Amount

Summer Workshop winner announcement

01 Nov 2013 01:11 #33944 by fats
Hi all,

Well the workshop is over, and I need to announce the winner, but there is a problem there is in fact two winners of the summer short workshop.

So please give a big hand to Solaris aka Camille Samantha Jones and DKC aka d_k_c both entries garnered the greatest number of votes 12 for each out of a tight group of eight entries. This was the first short workshop that had the new 2000 word limit, and I have to say it has worked better than I expected, the stories had depth and showed a true level of detail that the 1000 word limit did not allow.

So a well done to all who entered, and I hope that you will enter the next workshop.

Speaking of the next workshop, I have a little surprise, the summer workshop will not be the last of the year, I thought that a little Xmas workshop might be a good idea to finish off the year.

This Xmas workshop has a few rules: -
  1. No word limit, you can make it as big or as small as you want
  2. You can't kill santa
  3. You must include someone from the site in the story

That’s all the rules you need to worry about. Deadline for the workshop is the 23rd December. Lets make this workshop a fun one to end the year.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Camille Jones

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Nov 2013 16:32 #33955 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Summer Workshop winner announcement
Congratulations to the winners. Does this mean that they will have to agree on a theme for the next short workshop, or will we have a choice of two themes?

I guess I'm going to have to do some rewrites on my story: "How Superwoman and Faora teamed up to kill Santa and nobody from SWM was there."

- GeekSeven

More
02 Nov 2013 04:47 #33960 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Summer Workshop winner announcement
So what does someone from the site mean?

and what about father Christmas?

More
02 Nov 2013 11:28 #33962 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Summer Workshop winner announcement

castor wrote: So what does someone from the site mean?

and what about father Christmas?

maybe i should expand on that.

what i mean by someone from the site, pick a person for example njae and integrate them in to the storyline, they could be good or bad, it's up to you, they can be super or normal, the idea behind it is to offer an element in to the story that ties it to the site, remember this is a fun workshop, one to let your hair down.

on the matter of not killing Father Christmas, that's another fun element for those who want to write an evil superwomen story.

Fats

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Nov 2013 20:25 #33963 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Summer Workshop winner announcement
I was reading some past WS stories, some where it was Concept vs Marknew vs Julie....And I have no idea who won. Is there a way to highlight the winning stories of days past?

More
02 Nov 2013 21:05 - 02 Nov 2013 21:10 #33964 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Summer Workshop winner announcement

d_k_c wrote: I was reading some past WS stories, some where it was Concept vs Marknew vs Julie....And I have no idea who won. Is there a way to highlight the winning stories of days past?

Anon and I looked into a way for that and eventually came up with the tag "Workshop Winner" that was added to - you guessed it - the winners of the workshop. So if you look at the overview for the workshop in question, the winning story is "marked" by having that tag.

If you want to see all workshop winners, all you need is to look for the stories with the matching tag... Or follow this link

Apparently the newest workshops have to be updated that way as the latest story with the tag is the winner of the winter 2013 workshop.
Edit: I see that the second story (the three parts of Ultimate Crisis Prelude) that won the Fall 2011 workshop was forgotten as well there...
Last edit: 02 Nov 2013 21:10 by njae.

More
02 Nov 2013 21:13 #33965 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Summer Workshop winner announcement

geekseven wrote: I guess I'm going to have to do some rewrites on my story: "How Superwoman and Faora teamed up to kill Santa and nobody from SWM was there."

At least you won't have to worry about word length.

More
02 Nov 2013 21:17 #33966 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Summer Workshop winner announcement
Very cool! Thank you for that

More
04 Nov 2013 17:59 #34001 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Summer Workshop winner announcement
All the winners are now tagged. I apologize to G7 for not noticing the lack of tags on his entries earlier.

More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds