Amount

Mighty Honey!

23 Jan 2012 12:35 #26002 by Captain Marbles
Mighty Honey! was created by Captain Marbles
Part 1

Part 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Captain Marbles
  • Captain Marbles's Avatar Topic Author
More
23 Jan 2012 15:44 #26003 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Mighty Honey!
This post explain perfectly what bugs me about some of these Japanese productions. They usually spend a good chunk of time to showcase how awesome the titual heroine is, only to put her into a really horrible peril/rape situation in the second part. As much as I can understand the "whys" behind the idea of peril I can't help but disliking the entire genre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MisterK

More
23 Jan 2012 19:55 #26004 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Re: Mighty Honey!
We appear to be stuck with the 'peril' genre, which is too bad. It's still nice to see the 'awesome' parts in short YouTube bursts, and I really wish there was a similar-quality American equivalent.

More
23 Jan 2012 22:41 #26006 by nextglobalcrisis
Replied by nextglobalcrisis on topic Re: Mighty Honey!
I bought this and enjoyed it. I think the girl is very pretty, nice costume too. I am in some agreement with the above posts. About 20% of the time she is winning and 80% in trouble. I would like to see it nearer 50/50. Personally I don't think there would be any drama at all if she were winning or losing the whole time.

American equivalent to this? Not sure. English equivalent? Next Global Crisis. In fact the female characters are much stronger in NGC than anything the Japanese make. Too bad it gets written off as peril here too often.

• nextglobalcrisis
More
24 Jan 2012 01:32 #26008 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Re: Mighty Honey!
I suppose they need some drama, although I prefer a fight scene against a strong opponent to getting cheaply disabled and raped, which is what happens nearly all the time in these things.

Still, I can deal with it so long as she escapes and turns the tables in the end, although that rarely happens in a non Zen production.

More
24 Jan 2012 08:54 #26010 by Berkhart
Replied by Berkhart on topic Re: Mighty Honey!
I love the first 30 seconds or so, where the thug's punch has no effect on her, followed by the casual, yet super, shove.

All hail Mighty Honey! :)

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds