Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

A few Images 2 - The Sequel

28 Jul 2019 08:24 - 28 Jul 2019 08:25 #64693 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
Kristina Moser as She-Ra:

All Might from My Hero Academia:  (Gender change for the character):

Starfire:

Instagram:

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 28 Jul 2019 08:25 by TwiceOnThursdays. Reason: removed dupe image
The following user(s) said Thank You: lojack, Woodclaw, rednecko, Agent00Soul, reddofnonnac, TheOne25, guimachajo1
The topic has been locked.
More
28 Jul 2019 11:19 #64694 by guimachajo1
Replied by guimachajo1 on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
I like to look her in arnold clasic europe o the Granada comic week
More
29 Jul 2019 07:10 #64701 by guimachajo1
I love this supergirl story. 
She is maravillosa 
More
29 Jul 2019 11:49 #64704 by WLG
Replied by WLG on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
Wow, Kristina looks amazing. I'll be coming back to this one. Shame she's not casually tossing a ship over the horizon!
  • WLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Jul 2019 19:43 #64707 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
I'm not even sure how to categorize this ad I came across for an electrical muscle-building stimulator.  

Apparently if a woman wears it enough, you get an ass like this. I mean, would they lie?

Isn't technology great!  Especially the super-powered version of this. 

Shadar

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, slim36, RD
  • shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
31 Jul 2019 11:06 - 31 Aug 2019 13:41 #64721 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

Ultra Woman Lois to Clark;
 "What the hell are you looking at? Stop stariing at my super chest or I'll kick your a** with MY superpowers!"

Last edit: 31 Aug 2019 13:41 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rednecko, Agent00Soul, cristian01984, guimachajo1
More
31 Jul 2019 11:26 #64722 by guimachajo1
I like this episode. 
Is my favorite
More
03 Aug 2019 00:06 #64745 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
She certainly could be a super being in plain view.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lojack, steelknight3000, Woodclaw, slim36, Ravens_ghost, rednecko, Agent00Soul, AuGoose, Gincognifo, guimachajo1
  • Sarge395
More
27 Aug 2019 19:15 #64869 by shadar
Given she played Supergirl in Smallville, Lara Vandervoort remains a favorite of mine. 

Here's a Coachella concert picture taken before she cut her famously long hair. (Not many actresses wear it so long as it limits their roles, or so I've read). 

Everyone dresses a bit zany for Coachella, but her choices are good ones for a supergirl...

And, of course, a bit of art of her as Kara in Smallville. She never wore the full costume, but it seems everything she did wear contained only primary reds and blues, along with yellows. Kara is the only thing I miss from Smallville.

Shadar

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Raa, RevTekkX, rednecko, aguilauno, Agent00Soul, guimachajo1
  • shadar
More
28 Aug 2019 16:39 - 28 Aug 2019 18:24 #64872 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

shadar wrote: Given she played Supergirl in Smallville, Lara Vandervoort remains a favorite of mine. 

Here's a Coachella concert picture taken before she cut her famously long hair. (Not many actresses wear it so long as it limits their roles, or so I've read). 

Everyone dresses a bit zany for Coachella, but her choices are good ones for a supergirl...

And, of course, a bit of art of her as Kara in Smallville. She never wore the full costume, but it seems everything she did wear contained only primary reds and blues, along with yellows. Kara is the only thing I miss from Smallville.

Shadar

I thought she was a sexy werewolf in "Bitten" as well.  Unfortunately, she became something of a generic cast member in the last two seasons after being obviously the lead in season one.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2019 18:24 by Agent00Soul.
More
28 Aug 2019 18:12 #64873 by shadar

Agent00Soul wrote:

shadar wrote: Given she played Supergirl in Smallville, Lara Vandervoort remains a favorite of mine. 

Shadar

I thought she was a sexy werewolf in "Bitten" as well.  Unfortunately, she became something of a generic cast member is the last two seasons after being obviously the lead in season one.

Laura, unfortunately, truly has had trouble carrying a show or movie as the lead. Her forte has always been that of recurring or guest actor on an otherwise functioning show. 

That was true of Smallville, V, Bitten, and was even true back in the days she was doing teenage shows for Canadian viewers. Also true in the Into the Blue 2 movie that she headlined, but couldn't deliver anything more than lots of great bikini shots.

I used to think that was a problem with how she was cast, and directors/writers expectations for her, but I'm come to believe that its very much her problem as well. . 

As terrific as she looks, and as capable she is at playing dynamic and exotic roles, both good or bad, she doesn't (IMHO) have the depth to handle a complex character, especially a recurring one. Or to carry a show on her shoulders.  What she is good at is projecting power, which works for Supergirl and various villain roles (remember Indigo on Supergirl?). 

I enjoy Laura in just about everything I've seen her in -- to a point.. But she's no Nicole Kidman or Charlize Theron, who not only look good but have tremendous depth as actors. Laura's forte is playing a powerful and usually superhuman character in a supporting role that doesn't involve deep emotions. She's very good at that, and that no small thing in my eyes. I'd love to see more of the same. 

Shadar
  • shadar
More
30 Aug 2019 20:21 #64885 by shadar
When you are a Girl of Steel, things can get superhumanly nipply sometimes. Hazards of hiding in plain sight without wearing the proper underarmor. 

Shadar

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost, Lulu, Bernard72002, veggicidal, bane1, guimachajo1
  • shadar
More
08 Sep 2019 06:43 - 08 Sep 2019 06:49 #64934 by shadar
It seemed back in the early 70's Adventure comics, there were a lot of stories about alien supermen coming to Earth to kidnap Supergirl to make her their bride. Here's one of them, with the guy holding the rings for the "wedding" ceremony. 

Of course, wedding her (obviously against her will and unconscious to boot) was just a 1970's comics code work around for raping her. (What are the odds of seeing a scene like this in a comic today?!)

A quote of hers from this issue: 

"I've been kidnapped from Earth, blasted with a ray gun, and ordered disintegrated-- now I think it's time to register my disapproval of such actions!"

This  image obviously came before she "registered her disapproval" by tearing their space ship apart with her bare hands. 

Shadar

Last edit: 08 Sep 2019 06:49 by shadar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, Markiehoe
  • shadar
More
08 Sep 2019 19:47 #64951 by shadar

shadar wrote: It seemed back in the early 70's Adventure comics, there were a lot of stories about alien supermen coming to Earth to kidnap Supergirl to make her their bride. Here's one of them, with the guy holding the rings for the "wedding" ceremony. 

Of course, wedding her (obviously against her will and unconscious to boot) was just a 1970's comics code work around for raping her. (What are the odds of seeing a scene like this in a comic today?!)

A quote of hers from this issue: 

"I've been kidnapped from Earth, blasted with a ray gun, and ordered disintegrated-- now I think it's time to register my disapproval of such actions!"

This  image obviously came before she "registered her disapproval" by tearing their space ship apart with her bare hands. 

Shadar

By the way, this image was on the cover of a book in the early 70's.

Can you imagine how those of us who were fascinated by the ubergirl  genre back then, before computers and 20 years before the Internet and before fan-fiction or anything else like that was invented, must have felt walking into a comic shop and seeing this?  The comic shop was the center of the universe for such stories and art.

I remember that walking into a comic shop was an awesome and amazing experience that had every sense tingling as I looked for new material (admitely ubergirl stuff was a tiny minority) among the stacks of stuff. And finding someone else who enjoyed the same thing narrow focus was almost impossible, but sometimes in the back of the store among the stacks, you'd find someone else looking for the same stuff. Very rarely though and most wouldn't admit it.

I remember buying issues like this but putting it on the bottom of a stack of more mainstream comics to take to the register. Sometimes the clerk woiuld say "Oh, you like Supergirl?" as if it was low-brow. Embarrassing, given that real comicbook fans were into Batman and so forth. 

Funny to consider today, but then, most of us use still use avatars and made-up online names even today. 

Yet with sites like SWM, we can gather and talk virtually and openly. Easy to forget how dramatic that change was for those of us who were into the ubergirl genre before the Internet. 

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno
  • shadar
More
08 Sep 2019 20:55 #64954 by TwiceOnThursdays

shadar wrote:
By the way, this image was on the cover of a book in the early 70's.

Can you imagine how those of us who were fascinated by the ubergirl  genre back then, before computers and 20 years before the Internet and before fan-fiction or anything else like that was invented, must have felt walking into a comic shop and seeing this?  The comic shop was the center of the universe for such stories and art.

I remember that walking into a comic shop was an awesome and amazing experience that had every sense tingling as I looked for new material (admitely ubergirl stuff was a tiny minority) among the stacks of stuff. And finding someone else who enjoyed the same thing narrow focus was almost impossible, but sometimes in the back of the store among the stacks, you'd find someone else looking for the same stuff. Very rarely though and most wouldn't admit it.

I remember buying issues like this but putting it on the bottom of a stack of more mainstream comics to take to the register. Sometimes the clerk woiuld say "Oh, you like Supergirl?" as if it was low-brow. Embarrassing, given that real comicbook fans were into Batman and so forth. 

Funny to consider today, but then, most of us use still use avatars and made-up online names even today. 

Yet with sites like SWM, we can gather and talk virtually and openly. Easy to forget how dramatic that change was for those of us who were into the ubergirl genre before the Internet. 

Shadar

these days it's more likely that people will accept your weirdness I think.

I was told from a friend who husband is a comic book artist "wait, YOU"RE the Tlaca-guy!" after i'd commissoned an image of her at a convention from another established artist.   I knew he'd had dinner with them though her husband wasn't at the convention (Pros talking shop).  I've not got the fully story yet, but I'm pretty sure that I was not made fun of ,but rather the artist found me enjoyably oddball.  I mean i had a PDF of Tlaca's only appearenece on my phone to email to his hander for references...

He did recognize me at a convention a year later, and even remembered I loved Supergirl. He wanted me to talk to his friend who makes me jealous as he apparently has so much Original Supergirl art he has entire issues.  So I never got the idea that I was being mocked, but rather that he found me enjoyably humorous.  I'm still waiting for a Shadow Lass/Night girl image from him.  (I've seen the pencils. it's great.)

Though it's  not like some of that never happened..... I mostly use a handle here as I'm old-school pre-internet and that's what we do.  (Though I was on the internet before the World Wide Web... which is now mostly what people think the Internet is.)  I just didn't talk about my preferences for some of that time. The comic book store was always a nice haven.  (The 80's were a great ubergirl time.)

But my comic book store always seemed low judgement.  The manager of the store eventually opened his own store when it went under and it was even better as it has his DNA from the ground up.  One of the friendliest shops I've been in (I can see how they treat new people who walk in.) OTH some of the customers ....  ug.  Let's just say my daughter worked there and some of the customers didn't wnat to be helped by a girl.   Now most of the staff is women, and if you're there on a weekend, there's a good chance there isn't a guy working ... so you'd better evolve or go to another store. ;-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost
More
09 Sep 2019 17:32 #64973 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:
But my comic book store always seemed low judgement.  The manager of the store eventually opened his own store when it went under and it was even better as it has his DNA from the ground up.  One of the friendliest shops I've been in (I can see how they treat new people who walk in.) OTH some of the customers ....  ug.  Let's just say my daughter worked there and some of the customers didn't wnat to be helped by a girl.   Now most of the staff is women, and if you're there on a weekend, there's a good chance there isn't a guy working ... so you'd better evolve or go to another store. ;-)

I think the fact that its now very common to see women at comic book stores or conventions (often in cosplay) is the single biggest change I've seen in the sci-fi/fantasy/superhero world in the past 20 years.
More
10 Sep 2019 18:30 #64984 by shadar

Agent00Soul wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

I think the fact that its now very common to see women at comic book stores or conventions (often in cosplay) is the single biggest change I've seen in the sci-fi/fantasy/superhero world in the past 20 years.

That's a huge change. It was just a guy's place when I used to trade.

I used to visit comic shops in various locations in Colorado in the 70's and 80's (mostly Mile High Comics) and then in LA in the mid-90's. But haven't been in a US comic shop since then. I did shop a few times in a Singapore comic book store about 14 years ago, but it was very sterile compared to the shops in the US. 

I do miss spending hours looking through boxes and boxes of used comics, especially in the back of Mile High Comics about over 40 years ago. They were one of the truly great comic stores back then. You could spend days in there and never get halfway through the inventory. There was no computerized inventory or anything else, but boxes were organized in various ways. It was all manual, hands on searching, but the guys who worked there could find anything if you asked. The place had that peculiar but very pleasant smell of a large, old comic book shop (cheap paper decomposing, I suppose), but it was almost a perfume to me). 

(I Googled them today, and was shocked to find that Mile High is still around, albeit apparently after changes in ownership and locations, etc, and they currently advertise that they have 10 million comic books in inventory. Ten million??!!  That would take some time to sort through by hand. Although I suspect its all computer inventoried now.) 

Shadar
  • shadar
More
28 Sep 2019 22:41 #65135 by Sarge395

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost, Markiehoe, tranquinha, Agent00Soul, reddofnonnac, TwiceOnThursdays, AuGoose, ricktheflick, guimachajo1
  • Sarge395
More
28 Sep 2019 22:58 #65136 by Sarge395
Dark and deadly. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: rednecko, Markiehoe, tranquinha, MatrixSimon1, guimachajo1
  • Sarge395
More
29 Sep 2019 20:10 - 29 Sep 2019 20:12 #65142 by TwiceOnThursdays
Because I'm obsessive, and I already knew 2 of the 3 answers, here are links to the artists and a rant about being stiffed.  (Sorry)

The first is easy as I recognize the art and the name, Rodel Martin off DA.  He has an ebay store to sell existing artwork and new commissions.  However, this is something i've never ever done. I love the artwork ...and I bought a piece off ebay and also negotiated some commisions (not using ebay).  This pushed the ship past the ebay ship deadlines in order to have time to make the commissions.  So to keep them with good scores, I closed the ebay order (at his request).  Seemed like a friendly thing to do.  There is a reason you should never ever do this...

I then not only never ever received my commissions, I also never recieved the ebay order.  I got responses a few times, but the last times I inquired to them I got nothing back. This is the first time I'm publically saying "this guy burned me".  It was a series of various artists burning me in a row that ended my commissioning as it just got tiring/frustrating... this was after a string of about 200 commissions where I think I got stiffed twice .... and then in a series of 8 commissions I think I might have got 3 of them (and two of those only after I had to multiple ping the artist). I just gave up.  I need to start again, and seeing this reminding me of when/why I gave up.  (If an artist did not take my money, then I wasn't stiffed, this is "take my money, give me nothing".)

It's been three years, maybe I'll ping them again? It's probably not worth it.  Anyway, if you are thinking about it, I'd be wary, and stick to one ebay thing at a time,  (That's my last rule of commissioning: only commission one thing at a time from an artist")

And yes, i really did commission that much, here is my DA gallery with most of the things I've commissioned.   It's not like I don't know how the game is supposed to be played.  (the commission that I didn't get that doesn't bother me too much is I took one from a woman right before she graduated in France, I got one... and then she graudated and later I pinged her and she admited to forgetting about it after partying and got busy with her new real life job .... and promised to make it good and never did. I sort of get the young/start new life/chaos bit and she did me the favor of writing back.... three people disappered from DA totally. (one came back but won't reply to me.)  I honestly hope the other two are ok and nothing happend to them.

Shit, now I'm depressed.  Sorry for ranting. 

Sarge395 wrote:

This is   geminisoku from DA and instagram ..  Had to look this one up.

I really like this image he did of  She-Hulk too.

This is  nivilis .  She's one of my favorite 3D artists, her images are instantly recognizable to me.  (Not sure what she does't differently but I LOVE her work.)

You really need to look at her gallery .  I mean RIGHT NOW.

Last edit: 29 Sep 2019 20:12 by TwiceOnThursdays. Reason: fixed quoting hopefully
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000, Woodclaw, tranquinha, TheOne25, guimachajo1
More
30 Sep 2019 02:36 #65143 by Sarge395
I hear ya.  Gotta be careful with commissions.  I paid for a 10 page multi image comic a while back.  Through DA I believe.  Had some luck with single images from him.  Then paid around $200 for the 10 pages.  Time came and went.  Emails were sent and some terse responses of 'just chill out' were received.  Probably a year later I received the art.  My biggest issue was that he was still posting tons of new art on his DA page yet never had time for my art.  Other peoples commissions were being done but not mine.  Last 4 of 10 pages were basically sketches and not the quality I expected.  Buyer beware.  The artist is still active.  

Gincognifo, Lordsnot, Foxtrot3D, and PoserHobbit I can vouch for getting the job done in a timely and quality manner.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gincognifo
  • Sarge395
More
03 Oct 2019 23:39 #65189 by Sarge395
Another favorite is PG.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Lulu, rednecko, aguilauno, Markiehoe, Agent00Soul, cristian01984, guimachajo1
  • Sarge395
More
03 Oct 2019 23:42 #65190 by Sarge395
May as well add some more while I am scrolling through my most recent PG collection of cosplay.

The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, SCOTT R, rednecko, aguilauno, Markiehoe, Agent00Soul, Brad2, guimachajo1
  • Sarge395
More
04 Oct 2019 01:19 #65191 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
Well if we are posting Powergirl.
How about my favorite AZ Powergirl

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, shadar, SCOTT R, rednecko, aguilauno, Agent00Soul, Brad2, guimachajo1
More
04 Oct 2019 03:13 - 04 Oct 2019 03:14 #65192 by shadar
The guy with the gun can't shoot for crap. He's got the two biggest targets around and he hits there?  He'll be lucky if she doesn't take his head off.

Shadar

Last edit: 04 Oct 2019 03:14 by shadar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, SCOTT R, aguilauno, Agent00Soul, cristian01984, guimachajo1
  • shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds