Amount:

Site offline - sunday

04 Aug 2017 19:08 #55693 by fats
fats created the topic: Site offline - sunday
Hi all,

Due to a misbehaving update for the library software, I'm going to take the site offline on Sunday for a few hours, I'm going to upload a tweaked version of the site and it will include the galleries and an updated menu.

I'm thinking of either merging community, my stuff and cool stuff to one menu or just community and my stuff. What're your thoughts?

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • SWM - Administrator
  • SWM - Administrator
More
04 Aug 2017 19:50 #55694 by LustMonster
LustMonster replied the topic: Site offline - sunday
Is it possible to have the menu ribbon expand to two lines if it is too wide for the screen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2017 19:19 #55721 by fats
fats replied the topic: Site offline - sunday
I have not been able to resolve the issues that excist, I'm going to work on this over the week.

Do keep posting, it's only a back end issue the site does work.

fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, slim36, Markiehoe, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • SWM - Administrator
  • SWM - Administrator
More
08 Aug 2017 12:53 #55739 by Woodclaw
Woodclaw replied the topic: Site offline - sunday
One very important note, since this problem impacted the Library software directly we won't be able to upload more stories until it's resolved, I'm very sorry for that :(

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2017 16:42 #55741 by shadar
shadar replied the topic: Site offline - sunday

Woodclaw wrote: One very important note, since this problem impacted the Library software directly we won't be able to upload more stories until it's resolved, I'm very sorry for that :(



Bummer... and I'm less than a week away from having a major story ready to upload.

Should I look at refurbishing my AU site and post it there, with a link from the Forum here?

Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2017 16:56 #55742 by Woodclaw
Woodclaw replied the topic: Site offline - sunday

shadar wrote:

Woodclaw wrote: One very important note, since this problem impacted the Library software directly we won't be able to upload more stories until it's resolved, I'm very sorry for that :(



Bummer... and I'm less than a week away from having a major story ready to upload.

Should I look at refurbishing my AU site and post it there, with a link from the Forum here?

Shadar


It all boils down to how long will it take to rebuild the site. Fats is on it and things are going well. It shouldn't be more than a couple of days delay for you.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2017 17:47 #55743 by fats
fats replied the topic: Site offline - sunday
At the moment there is a conflict between the backup software and the library software, it looks like a conflict in a single php file if it doesn't get resolved by Thursday I'll drop the backup software and change it to another (not as good) software.

Fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • SWM - Administrator
  • SWM - Administrator
More
08 Aug 2017 18:09 #55744 by shadar
shadar replied the topic: Site offline - sunday

fats wrote: At the moment there is a conflict between the backup software and the library software, it looks like a conflict in a single php file if it doesn't get resolved by Thursday I'll drop the backup software and change it to another (not as good) software.

Fats


Cool... I won't be ready to post before the weekend, so that timing sounds great.

PS: I really don't want to refurb my old AU site given it was built using a very old Microsoft tool set (FrontPage) that no longer exists, so I'd have to start over. I'd MUCH rather leverage off your efforts.

Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds