Amount

Strength feats in civil clothes or superhero costume?

04 Apr 2019 00:13 #63593 by Woodclaw

Agent00Soul wrote: Before she was the most powerful hero in the universe, Carol Danvers had to literally change identities if she was going to save the day,  It wasn't just the skimpy costume.

At the time the general assumption was that Ms. Marvel was a completely different personality. In later stories, it turned out that the "Carol Danvers journalist" was actually a coping mechanism she created to deal with the stress of her first transformation.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2019 00:44 #63597 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Strength feats in civil clothes or superhero costume?

Agent00Soul wrote: Before she was the most powerful hero in the universe, Carol Danvers had to literally change identities if she was going to save the day,  It wasn't just the skimpy costume.

this was the start of my prime time for my comic collecting.   It was a good time w Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, and Slider-Woman.

The first few issues if She-Hulk in the Avengers were excellent — being dressed up by Wasp, having to take those clothes off and fight in lingerie, kissing Hawkeye to shut him up...

all prime “woman not in a Costume” material.

and then to have Titania appear in secret wars (first panels are again wo costume) — and Byrne to poach She-Hulk for the FF?

the faux playboy FF  issue is a fantastic costume and non costume mix.  she-Hulk rolling that guy’s safe into a ball?  Priceless.

on my phone else I’d post pictures.

what a glorious age of Comics.  :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
More
04 Apr 2019 03:36 #63603 by Markiehoe
I have to say I was a 70s kid also and I was a fan of the "Liberated" Ladies in their sexy costumes.

I think my favorite was the original Spiderwoman.

For a costume that covered just about every square inch it sure was sexy and holds up well to this day.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Agent00Soul

• Markiehoe
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
04 Apr 2019 04:03 #63605 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Strength feats in civil clothes or superhero costume?
Out of costume, any day of the week. I'm always glad to see it happen in Supergirl, like that scene where she uses a car as a punching bag.

More
04 Apr 2019 12:37 #63611 by Fred9101

steelknight3000 wrote: Out of costume, any day of the week. I'm always glad to see it happen in Supergirl, like that scene where she uses a car as a punching bag.

Do you remember the episode?

• Fred9101
  • Fred9101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
More
04 Apr 2019 13:41 #63614 by lfan

Fred9101 wrote:

steelknight3000 wrote: Out of costume, any day of the week. I'm always glad to see it happen in Supergirl, like that scene where she uses a car as a punching bag.

Do you remember the episode?

it was near the beginning of the first season...the one with Red Tornado......."Seeing Red" maybe?

ElF

More
04 Apr 2019 14:30 #63616 by fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, shadar, jyache, Fred9101

More
04 Apr 2019 17:12 #63618 by shadar
That scene reminds me that Season 1 (pre-CW) was pretty damn good. 

Would have been fun to see her hanging that car up there to be her punching bag though. 

Shadar

More
05 Apr 2019 08:36 #63624 by derekh48
found the supergirl clip i was talking about

The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, TwiceOnThursdays, Fred9101, Gargamel, guimachajo1

More
06 Apr 2019 01:51 #63633 by slim36
Supergirl sleep floating
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Agent00Soul, guimachajo1

More
06 Apr 2019 02:46 #63636 by talk2sparky
For those of you enjoy feats of strength in civilian clothes, you might want to check out Supergirl on 4/21.

“While there, a prison riot breaks out and Kara must find a way to stop the prisoners without revealing her secret identity as Supergirl. ”
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, RD

More
06 Apr 2019 15:38 #63639 by guimachajo1
I love the pitures of supergirl and Carol  danver captain  marvel levitating o  sit indian stile in the air with  civil clothes. She-hulk  lifting to her boyfriend. And Jessica drew spider woman, crawling wall o  walking on the ceiling in civil clothes.

More
06 Apr 2019 18:31 #63640 by shadar
As much as I like civvies, there is a lot of power in an image that involves removing said civvies during a fight to reveal the costume beneath. 

This kind of scene will never get old for me. 

Shadar

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
06 Apr 2019 18:37 #63641 by shadar
And as mentioned below, SG wearing her civvies while floating, legs crossed. Works for me. 

Shadar

More
06 Apr 2019 19:26 - 06 Apr 2019 19:27 #63644 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Strength feats in civil clothes or superhero costume?
This is one of my favorite comissions by Elizabeth Torque of Supergirl wearing a tie-dyed t-shirt.  Lfan used it an an avatar for awhile.

She's since gone on to to do a LOT of covers for Marvel.  I don't know if she even does commissions anymore, she's disappeared from social media and i've not talked to her in years.  Glad I got a few commissions and talked to her back in the day.

Marred only by the fact that she drew actual bullets w/casings  .... which really doesn't bother me except I've had to listen to countless people inform me about it.  *sigh*  (I just say it must be some special ammunition designed to fight supers and someone got ahold of it and is firing it out of rail gun ... hence no need to strike/explode the gun powder.)

I love Streaky hiding in her bag.

So you can see my love for out of costume is real. ;-) Not that I don't do the other side a lot too as I love that too.

For fun, here's another form my commission archive in costume.  I don't think I've posted this here before.  This one's by polarityplus (Daniel MacGregor).  Seems to be only active on tumblr now:

polarityplus.tumblr.com

I really need to start commissioning again...

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 06 Apr 2019 19:27 by TwiceOnThursdays. Reason: fixed wrong word. shakes fist at autocorrect
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, shadar, Agent00Soul, Fred9101

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
More
06 Apr 2019 20:31 - 06 Apr 2019 20:31 #63646 by shadar
Costume or civvies?  A white tunic and a nearly transparent gown, could be either. 

What's cool is the dynamics depicted, what with some kind of superweapon catching her squarely from behind. 

I'm guessing the shooter will fair worse than she will from his shot. 

Shadar

Last edit: 06 Apr 2019 20:31 by shadar.

More
06 Apr 2019 21:05 #63647 by shadar
Another civvies and costume.   This looks like it's about to become a pretty interesting elevator ride. 

Shadar

The following user(s) said Thank You: five_red, Monty, Gargamel

More
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds