Amount

A New Supergirl - Day 100

27 Aug 2015 14:03 #43922 by JonX
A New Supergirl - Day 100 was created by JonX
Hey everyone,

About 10 years ago I had an idea for a story.

I am fascinated by the idea of a normal girl who has super powers bestowed upon her. Supergirl, Wonder Woman (to a degree) and others had their powers from birth. They grow up knowing they have them, and once they reach adulthood, the story is about them saving from extraterrestial beings, etc, etc.

What I wanted to explore was a girl - a normal girl - that suddenly became endowed with Supergirl's powers. I wanted to explore how she would feel with super human strength, how she would react in transforming from a normal, average looking girl into Supergirl and the body and face that went with it.

And I wanted to explore how this new Supergirl would conduct herself straight after. What about her friends and family that knew her... because her physical transformation would be so sudden, she wouldn't be able to hide it.

Also, I wanted to explore how her personality would develop. Assuming she is a nice person before the transformation, how could being the most powerful person on the planet affect her. Would she naturally look down upon others? What would be her relationship with men be like once she had to face them as criminals.

And then finally, there was the sex and the power. She could have any man she wanted, in costume or out of costume. Would her libido be 'super'? Would she have a boyfriend? Would she use men as sex toys like men sometimes do?

I started writing about 10 years ago, and I found that I had so many ideas that I wasn't finishing the chapters sequentially. And then this became a problem because I wasn't actually able to publish anything.

And then I kind of gave up because I just didn't have the time to finish them.

But I'm back... and I found a solution. I am writing them out of sequence, and in Days.

I wrote Day 1 so that I could setup the basics. You can read that here:
www.superheroines.net/blog/a-new-supergirl-day-1/

Since then I have written parts of about 10-20 days. When I'm writing I just like to see what clicks. And so far I have published 5 Days of content - stories that have clicked for me.

And I hope you enjoy them!

Oh, and PS, I published some chapters in the Library on SWM, but I found that I need to go back over old Days to amend the details to match Days that I write subsequently. And so, I publish on my blog because I have the ability to just dip in and change on the fly.

Day 1 - www.superheroines.net/blog/a-new-supergirl-day-1
Day 8 - www.superheroines.net/blog/a-new-supergirl-day-8/
Day 32 - www.superheroines.net/blog/a-new-supergirl-day-32
Day 60 - www.superheroines.net/blog/a-new-supergirl-day-60
Day 100 - www.superheroines.net/blog/a-new-supergirl-day-100
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, Sarge395, bionicskillz, SCOTT R, KarkClent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JonX
  • JonX's Avatar Topic Author
More
27 Aug 2015 14:32 #43923 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic A New Supergirl - Day 100
JonX, being the author of the story you should be able to go in and change the text to your liking, without having to resort to the moderators (that being LFan, Fats and me). If you wish to publish the rest here as well, just drop me a line.

More
27 Aug 2015 19:36 #43935 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic A New Supergirl - Day 100
Really hope you keep us up to date! Still love all of these and would love to see more!

More
28 Aug 2015 08:41 #43950 by JonX
Replied by JonX on topic A New Supergirl - Day 100
Hey thanks Caylane.

And thanks Librarian for the info. I didn't realise I could update. I think I'll stick to my blog for the time-being until I've got enough 'Days' to warrant maybe putting together a book. That is the grand plan :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bionicskillz

• JonX
  • JonX's Avatar Topic Author
More
28 Aug 2015 18:28 #43956 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic A New Supergirl - Day 100
I'm going to have to dig into the story as it sounds like it's right up my alley.

But being pedantic: Supergirl WAS raised as an ordinary girl and had powers thrust upon her. She just was't an ordinary EARTH girl (which is important to your story). She didn't have powers on Krypton and was like everyone else. Then her planet blew up and she was sent to Earth to discover she has super powers. The main difference between Supergirl and your idea is that she's not an Earth woman, she's got a different culture, and has diffrent problems of learning how to fit in, dealing with her trauma, and coping with having god-like powers. And she has Superman as a bit of a guide. She also starts off by being able to hide herself from discover too.

Superman is the one who grew up always having powers.

The cultural focus of your story are spot on, and differ from Supergirl in a meaningful way. That is you are dealing with discovery, her friends and family dealing with her transformation, and her reaction to that (etc).

Sorry for being "that guy" -- it really has nothing to do with the heart of your idea. I'll try to read your story and make a meaningful comment. It really does sound like my kind of thing.

More
30 Aug 2015 19:38 #43982 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic A New Supergirl - Day 100
I liked Day 100. Her superness is beginning to interfere with her relationship with her high school sweetheart, and she appears to be of two mind about how to deal with that dilemna. That could get really interesting.

Also, if you haven't seen it, there's also a new Day 12 up on the blog that is enjoyable.

Finally, to TwiceOnThursdays, did I understand your post corectly -- that are you commenting on the story before reading it? Either way, if you are concerned about whether Supergirl is portrayed correctly in the story, it's worth noting that the presence of the original Supergirl ends on Day 1. What little role she does play in the story seems consistent with the official storyline you have laid out in your post.

Overall, I like the writing style, the storyline is engaging, JonX does a good job of making her seem unpredictable and even a little bit dangerous (but without racking up a huge body count), and it's sexy to boot. Hope this continues!

More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds