Amount

In Real Life Supergirls Aren't Invulnerable

10 Dec 2013 19:23 #34643 by Woodclaw
Just got this news through the net :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 Dec 2013 20:41 #34644 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic In Real Life Supergirls Aren't Invulnerable
That's depressing and disgusting and so very unnecessary. Nothing more dangerous than idiots with guns. Given how the US is totally awash in handguns, we need compulsory gun handling courses in schools. I know, that sounds really weird, but its like sex education in schools. Or driver education. Or drug/alcohol education. Ignoring the problem doesn't keep kids safe. Only knowledge will keep them safe.

Idiots who learn about guns from TV and movies and friends think an automatic is unloaded when you eject the clip. But there may be one round in the chamber. This kind of accident happens all the time with untrained gun handlers. And pointing an "empty" gun at someone and clicking the trigger?!! Anyone with the slightest bit training would never do that unless they had lethal intent.

And no, I'm not an anti-gun nut. Nor am I a gun advocate or an NRA member. Hell, I'm a part of the Elizabeth Warren liberal arm of the Democratic party. I just live near the edge of the wild and I hunt deer and elk and waterfowl. Also, lots of predators here. Even my local Sheriff has advised me to carry a gun while hiking here. Not to ward off vampires and werewolves (Forks, the supposed setting for those silly vampire/werewolf Twilight movies by Stephanie Meyers is here in the county). Hell, vampires are bulletproof in any case <grin>. But instead, predators who like my dogs way too much.

I hike the deep, dark woods with my pack of three Labradors nearly every day. One of the benefits of being retired. I love the woods, as do my dogs, but we've had some "interesting" moments with coyote packs and a couple of hungry cougars and an odd bear. My free-running Labs are outclassed by predators who view them as quadrupedal lunch boxes. I've trained the dogs to gather around me when things get hairy (and my big male weighs as much as a Grey Wolf). Strength in numbers. They're all gun dogs, so they know what guns are for.

Unlike those idiotic, untrained teenagers. Such a sad, unnecessary story.

Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds