Amount

US astronaut Neil Armstrong dies

25 Aug 2012 21:27 #28282 by fats
US astronaut Neil Armstrong dies was created by fats
hi all,

a very sad day today. A true hero and legend has passed away.

i'm too shocked for words.

more info

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19381098

Fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Aug 2012 01:33 #28290 by Rip Harden
Replied by Rip Harden on topic US astronaut Neil Armstrong dies
Hear! Hear!
The first of a dozen. One wonders when the thirteenth will set foot on that globular mass of swiss cheese.
Remembering back to that day, and with the benefit of our time zone, we got the morning off set classes at school to huddle around the ol' black and white in the science lab. Appropriate venue I guess. And it did bring a lump to the throat, even in a lad in short pants.
Well done.

"Man can believe the impossible, but can never believe the improbable." - Oscar Wilde

More
26 Aug 2012 14:23 #28300 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic US astronaut Neil Armstrong dies
Well said! Armstrong family released a cool statement saying something to the effect of if you wanna help contribute or pay tribute to his lifetime contributions, honor his service, accomplishments, and modesty by looking up at the moon next time your walk on a clear night and simply give Neil a wink and a smile. (not the exact statement, but the general gist of it)

RIP Mr Armstrong and thank you!

More
26 Aug 2012 17:20 #28304 by eavatar
Replied by eavatar on topic US astronaut Neil Armstrong dies
Siegle and Shuster made us believe a man could fly,Kirby and Lee said the science could make us heroes, Aasimov, Clark and Heinlein pointed to the stars and said they belonged to us and Gernsback gave room for the wildest dreams infect us, but Neil Armstrong made all the former dreams become real.

The moon doesn't belong to Saint George's Dragon, the Bunny which make rice cakes or any cheese maker, it belongs to us thanks to Commander armstrong's small step.

Farewel Airman! keep the space free for our dreams. Point us the next dream to come true.

Going ahead is the only one way to go to the future.

More
27 Aug 2012 11:02 #28313 by supian
Replied by supian on topic US astronaut Neil Armstrong dies

eavatar wrote: Siegle and Shuster made us believe a man could fly,Kirby and Lee said the science could make us heroes, Aasimov, Clark and Heinlein pointed to the stars and said they belonged to us and Gernsback gave room for the wildest dreams infect us, but Neil Armstrong made all the former dreams become real.

The moon doesn't belong to Saint George's Dragon, the Bunny which make rice cakes or any cheese maker, it belongs to us thanks to Commander armstrong's small step.

Farewel Airman! keep the space free for our dreams. Point us the next dream to come true.

So you are saying the moon belongs to Americans? :blink:

More
27 Aug 2012 12:29 #28314 by Rip Harden
Replied by Rip Harden on topic US astronaut Neil Armstrong dies

supian wrote: So you are saying the moon belongs to Americans? :blink:

I'd say the 'US' means the members of this site. I mean, we're always shooting for the stars aren't we. :woohoo:

"Man can believe the impossible, but can never believe the improbable." - Oscar Wilde

More
27 Aug 2012 16:21 #28315 by eavatar
Replied by eavatar on topic US astronaut Neil Armstrong dies

Rip Harden wrote:

supian wrote: So you are saying the moon belongs to Americans? :blink:

I'd say the 'US' means the members of this site. I mean, we're always shooting for the stars aren't we. :woohoo:

Sorry, I was talking that side by side with my personal ubbergirl, and just because all you guys said she is going to destroy the USofA during the next Republican president.

So I suggest you vote Obama right now or she is going to crush the country starting in Miami and finishing in Ancorage (if Sarah Palin let her get closer to her state)

Going ahead is the only one way to go to the future.

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds