Amount

Halloween Poll - Results

13 Nov 2016 16:10 #51227 by fats
Halloween Poll - Results was created by fats
Hi all,

I would like to thank all who entered the workshop, this being our first Halloween workshop made it a little bit special, and because of the well-received interest in the workshop, I can say that it won't be our last Halloween workshop.

So without any further ado here is the results of the first SWM Halloween Workshop.

In first place is Lfan with his story entitled One Halloween Night

in second place is Thedoc9 with his story called Neewollah

and in third is Augoose with his chronicle called “GiVE uS sOMetHiNg GOoD To eAT!”

I would also like to thank GeekSeven, LustMonster, castor, TwiceOnThursdays and Woodclaw for their excellent entries.

As per the rules, Lfan will as workshop winner get to choose the theme of the next workshop wich will happen in February next year.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Nov 2016 20:04 #51231 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Halloween Poll - Results
Congrats LFan. I think this was one of our stronger workshops based on the overall quality of the entries.

- GeekSeven
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
13 Nov 2016 20:29 #51232 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Halloween Poll - Results
Congrats lfan, it was a great story. I think the voting was pretty spot on. It's hard to believe that it's thedoc8's second story here, I actually voted for it to be #1, Lfans' was my #2 choice. (Have to give props to using Wisdom, and not fists to win the day.)

I was really impressed by all the stories, a lot of diversity and every story was good.

I also wanted to thank Woodclaw and Castor for comments on my entry -- they were both really helpful. I think Woodclaw pretty much summed up what was good with it and what really needed work. It was pretty spot on.

I never got around to posting my comments, but after I read Castor and Woodclaws comments on the stories, they all seemed to hit the points I wanted but a bit better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Woodclaw

More
13 Nov 2016 20:33 #51233 by rebel4life
Replied by rebel4life on topic Halloween Poll - Results
Yap, congrats Ifan. Voted for you (late, but better than never) and this is a deserved first place in a strong competition. Also, thanks to the Mods for extending the voting period.

• rebel4life
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Nov 2016 13:20 #51249 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Halloween Poll - Results
Thank so much, guys!

It was a fun story to write but a little rushed (my fault not the deadline), and I wasn't able to incorporate a few things I wanted, but I liked the premise, and I'm glad a lot of you did as well! Working on a redux of it with help from Au Goose. If nothing else, it corrects the myriad of grammatical landmines I had! :P

Wanted to thank my fellow contributors on such a diverse and well-written group of entries. Considering the tight timeframe, the turnaround and quality of entries was quite remarkable, covering a variety of gaffes and concepts. I originally thought we'd get an overwhelming number of "girl puts on magic costume" (which is awesome, BTW) stories, but I have to say the spread and creativity of the stories really surprised me and was really cool.

Thanks again to everyone for their votes and kind comments.

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, SCOTT R, AuGoose, rebel4life

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds