Amount

Sierra: Future Bionics PSW Update

13 Jun 2008 22:48 #12586 by Random321
Sierra: Future Bionics PSW Update was created by Random321
We posted a new update a couple days ago with Sierra featured in 'Sierra: Future Bionics'.

“Canned Description”
In this one, a criminal mastermind is using women to break into a government lab to steal drugs used for bionic experimentation. One of those women wants the drugs and the powers that come along with them. Good thing Sierra ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time, or perhaps the right place to uncover this plot!

“More Thoughts”
I often know right after the video shoot is over if a short is going to be a good one or not. This one I was wrong about. We were a little rushed, we lost light, the locals were cold (I was sweating). I felt okay about it when we were done shooting, but not solid and maybe even a step back. I was wrong. Sierra made this work with her attitude along with the other actors.

I liked the sounds effects, I liked the music, I liked the stunts, and I think choreographing fights is really more difficult than most people know. The video is dark at the end I know ~ but I hope it isn’t too bad ~ and I think it almost “works” given the ending and the last few effects scenes.

One funny note: Sierra really was 100% certain she could jump onto the hood of the moving car ~ maybe I should have but there was no way I was going to let her try ~ so we used some camera tricks of course. I think you’ll all thank me because she is alive today to do more shoots. Has anyone else seen the bogus adds of Kobe (I hate him) Bryant jumping over the speeding car?

The balance of story and action is right about where I like it for a short with our budget and time considerations. Some of the other Michaela bionic shorts are my favorite for just that reason ~ and this one was right there with them. Sure it’s not Hollywood ~ but we do well ~ especially when working with fun and enthusiastic people like Shay, Sierra, and Michaela.

I'm always looking for feedback ~ positive and negative!

I’m hip deep into editing the next two shorts (month long process) I’ll try to post some teasers as I go!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
14 Jun 2008 01:06 #12589 by Brantwood
Replied by Brantwood on topic Re: Sierra: Future Bionics PSW Update
Hey Random,
great video as usual!!!
I hope to see Michaela soon in the good old red and blue!!!
Keep up the great work! :D :D :D

More
14 Jun 2008 07:50 #12591 by spunk639
Replied by spunk639 on topic Re: Sierra: Future Bionics PSW Update
Sorry, not a big fan of the bionics stuff, it's not the same, and just not as good. I'd rather see a set of still Sierra SG stuff than the bionics, will still get it to support but it is not the same.

More
14 Jun 2008 13:58 #12593 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Sierra: Future Bionics PSW Update
Good to see Sierra but other than that I was not pleased.

Too dark and grainy.
Not a fan of Bionics
It looked rushed
The bonus was less than you normally put in your work

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
14 Jun 2008 21:46 #12599 by bionic25
Replied by bionic25 on topic Re: Sierra: Future Bionics PSW Update
I know you are your own worst critic and that makes your material some of the best out there.

Speaking for bionic fans, we love that you put the time and effort in producing material like this. We hope that you continue working with Sierra and continue producing bionic material.

There are not that many of us out there and our main problem is that we have to look far and wide to find producers, like you, that take the time and effort into putting together material which speaks to our particular subject when it comes to superheroines.

Thank you for your continued hard work and know that your bionic material does not go unappreciated!

More
19 Jul 2008 15:23 #12924 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: Sierra: Future Bionics PSW Update
Hi Random! I was just wondering what the plans for the next video is? I need my fix!

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds