Amount

The honking of geese (a notebook)

27 Oct 2016 21:21 #50914 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
Glad you bumped or I would have missed. The goose has a new toy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
28 Oct 2016 04:18 #50922 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
Glad you're liking them :). I'd intended to point out my continued tinkering with 3D modeling after I had more text to share. Unfortunately I'm super swamped right now and am a bit concerned about having an entry at all for the Halloween workshop. Tons of idea, not nearly enough words on the page :ohmy:. It'd be very easy to get caught up entirely in rendering and let my writing languish (something I want to avoid!).

DAZ3D is an interesting tool. Fortunately some of my experience with Photoshop is applicable in terms of hot-keys/muscle memory. I do have some sets appropriate to my published stories (bedrooms, deck + hot-tub, a flat, a news studio...) to place characters in but I've been focusing on character-only renders just to keep the render time down on my barbaric hardware while learning how all the switches and knobs work.

More words (and pictures) to come! :)

• AuGoose
  • AuGoose's Avatar Topic Author
More
08 Nov 2016 19:21 - 08 Nov 2016 19:23 #51107 by AuGoose
Quick update. I've set up a separate thread for miscellaneous 3D Rendering fun so this thread can stay focused on the joy of scribbling. I've been engaged in some heavy edits for my Halloween offering and B.D.E. Applying lessons learned from studying some of the masters around here, the terrible trio are even hotter with Sophie getting a bit more screen time :woohoo:. I'm also hopping to add an illustration or three to each of those stories before updating or re-posting them.

I've also recently been introduced to Google docs and the options it offers for editing my own manuscripts and offering suggestions to other writers. It's a nifty tool, very much worth checking out (if you haven't already. Odds are good I'm years late to this particular party :)). As an added benefit, once you invite someone to look over a piece if you're both looking at the document at the same time it has a built-in chat system that doesn't blow up my work :pinch:.

So nothing to show yet, but progress is being made.

*honk!*
Last edit: 08 Nov 2016 19:23 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: furbutt4, LustMonster

• AuGoose
More
27 Nov 2016 07:09 - 04 Dec 2016 20:01 #51418 by AuGoose
I'd been thinking of saving this until I could repost a complete second edition of Best. Day. Ever. including pictures (with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one telling what its all about...), but the project's running long so I thought I'd provide a little 'proof of life' :). This is an expanded costume masquerade scene. There's a little bit of new set-up for it (and a ton of new text overall - it's a substantial rewrite), but I think it'll stand on its own if you've read B.D.E. before.

There's one bit of telekinetic tomfoolery that's been bouncing around in my head about 10 years now, mostly in the context of a Jean Grey-like mutant just coming into her powers, so its kind of a relief to finally put something like it on paper. Plus, you know, movie quotes!

This is definitely influenced by some of my more recent reading on the site, and I'm exploring a bit of 'playful dominance'. While I expect my male protagonists to give as good as they get more often than not, It IS kind of fun to watch an ubergirl just run over more regular blokes sometimes. All in good fun.

Best Day. Ever.
(take two; MASQUERADE ONLY; WIP)
by Au Goose
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 04 Dec 2016 20:01 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, slim36, koopa, ChaozCloud, Ravens_ghost, TwiceOnThursdays, sarahsilver, Heronimus, 1539856464

• AuGoose
More
27 Nov 2016 22:37 #51425 by dante1265
Replied by dante1265 on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
Long time lurker, first post, and wow, I think nothing ever resonated with me as much as 'Ulterior MMOtive'. It is right up my alley as far as "what does a newfound supergirl do with her power" goes, and as someone who basically lived inside the MMO world in his teens, the story setup invokes a very at-home atmosphere for me. I was bubbling with laughter and memmories when what "Hannah couldn't do was follow all the twisty bullshit that went into Jenny’s build...". Amazing line!

You truly are a great writer. And I love the little bits on literary theory.

More
27 Nov 2016 23:27 #51426 by magicalerotica
Replied by magicalerotica on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
It's not that easy to produce quality images on Daz3d. It takes work. :-) Keep it up. You'll get there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose

More
28 Nov 2016 12:01 - 29 Nov 2016 16:28 #51434 by AuGoose
Hey :). Just gonna mention the BDE Masquerade scene has more than doubled in length since I posted it. So if "Screen door!" doesn't immediately give you a smirk, you may want to read it again :).

Karen pretty much takes her cues from the ancient Google Images incantation "Samus Cosplay" at which point you pretty much know you're not walking into this masquerade looking like that and getting out anything less than a minor deity :laugh:.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 29 Nov 2016 16:28 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, guimachajo1

• AuGoose
More
28 Nov 2016 12:15 - 28 Nov 2016 14:35 #51435 by AuGoose

dante1265 wrote: Long time lurker, first post, and wow, I think nothing ever resonated with me as much as 'Ulterior MMOtive'. It is right up my alley as far as "what does a newfound supergirl do with her power" goes, and as someone who basically lived inside the MMO world in his teens, the story setup invokes a very at-home atmosphere for me. I was bubbling with laughter and memories when "what Hannah couldn't do was follow all the twisty bullshit that went into Jenny’s build...". Amazing line!

Ha ha ha ha! :)

Good to hear that tickled your fancy. Hannah's experiences and reactions are challenging for me, as some bits go well outside my comfort zones. So I'm glad they ring true for you - that's really the essence of what I was trying to learn.

I've been both the schemer and the awed onlooker when it comes to exotic builds. Not surprisingly I'm the personality type that likes to take complex things apart and grasp their working piece by part until I can put it back together again. Big surprise, huh? :side:

It's also nice to hear reactions that confirm MMO terminology really is a part of our cultural heritage these days. It's a pleasure to put all that vocabulary to use and not have it wiff.

You truly are a great writer. And I love the little bits on literary theory.

Thank you. I know high praise when I hear it :). Hopefully more little bits (and big bits!) to come. The Muse has been strangely insistent lately. Even if she did eat all the cranberry sauce!
Last edit: 28 Nov 2016 14:35 by AuGoose.

• AuGoose
More
24 Dec 2016 01:39 - 14 Apr 2020 00:51 #51862 by AuGoose
Ok this one has a weird story behind the story. I tried to write something like it months ago, got about 4.5k words into it and got frustrated and gave up. Too much technobabble info dump, not enough pacing.

Basically started over. I -may- be able to salvage some of the earlier text as it's setting exposition that's still correct in my head for what underlies what's happening, but the focus now is on pacing rather than power-physics. Entertain first, bamboozle second :).

This is just a little snip I wanted to share before the site goes down. It's not a long story (in my head) so hopefully I'll have the rest ready when our shared lair powers back up. You may recall the Deniken sisters from Aphrodite Can't Swim.
Sides Effects May Include... (part 1)
by Au Goose
Last edit: 14 Apr 2020 00:51 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395, Monty, sarahsilver, Heronimus

• AuGoose
More
24 Dec 2016 04:38 #51864 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
Uh oh. The brat snatched the super-shake. This is going to be interesting in the Chinese sense

More
24 Dec 2016 14:26 - 24 Dec 2016 14:54 #51874 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
Thanks Goose This is looking really good! With all the ingredients of the recipe there, you cut off at the perfect moment with the kid sister brat to leave us all in a bit of suspense. Looking forward to the building of this scene!
Last edit: 24 Dec 2016 14:54 by Monty.

More
24 Dec 2016 15:32 - 14 Apr 2020 01:05 #51875 by AuGoose
Sliding in just under the wire -- in fact I won't be surprised if the folks reading this don't see it until after the site's back up. The Muse is amused and commands, "Write, you silly goose."

Monty wrote: Thanks Goose This is looking really good! With all the ingredients of the recipe there, you cut off at the perfect moment with the kid sister brat to leave us all in a bit of suspense. Looking forward to the building of this scene!

Heehee. I admit, I felt like with that set up I could just stop there. The chain reaction at this point already seems a bit inevitable. 'Inevitable' being a word several people have applied to my narratives, mostly as a compliment, I think :). But lately I've been meditating on the Goosebumps quote (amazing that such a powerful saying is actually new):

"Every story ever told can be broken down into three parts: the beginning, the middle, and— ...the twist."

:whistle:

Some minor edits to part one. While I get a chuckle out of characters similar names sometimes, because life does that, clarity is the better call in literature. Three 'J' names is too much. The older sister is no longer Janice but Candace. Hopefully not too confusing as you read part two.

Sides Effects May Include... (part 2)
by Au Goose
Last edit: 14 Apr 2020 01:05 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Ravens_ghost, Lulu, sarahsilver, Heronimus

• AuGoose
More
25 Dec 2016 00:07 - 14 Apr 2020 01:13 #51879 by AuGoose
Nothing like a deadline to motivate you! :cheer:

Sides Effects May Include... (part 3)
by Au Goose
Last edit: 14 Apr 2020 01:13 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Raa, slim36, Revan, Lulu, McVee, Engineered-Sorcery, Heronimus

• AuGoose
More
25 Dec 2016 02:29 #51880 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
Can only hope there's enough secret sauce for the sister to have a chance

More
25 Dec 2016 02:39 #51881 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)

slim36 wrote: Can only hope there's enough secret sauce for the sister to have a chance

Well, the first time it happened, some water from the pool was able to be used for one repeat elsewhere before it got too diluted, so if they can either take some of the water to another pool or refill and chlorinate that one without Superbrat interfering....

And if that fails, she apparently has a vial of Magic Eight-Ball she's been waffling over.

More
25 Dec 2016 03:00 #51883 by AuGoose
With the holiday bearing down on us I'm gonna put a freeze on any more race-the-deadline 'speed-scribbling' and eat some amazing food my family drop-shipped to my winter nesting grounds (oh, my, God.... SO YUMMY).

I'm really pleased folks are enjoying the new tale and taking an interest in possible twists and turns. Its always nice to get written feedback and to see both the usual suspects and rare birds in the 'thank you's. I sometimes wonder about the ratio between plot and happyfun sexytime in my stories (and the works of others -- because studying is learning). In particular I'm curious how part 2 went over. I want people to feel like there's a point to reading some of the background and casual interaction between the characters outside the Goose-gasmic uberfication scenes :woohoo:. From the writing side it can be hard to tell if you've struck a good balance in the eyes of the audience.

But if you just want to skip to the good stuff, I wouldn't blame you. I like that part too ;).

• AuGoose
More
25 Dec 2016 17:53 - 14 Apr 2020 01:21 #51886 by AuGoose
We're still up and running so it's a good thing the Muse kept me up all night!

Sides Effects May Include... (part 4)
by Au Goose

This message has an attachment image.

Last edit: 14 Apr 2020 01:21 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, koopa, Revan, Monty, Engineered-Sorcery

• AuGoose
More
26 Dec 2016 14:37 #51900 by Monty
In the re-write of part two it was clever to see candice's bf experiences (car's booming music / windows shaking) when all along it was Jessie's transformation starting in the background from part three. Very Tarantino/Pulp Fiction-esque in mixing scenes around!

More
27 Dec 2016 05:12 - 27 Dec 2016 05:14 #51910 by AuGoose

Monty wrote: In the re-write of part two it was clever to see candice's bf experiences (car's booming music / windows shaking) when all along it was Jessie's transformation starting in the background from part three. Very Tarantino/Pulp Fiction-esque in mixing scenes around!

Now there is a flattering comparison :). Yeah, I wanted to have that kind of "what the fuck is that over her shoulder?" moment with Candace and Justin together in the house and Jessie splashing around out back.

Working on part 5 now. Paused for a little Daz3D amusement. The reality is I can't make a figure that completely encompasses the overwhelming presence Jessie exudes, which comes from the grace of her movements as much or more than the bounty of her measurements. It's one of those places where words still beat pictures :). And the board's not equipped for mind-melting pheromone smell-o-vision (thankfully... or I'd never get anything done). But like the sculptor going in knowing he's doomed to failure, I can at least try :).

Still, you might prefer to skip these and keep the Superbrat purely in the realms of your imagination ;).

NSFW~

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 27 Dec 2016 05:14 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, koopa, jnw550, gotham_knight, Monty, guimachajo1

• AuGoose
More
27 Dec 2016 14:39 - 14 Apr 2020 01:54 #51920 by AuGoose
Ok, this is in some respects the most grisly thing I've written since Zoe gnaws on a rapist's face. Be warned: not a "cute" evil supergirl. Still with Jessie the focus is always going to be on the meanness, not the violence. The violence is simply a manifestation of the former. And what used to be petty meanness now has the leverage to be legendary meanness.

Sides Effects May Include... (part 5)
by Au Goose
Last edit: 14 Apr 2020 01:54 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, koopa, Ravens_ghost, Revan, TheRo, Monty

• AuGoose
More
29 Dec 2016 15:32 - 14 Apr 2020 02:11 #51968 by AuGoose
This one feels a little rushed, but I'm gonna post it anyway and sand it down in edits later. Mostly enjoying the momentum, as I have nearly all my remaining scenes planed out and the climax is actually already written down. A beginning and an end in hand? Nice. Now for some middling!

Sides Effects May Include... (part 6)
by Au Goose
Last edit: 14 Apr 2020 02:11 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: koopa, ChaozCloud, jnw550, Monty, Engineered-Sorcery

• AuGoose
More
29 Dec 2016 16:18 - 29 Dec 2016 17:04 #51970 by Monty
Feeling sorry for Candace now. She nearly had it all. You CAN be cruel Goose! (Almost as cruel as Jessie). It's interesting how that reaction came from the reader. Hope you can rectify / remedy poor Candi's situ...
Last edit: 29 Dec 2016 17:04 by Monty.

More
29 Dec 2016 18:53 #51976 by koopa
Replied by koopa on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
My god, "Side Effect" might be the best Christmas present of this year for me !

I can't help but fall for the evil one and Jesse is precisely my favorite target for superpowers infusion : spoiled, rich, uncaring and incredibly hot!!

Nice touch for the fan the way you integrated the Cloud-9 and 8-ball into your current AUGoose universe by referencing the Deniken sisters...

Right from part 1, describing Jesse and the relationship dynamic between the two sisters you had me hooked.
But that part 3... I was happily surprised with the switch to Jesse POV. I was feeling that you were about to unleash upon us your signature UBER-UP sequence and man was I right! This transformation part striked me hard, on a "Best day ever" level of hard! I told you many times now but it's really incredible how you manage to craft those detailed, organic, vivid, breathtaking, orgasmic uberification sequence!

And this last part... all this writing set-up for Candace powering up robbed from her at the last moment by Jesse, was the best homage to Marknew stories I can think of.

Can't wait to see how Jesse will end up when she'll be done r(e)aping this intriguing blue strand of power of all of its juicy power.

I also want to say that the 3d renders you made and especially Jesse in this two-pieces bikini really made my imagination spinning and adds a new layer of visual hotness to your story.

Thank you for this amazing work, Santa Goose has been really good to us this year!

More
29 Dec 2016 23:01 #51979 by Monty
Goose, I've just spotted something about the older sister and a certain number... Don't want to hit a potential spoiler - I may be way off track anyway!

More
30 Dec 2016 07:47 #51982 by AuGoose

Monty wrote: Goose, I've just spotted something about the older sister and a certain number... Don't want to hit a potential spoiler - I may be way off track anyway!

Clever, but no. I renamed Janice to Candace because I liked the sound of the name, it seemed sufficiently fru-fru for the daughter of a wealthy white family living in the moneyed part of the LA Basin, and because several of the meanings for her name seemed charmingly appropriate without being full-on prophetic.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Candace

Now their family name? That is prophetic ;).

Also, while I don't generally post to only call out edits, I will say there's a somewhat substantial addition to the end of part six I posted just now. Start from the moment the Eight-Ball gets used if you want to skip directly to the changes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jnw550

• AuGoose
More
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds