who has no powers but relies on gadgets and such.

More
23 Dec 2012 12:12 #29786 by Skye
Replied by Skye on topic Play by post?
I actually wasn't thinking about using the rules while playing, describing a combat scene while actually throwing dice to resolve it can take weeks online (after all, we're probably spread over the US and Europe at least). But using them during character creation provides a clear outline of the abilities involved, which would help avoid inconsistencies and needles debates from the start, because you know who is stronger, smarter, faster, etc.

More
24 Dec 2012 00:30 #29809 by Lastleaf
Replied by Lastleaf on topic Play by post?
Same thing, we could just go about saying my character is strong enough to lift a battleship. The important part is an agreed upon power level for the setting.

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds