Amount

Could the Bionic Woman be coming to the big screen?

08 Nov 2014 15:56 #38945 by AJF
I don't know if anybody here heard the news just announced Mark Wahlberg staring Six Billion Dollar Man film the Weinstein brothers are producing.
It's being produced by Dimension Films with Peter Berg directing for a 2016 realse, with Universal Pictures doing distribution.

I wanted to post about it in this forum because, with SMDM being recreated for the big screen, can an all new Bionic Woman for the big screen be far behind?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
08 Nov 2014 16:26 #38946 by castor
I like the idea of the Bionic Woman. I also think the idea of a cyborg could work better in a movie then A TV Show. but the one real smart thing the short lived NBC revival did was it removed her connection from the 6 million dollar man. Otherwise it feels a bit like a retread.

However this "Million man" movie could be good. The Real problem over the decades with anything Regarding the 6 million dollar man has been it tends to be less about the bioncs and more about-man is this the 70s or what! If they can figure out how to take that out of it(hint: Its not set in the 70s and hes not a blustering leasure suit wearing ashole). Like i said, i like the idea.:) And Walberg is good at doing the kind of understated performance to pull it off. and if it does well maybe we get this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds