Amount

A Woman's Job

08 Jan 2010 23:57 #17936 by Dr. Muttonchops
A Woman's Job was created by Dr. Muttonchops
Just a short, funny little story that I thought up. Forgive me if someone has already done something like this.

"So long, folks! And thanks for all the money!" One of the masked robbers said to the patrons
of the bank as they raced out with sacks of money. As they headed for their getaway car,
however, there came a woman's mighty shout from the heavens. "Hold it right there, you ruffians!"
As the two men looked up to the sky, a tall, beautiful woman with short, blonde hair, a
slender and athletic build, a black eye mask, a short, white bathing suit-like leotard with
a scarlet "A" emblazened on the chest, white boots and a light blue cape descended and
landed with graceful ease, placing her hands on her hips, and staring defiantly at them.
"Aw, cripes! It's Amaza!" One of the brutish thugs exclaimed. "Hurry, Let her have it, Lance!"
One robber said to the other, as the two goons brandished their revolvers, and opened fire
at the gorgeous solitary figure. The lumps of burning lead merely bounced off her magnificent
and abundant chest, with barely a ripple of impact on her semi exposed bosom, and launched
back at the men, who ducked to avoid the rounds of ammunition. Her facial expression never
changed from the hardened look of determination it had held. "Quick, let's split up!" Lance
said to his partner in crime, as the terrified men ran off in different directions. At this
time, the getaway driver also took off. However, Amaza just smiled and said "Easy work." to
herself, as she rose to the sky, and chased after one of the men, she easily overtook him,
and picked him up by the collar of his shirt. Making him drop his sacks of stolen loot in
the process "Hey you dumb broad! Let me down!" The man screamed. "My, that's no way to talk
to a lady!" Amaza scolded, and struck him over the head with her free hand. "Ow! Okay, okay,
I'm sorry." The man apologized. Amaza then flew to the other man and grabbed him as well.
"Now, let's find your other little friend!" the powerful woman proposed. Using her brilliant
mind, she remembered the exact model and year of the car, she quickly located it. "Oh, there
he is!" She said, and swooped down in front of it, with her palm outstretched. The driver
tried to slam on the brakes, but it was too late, the car smashed into Amaza's hand. The
force from the impact was so great, that it sent the entire motor from the engine, into the
backseat! The impact also slammed the driver's head against the steering wheel, knocking him
out cold. Amaza however, didn't suffer one single scratch! "Well, that takes care of him! Now,
what do you say we go to the police, boys?" The statuesque heroine asked the men. "Yes! Oh,
yes! That'll be fine with us!" the two robbers nervously shouted in unison. "Alright then,
buckle up!" she ordered, as she opened the back door, and threw both of the crooks in, the
men did as they were told. Amaza then reached under the car, got a firm grip, and with no
effort whatsoever, lifted the entire vehicle over her head, before taking to the sky, as a
small crowd that had begun to form, applauded and cheered her. She turned and waved at them
with her free hand while giving them a broad, cheerful smile, as she soared through the sky.

She landed with the car, right outside the police station, as the dumbstruck police emerged,
Amaza said "Afternoon, Officers! I have a feeling these men have a story to tell you about
a bank they just robbed. I must be going, farewell!" the mighty heroine said as she zoomed
from the ground, to the clouds. "She's quite a lady, isn't she?" a young officer asked his
much older superior, as the dragged the crooks from the car. "She certainly is, rookie!"
The old officer responded with a smile.

Upon landing at a discreet area where she had left her clothes, a plain, white blouse with
a blue ribbon, a dark blue skirt, and black heels, she put her street clothes on, and
removed her mask, then, she approached her house, a nice, two story building in the suburbs,
and went inside, about a few minutes later, her husband Henry walked in the door "Hello,
dear, how was work?" she asked sweetly. "Oh, the same old thing, anything exciting happen
while I was gone?" he asked. "Oh, no. Things were pretty much the same here as well." She
said with a confident smirk. Just then, the couple's five year old son, Dennis, came bursting
through the door with a baseball bat in his hand, as he ran towards his room, shouting "If
Mr. Wilson calls and says I hit a ball through his window, it's not true!" Alice Mitchell
just rolled her eyes and sighed as she thought to herself "If only I had the power to make
him stay out of trouble!"

THE END

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Dr. Muttonchops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Jan 2010 11:22 #17938 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: A Woman's Job
A nice little short, definitly enjoyable.

More
10 Jan 2010 12:06 #17939 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Re: A Woman's Job
I did find that amusing. I do enjoy stories where the superheroine's family has no clue about her alter-ego. I wonder what Dennis's reaction would be to meeting Amaza or finding out that she is his mother.

More
10 Jan 2010 17:26 #17940 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Thanks!
Well, thanks for the kind words, everyone! And JKIJ, well he would be "Amazed" to say the least! :D

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Dr. Muttonchops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Jan 2010 18:20 #17941 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: A Woman's Job
Yes, that was fun. Of course, the last paragraph could have gone any number of ways, revealing that Amaza is June Cleaver, or Carol Brady, or the girl in The Big Bang Theory ...

Dr. m, would it be okay with you if people posted their "alternate endings" to your story?

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds