Amount

Superwoman in Billion Dollar Limited

28 Sep 2009 05:44 #16823 by Dr. Muttonchops
Superwoman in Billion Dollar Limited was created by Dr. Muttonchops
Up in the sky,look!" "It's a bird!" "It's a plane!" "It's Superwoman!"

Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall
buildings in a single bound! This amazing stranger from the planet Krypton! The Woman
of Steel:Superwoman! Posessing remarkable physical strength,Superwoman fights a never
ending battle for truth and justice! Disguised as a mild mannered newspaper reporter,
Clara Kent!

The Daily Planet's headline read "Billion Dollars In Gold Enroute To Mint" "Largest
Single Shipment of Gold Ever Attempted - By Louis Lane" a sub read "Daily Planet Star
Reporter Louis Lane to Accompany Gold Transport" Stalwart officers carrying Tommy
Guns were poised throughout the train station as fellow officers loaded the glimmering
bars onto a car. A few cars up,Clara Kent was standing on the platform as Louis boarded
his car. "Sorry I can't go with you,Louis. But I have another story to cover." she said
regretfully. "Oh,that's all right Clarybelle. I'll see you in the office." Louis said
with a teasing smirk,before he entered the car. Clara hated how he sometimes used a silly
version of her full first name,but she grinned and beared it. As one of the last armored
cars left the scene,it passed a nonchalant looking red car,but inside the car,trouble was
brewing! several men donned hoods and readied the guns they had with them. The driver then
pulled a lever,and armor plating covered the windows and the engine! Finally,the last
shipment of gold was loaded onto the train,and the doors were closed. As the guards
boarded their car,and the conducter called "All aboard!" Clara took her hat off and
waved to Louis through the car's window with it as he waved back. As Clara stepped back,
The armor plated car zoomed after the train,nearly running Clara over! As Clara jumped
out of the way just in time,she adjusted her tie and wondered "What was that all about?"

As the train passed by a deserted area,the armored vehicle passed by it on a dirt road.
Two of the hooded criminals jumped onto the train and as they climbed up to the roof,one
of the thugs unhooked the tendon from the officers car,leaving it behind. As the
police cabin slowed to a stop,one officer ran to the front of the cabin and began firing
his machine gun after the thugs,but in vain. The thieves then ran on the roof from car
to car to the front of the train. The engineer was blowing the whistle,as a guard with a
machine gun stood beside him. The thugs entered the cabin,and one pulled the engineer
away,while the other wrestled with the guard. One of the robbers and the engineer tumbled
out of the train as they fought,and as the other thug battled the guard,the guard's gun
went off,which startled Louis,and drew him away from his typewriter and towards the
front. As the train went over a bridge,the fight between the robber and the officer
intensified,then suddenly,they got too close to the doorway and fell from the train and
plummeted over the bridge to their doom! The armor plated car drove up to the front as
Louis reached the engine room. As Louis attempted to fiddle with the controls,machine gun
fire roared into the cabin! Louis ducked to avoid the deadly onslaught and found the
officer's machine gun next to him on the floor,taking it in his hands,he aimed it out the
window at the car,and fired a volley of bullets at it,but the bullets just bounced off
it's armored exterior,the train went through a tunnel and the armored car was forced to
take a side road. At a train station,an employee saw the train approaching and waved his
red "stop" lantern at it,but the train just blew past him,he then ran into his office
and began tapping a message on his Morse key,all around,stations that recieved his
message put their stop lights on and put their drawbridges down to accomadate the runaway
locomotive.

At the Daily Planet,several employees were gathered around a ticker that read "Billion
Dollar Limited Running Wild" Among the employees was Clara Kent,whose face became a rock
hard monument of dedication,as she knew that she must save the day! She stepped out of
the office declaring "This looks like a job for Superwoman!" Clara walked out to the
loading area and got behind some boxes and took her glasses off,let her hair down,and
stripped her outer clothing off,and walked out revealed as Superwoman! Superwoman then
flew skyward towards her destination!

On a dirt road,the criminals armored car had sped ahead of the train to some tracks,and
one of the crooks got out and pulled a lever on a switch track that let to a boxcar
marked "DANGER:EXPLOSIVES"! Around this time,Superwoman had located the train,and looked
ahead to see the switch track leading to the explosive car. She then flew down and lifted
the tracks right off the ground and put them on the clear track as the train sped by.
One of the crooks pointed to The Woman Of Steel and exclaimed to his partner, "It's
Superwoman!" they then got back into the car and drove after the train. Superwoman flew
up onto the trains roof and began running to the engine room,when a tunnel cut out of
a mountain approached! With a mighty leap,Superwoman jumped over the large mass of rock
and landed back on top of the train! Just ahead,the crooks had planted dynamite on a
bridge,and pressed the detonating plunger down,and the massive bridge crumbled and
collapsed,causing the train to plunge to the ground a thousand feet below! Superwoman
jumped to the ground and caught the train as it fell,it's weight resting on her powerful
shoulders! She then lept upwards with the train on her back,until she and the large front
of the locomotive landed on the other side of the chasm where the tracks continued,she
then flew back at superspeed to the back of the train,and put it safely back on the
tracks as well! The persistant criminals sped up beside the train again,and one of them
took a silver,rocket shaped bomb and pulled a trigger on it,causing it to spark to life,
he then threw it at the train's smokestack and it landed sideways on top of it!
Superwoman saw this and rushed over to the smokestack but was not quick enough,and the
bomb fell inside the train just as she grabbed at it,she went over to the window and
pulled Louis out of the train and flew him away from the danger just as the engine
exploded in a fireball! The oblitarated engine and coal car fell off the bridge the train
was crossing and into the water below. Without an engine to guide it,the rest of the cars
slid back down the hill. Having set Louis down at a safe area,Superwoman flew back to the
train. Upon grabbing the train,Superwoman began slowly pulling the massive vehicle up the
hill again with her amazing physical strength! The robbers weren't through yet,though.
Upon pulling up a few yards away from the train they got out and took out a box of tear
gas grenades,and began hurling them at the heroine! Superwoman began to sputter and cough.
When this didn't satisfy the men,they hurled the entire box of grenades at her, Superwoman
then briefly lost her grip on the locomotive,but she quickly regained it and worked her
way back up the hill at a greater amount of speed,showing her superpowered resolve! The
men then took out their machine guns,and began firing at Superwoman,but the bullets merely
bounced off The Maiden Of Might's powerful chest! Superwoman and the train blew past the
villains. Superwoman ran with the train behind her over bridges and through countrysides,
until finally she arrived at the U.S. Mint's train depot,upon stopping the train there,
she flew off to see to Louis and the criminals,just as the Mint's guards came upon the
train.

The next day,the Planet's headlines read "Superwoman Saves Billion Dollar Gold Shipment"
"After Bringing Masked Gangsters To Justice,Superwoman Disappears. Public Mystified"
"Story By Louis Lane". At Louis' desk Clara was looking over the copy of the Planet
saying "Uncanny how Superwoman turns up just when you need her." "I didn't even get a
chance to thank her." Louis said regretfully with a look of longing on his face. Clara
just turns to us and smiles heroically.

THE END

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Dr. Muttonchops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Sep 2009 08:31 #16827 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Superwoman in Billion Dollar Limited
*Sigh* I admit that your stories are nice, but unfortunatly I can't appreciate them 100% since the Fleischer's Superman cartoon wasn't part of my childhood at all, so I completly lose the nostalgia element. But a good work anyway.

More
29 Sep 2009 09:53 #16845 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Re: Superwoman in Billion Dollar Limited
I admit that I also don't get the element of nostalgia. I do enjoy these though, and I love the line "a rock hard monument of dedication".

More
29 Sep 2009 14:53 #16851 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Thanks!
Sorry that you guys don't get the nostalgia,but thanks for the kudos on that line,I think really hard about how I can describe Clara's passionate expression. :wink:

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Dr. Muttonchops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds