Amount

Space Ghost in The Female Ghost

21 Jan 2010 20:38 #18020 by Dr. Muttonchops
Space Ghost in The Female Ghost was created by Dr. Muttonchops
Here's a little story based on the 1960's animated Hanna Barbera hero Space Ghost, this idea was based on a suggestion from my pal, Argonaut.
Enjoy! :D

"Ghost Planet in sight, Master." a subserviant announced, his bulging, compound eyes unmoving
from the starcraft's view screen. "Thank you, Golnor. The anticipation of the taste of sweet
revenge is beginning to wet my beak!" The evil mantis Zorak hissed, his pincers rubbing
together, as he sat in the captain's seat. "My retribution for the mighty Space Ghost's
disarming of my many plans to destroy shall finally come to fruition!" The mad insect
dictator growled.

"Space Ghost, my sensors are detecting a massive wave of ships approaching in the north-
eastern direction. I've tried to reach them by radio, but they won't respond!" Jan, an
attractive young woman with a short, blonde ponytail and striking blue eyes beneath a black
eyemask, reported to her caretaker, Space Ghost, a tall, muscular man, dressed in a white
leotard a yellow cape, and a black mask that covered most of his stonelike face. "Thanks
for the information, Jan, but it's nothing to worry about, I'll just take the Phantom
Cruiser out to meet them, and we'll see how much of a threat they pose then!" He stated,
before rushing towards the docking bay, where his sleek ship sat, ready for him. "Be
careful, Space Ghost!" Jan's twin brother Jayce, a brown haired young man, called out.
"Jayce, I've got a bad feeling about this!" Jan told her brother. "I know Jan, I feel the
same way." he replied with a frown.

The booster rockets fired up on the back of the cruiser, as the vehicle blasted out of the
loading dock. A button on the cruiser's control panel lit up, Space Ghost pushed it in,
a monitor lit up, revealing the emerald face of Zorak! "So, Ghost! As you can see, I have
survived our last encounter!" The sinister mantis announced before letting out a hideous
cackle. "I assume you're hear to destroy me, you fiend!" Space Ghost said. "Affirmative,
Ghost, except this time, I shall succeede!" The wretched insect asserted, before shouting
to his men "Open Fire!" A massive laser emitted from each of the lead ship's two cannons.
The cruiser was hit immeadiately, and Space Ghost bailed from his craft and flew towards
the lead ship "Looks like I need to use my battering ram ray!" Space Ghost fired his power
bands, breaking down the front door to the ship. Once inside, Space Ghost was surrounded
by mantis soldiers wielding laser rifles. "Stand back, men! I want to take him myself!"
said Zorak, standing threateningly in the middle of the room, wielding a powerful looking
weapon strapped to his arm. "This, Space Ghost, is the Githinal laser of the Emporer Zargaal.
It has just as much power and accuracy as your power bands do, he loaned it to me just so I
could finish you off! Which I shall now do!!" Zorak shouted and charged Space Ghost, the
masked crusader did not have enough time to react as Zorak's laser zapped him, electricity
surged through Space Ghost's body as he moaned in agony. Zorak laughed wildly as he attempted
to turn the power up further. "I've got to get out of here!" Space Ghost thought to himself.
He mustered the last strength he had left, and dove towards the Ghost Planet! "Master,
shouldn't we follow him?" One of the mantis men asked. "No, let him return, he already
recieved a full blast from the beam, it was fatal, he'll die soon. My mission is accomplished!
Now let's move out!" Zorak ordered, the fleet of ships then retreated.

Jan, Jayce and Blip stood on the docking bay, awaiting Space Ghost's return, when they saw
a distant object falling from the sky. "Look, Jayce, what is that?" Jan asked, fear coming
into her voice. "I don't know Jan, but it's falling fast!" Jayce replied, terror seizing
him as well. Blip let out a series of suprised squeaks, as the object drew closer, Jan came
to a frightful conclusion "Goodness! It's Space Ghost!" She exclaimed. Space Ghost's limp
body crashed to the floor in front of them! "Space Ghost!" the twins shouted in horror!

Outside the medical room, a robotic doctor solmenly told the two, "I've done all I can do,
You may say goodbye, if you wish." The two siblings walked into the room, their faces hung
down in sorrow. Space Ghost lay unmasked on the examining table, his matted black hair stuck
to his sweat drenched forehead. "We're so sorry we couldn't be there for you, Space Ghost."
Jan said with aching depression in her voice. Suddenly, Space Ghost's eyes opened a fraction.
"Jayce, could you please wait in the next room? I have something to discuss with Jan." he
said with a whispering voice. "Anything you say, Space Ghost." Jayce replied softly, and
walked out the door. Space Ghost then motioned for Jan to come closer. He then spoke to her
quietly "Jan, now that the time has come for me to depart, I have to choose a succesor to
take over for me in my battle for justice. Your brother cannot fill this criteria, as he is
irresponsible, and is always avoiding his studies, whilst you Jan, are the opposite, so I
have chosen you!" "Me?!" Jan asked suprised. "Yes, Jan." Space Ghost replied with a weak
smile, before changing his countenance back to a frown "Your first order of business is to
bring that green fiend Zorak to justice! I know you can do it, Jan! Make me proud!" Space
Ghost said with another faint smile as he began to fade away. Jan fought back tears as she
said "I will, Space Ghost, I will!" with confidence in her voice.

After Space Ghost's body was fired out into space, his costume was left behind. When Jan
tried it on, it didn't quite fit. "Hmm, looks like I'll have to fill this thing out."
she thought to herself. She then went on a fierce training regimine, lifting weights,
running, and doing other exercises. Soon, her formerly small muscles had increased their
volume, her biceps bulged with uncanny might when she flexed them, the same went for her
chest, abdomen, hips, behind, thighs, legs and ankles, she was truly a powerful sight to
behold! Now, when she tried on the costume, it fit snugly, showing off her tight, muscular
physique! "Yes! I truly am a crimefighter now!" Jan said with unbridled elation, then her
demeanor became serious as she pulled the black hood-like mask over her face and said "Now,
to track down Zorak!"

In a castle on a secluded planet, Zorak and his minions raised glasses of wine. "To a life
without the wretched Space Ghost!" he called out. "Hear Hear!" The mantis chorus chimed in
response. "Now that it's been a month and no one has come after us, I should say that we're
in the clear, and free to carry out more dasterdly schemes!" He announced. "Don't be so
sure!" A mighty female voice shouted. The entire roof caved in as the powerful figure crashed
into the room. "What the.. Space Ghost?! It can't be!!" Zorak yelled, before noticing the
rather pronounced breasts behind the skintight costume. "Wait a moment, you're not Space
Ghost! You're a woman!" he exclaimed. "I'm the new Space Ghost!" Jan replied heroically.
"And you'll find that I'm even more powerful than my predecessor!" "You may be the new Space
Ghost, but you'll die just the same! Get her!" Zorak ordered his men. They opened fire with
their laser guns, but Jan just deflected them with her hand! The lasers hit the guns and
fried them, the mantis men dropped the hot guns in pain, then Space Ghost flew to them, and
struck them with heavy blows, the manti went flying everywhere, with each mighty punch and
kick! Zorak then strapped the Githinal laser to his arm, and said "Farewell once again,
Space Ghost!" before firing! In a flash, Space Ghost pushed the destructo ray and buttering
ram ray buttons on her power bands, saying "Not again, you evil insect!" The ray swallowed
up Zorak's and blew his raygun to smithereens, burning his hand. Space Ghost stood
triumphantly over a reeling Zorak, asking "Now, will you come along quietly?" with the air
of a conquering queen. "Of course." Zorak said, a smirk crossing his beak. Suddenly, he
pulled a small, sharp knife out of his boot and thrust it at Space Ghost, she expertly
dodged it, and grabbed him by his neck and pinned him to the ground, she then slammed her
fist down hard on his head, sending it through the rotting wooden floor. "Well, Space Ghost,
I brought him to justice." Jan said to herself. Space Ghost then lifted Zorak and the entire
mantis clan on her shoulder and flew outside to one of their ships, and squeezed the whole
group inside. "Sorry to treat you like a pack of sardines, boys, but you had this coming!"
She then lifted the ship over her head effortlessly and flying off.

She landed back at the Ghost Planet, with an astonished Jayce looking on. "Jan, is that you?
Where were you?" he asked in a suprised voice. "Oh, I was just taking Zorak and his men to
prison. And actually, Jayce, it's Space Ghost now. He entrusted me with his legacy!" She
joyfully announced. "What?! But that's not fair! Why didn't he ask me?!" Jayce asked angrily.
"Well, if you had been more responsible, like me, maybe he would have!" Jan said with a
touch of superiority. "B-but I'm two minutes older than you! I should be the hero!" Jayce
protested. "Oh, don't worry, brother dear, I'll be there to protect you." Jan said in a
reassuring voice "Because I am the mighty SPAAAACE GHOOOOST!" She yelled heroically to
the stars above!

THE END

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Dr. Muttonchops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Jan 2010 04:29 #18032 by yaracyrrah
Replied by yaracyrrah on topic Re: Space Ghost in The Female Ghost
Go J--I mean, Go Space Ghost!!

More
23 Jan 2010 21:46 #18042 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Space Ghost in The Female Ghost
Thanks, Dr. M! Your "little stories" are always enjoyable. It was fun to see how you took my suggestion and ran with it. Looking forward to whatever you cook up for us next.

More
24 Jan 2010 08:29 #18045 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Space Ghost in The Female Ghost
Nice, now I expect something about Herculoids or the Teen Force to complete the picture. Really your short are very enjoyable to read.

More
25 Jan 2010 23:44 #18065 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Thanks!
Once again everyone, thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. But unfortunately I will not be continuing this 60's-70's cartoon retooling, as I'm going to get my feet wet with a different genre of superheroine story. Check back often to find out what it is.

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Apr 2010 08:49 #18771 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Space Ghost in The Female Ghost
I just stumbled upon this image on Heromorph, I think it looks perfect for the story (even if a little too skinny).

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
16 Apr 2010 16:55 #18772 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Nice!
Hey, nice find, Anon! The face is a little too creepy looking for my tastes, but I shouldn't complain, as it looks very professional, kudos to whoever did it!

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds