Amount

Supergirl: Special Edition on the Way

29 Jan 2006 21:22 #4300 by Rasa
Apparently Warner Brothers is creating special editions of all of the Superman movies and Supergirl. It's not the greatest of movies, but it might be fun to see some additional footage of Helen Slater as the superheroine!

www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/3039/2/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rasa
  • Rasa's Avatar Topic Author
More
30 Jan 2006 12:36 #4308 by YAGS

Apparently Warner Brothers is creating special editions of all of the Superman movies and Supergirl. It's not the greatest of movies, but it might be fun to see some additional footage of Helen Slater as the superheroine!

www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/3039/2/

Forget Supergirl. They mention in this article that they'll be restoring lost scenes from Superman 2!!! We had a conversation here a couple of months ago where a couple of us specifically remember extra scenes of Ursa being evil that aren't on the original DVD version. That's worth the price of admission all by itself.

I just hope I can buy just that one DVD without having to buy a boxed set of all of them. I already bought the boxed set of all 4 Superman movies, and I really don't think the 3rd and 4th ones are worth buying a second time. Heck, now that I watched them once to satisfy my curiousity, I don't think they're worth watching a second time, let alone buying again to get the "special edition". I only bought the boxed set of all 4 because it only cost $5 more than buying just the first 2, and I hadn't seen 3 and 4 since they were new, so I was curious to see if they were really as bad as I remembered.

YAGS

More
31 Jan 2006 04:00 #4319 by Rasa
Good point! I had forgotten that Ursa had extra footage!

Here's another article with more info on the Superman 2 Director's Cut:

www.thehollywoodnews.com/article/30010605.php

• Rasa
More
31 Jan 2006 15:12 #4324 by YAGS

Good point! I had forgotten that Ursa had extra footage!

Here's another article with more info on the Superman 2 Director's Cut:

www.thehollywoodnews.com/article/30010605.php

Interesting article. I had known they changed directors halfway through filming the second one, but I didn't realize all the details regarding the change in scripts for both of the first two.

The real question, of course, is just how much extra footage is there of Sarah Douglas as Ursa? :P And will it all be included on the new DVD as deleted scenes, even if it doesn't fit into the Director's Cut rescripting?

YAGS

More
10 Feb 2006 06:54 #4451 by Rasa
More info on the Supergirl release:

www.moviehole.net/reviews/20030624_776.html

• Rasa
More
10 Feb 2006 23:29 #4462 by YAGS

More info on the Supergirl release:

www.moviehole.net/reviews/20030624_776.html

I don't think that article's about the new re-release that's coming up. It looks like this article is from 2003, and it talks about the "special edition" that was released then, which includes some scenes that had originally been cut from the film. Most of us around here have probably already seen that version.

YAGS

More
11 Feb 2006 04:45 #4464 by Rasa
It popped up on my Google news alert for some reason, but I think that you're right.

Sorry, everyone!

• Rasa
More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds