Amount

Xmas Workshop

27 Nov 2013 01:25 #34462 by Dru1076
Xmas Workshop was created by Dru1076
I was thinking yesterday about the workshops, and vaguely recalled something about a special Christmas workshop announced when the winners of the last one were announced. It took me ages to find the forum post, so I thought I'd remind everyone about it.

There's no word limit on this one. For a theme you must include in the story a member of the SWM forum, and keep in mind: You can't kill Santa!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dru1076
  • Dru1076's Avatar Topic Author
More
27 Nov 2013 04:38 #34463 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Xmas Workshop
Not the biggest fan of the theme....gonna have to pass. Think it would have worked a lil better, if the story...in some way or form revolved around Christmas or New years, and just left it at that

More
27 Nov 2013 05:19 #34464 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Xmas Workshop
Well its obvious. The writers of Super Woman Mania have to save christmas.

More
27 Nov 2013 05:47 #34465 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Xmas Workshop
C'mon Donk...I'd hate to see you miss out on the chance of three in a row. As one of our most talented and popular writers, I'm sure you could come up with something. Use me if you can't think of anyone else. You can kill me off if you like, just don't make me gay...

But don't sweat it, dude. As winner of the last two workshops you'll have a lot more say in the themes for upcoming workshops in 2014:

• Dru1076
More
27 Nov 2013 07:19 #34467 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Xmas Workshop
I'm sorry but I'm sitting this one out too. First of all I'm not a much fan of Xmas stories in general, although occasionaly I got plesantly surprised. Second I'm not keen on the fact that this workshop theme was imposed from above, nstead of giving the winner (DKC) the choice as usual.

More
27 Nov 2013 07:31 - 27 Nov 2013 07:33 #34468 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic Xmas Workshop
Anon.."Second I'm not keen on the fact that this workshop theme was imposed from above, nstead of giving the winner (DKC) the choice as usual."

I was kinda wondering that myself. Not trying to start a war, but I think it's only fair that DKC has the voice concerning the Xmas workshop since he won prior. Just sayin.
Last edit: 27 Nov 2013 07:33 by SCOTT R.

More
27 Nov 2013 07:59 - 27 Nov 2013 08:10 #34469 by Dru1076
Dkc won, if I remember it right, the Spring Workshop, and jointly claimed victory in the Summer Workshop with Solaris. As I understand it, that gives him the right to name the Spring theme, and pick one through agreement somehow with Solaris for Summer.

This is, as i understand it, a special christmas workshop, and something of a holiday treat...an experimental holiday treat. As no-one has ever won a Xmas Workshop, who better to pick a theme than Fats? I seriously hope you'll change your minds...
Last edit: 27 Nov 2013 08:10 by Dru1076. Reason: Noobnesss

• Dru1076
More
27 Nov 2013 08:13 #34470 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Xmas Workshop

Dru1076 wrote: Donk won, if I remember it right, the Spring Workshop, and jointly claimed victory in the Summer Workshop with Solaris. As I understand it, that gives him the right to name the Spring theme, and pick one through agreement somehow with Solaris for Summer.

This is, as i understand it, a special christmas workshop, and something of a holiday treat...an experimental holiday treat. As no-one has ever won a Xmas Workshop, who better to pick a theme than Fats? I seriously hope you'll change your minds...

I

That's about how the rules worked but from fats' announcements upon the matter there could be changes about the short workshops in general. Anyway the Christmas workshop seems to be out of the line.

Anyway I won't be joining workshops in general for the time being. For me they don't serve their purpose anymore.

More
27 Nov 2013 08:29 #34471 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Xmas Workshop
I was under the impression that the WS's were out of Sync, and that Fats wanted to continue the WS's at a time where a Spring WS actually fell in line with spring. I think FATS Christmas WS was just something fun to throw in the mix for the interim.

And I'm pretty sure its Solaris that gets to choose the WS

As for WS's serving their purpose....I think the purpose was to encourage more stories. In that regard, I think it was a success.

As for this WS.....I just can't think of a way to creatively end DRU in less than 30 days :P

More
27 Nov 2013 08:49 #34472 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Xmas Workshop
thanthan

d_k_c wrote: I was under the impression that the WS's were out of Sync, and that Fats wanted to continue the WS's at a time where a Spring WS actually fell in line with spring. I think FATS Christmas WS was just something fun to throw in the mix for the interim.

And I'm pretty sure its Solaris that gets to choose the WS

As for WS's serving their purpose....I think the purpose was to encourage more stories. In that regard, I think it was a success.

As for this WS.....I just can't think of a way to creatively end DRU in less than 30 days :P

Well technically you should have been thenone chosing the topic for the fall workshop while both you and Solaris would have to decide the winter one. These workshops are skipped for some reason and I remember the announcement declaring there not to be workshops based on the four seasons.

Anyway three members announcing to skip doesn't exactly say 'encouraging more stories' to me. To me the encouragment would have come through the feedback provided afterwards. Personally I found that lacking, making the workshop less suited than simply submitting a story. But that's just me.

More
27 Nov 2013 08:51 #34473 by Dru1076
Being Australian, and spending my life upside to you Europeans and North Americans, I can't see any way possible to sync a Spring Workshop with the actual season. Don't forget...we're a global outfit, small as it is the SWM membership covers a vast part of globe.

I'd like to see a more positive reception...but then, if I'm the only the writer in the contest I'll finally win a workshop! So...whatever you do...don't you dare write a story for this workshop! It's mine I tell you...mine!!!! YAH-HA-HA-HA!!! (That's my evil laugh...I'll have to work on that...)
The following user(s) said Thank You: pansardum

• Dru1076
More
28 Nov 2013 00:09 #34476 by Kamelmann
Replied by Kamelmann on topic Xmas Workshop
*doesn't normally write much*

*may have been inspired by the theme*

*may have already written my first draft in an hour*

<__<' Sorry Dru, but on the bright side my entry will be predictably terrible so you'll still win. ^__^'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, castor

More
28 Nov 2013 00:12 #34477 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Xmas Workshop

Kamelmann wrote: *doesn't normally write much*

*may have been inspired by the theme*

*may have already written my first draft in an hour*

<__<' Sorry Dru, but on the bright side my entry will be predictably terrible so you'll still win. ^__^'

Its a Christmas Miracle!!

More
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds