Amount

Jessica Jones Teaser Drops

06 Oct 2015 17:08 #44428 by oliu99
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, Wotan45, pocketfull

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2015 19:12 #44431 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
Love it!

ElF

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Oct 2015 21:37 #44438 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
Implied flying is better than no flying. Chomping at the bit to see this show. Hopefully she doesn't smoke. Instant turn off.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
06 Oct 2015 23:59 #44440 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
I re-read Alias the other day.

With that and these trailers I'm getting pretty excited about the show.

We know Power Man is going to guest star. But are we getting Ant-Man (Lang)? I doubt we'll get Chris Evan's Captain America for much, but he could cameo for the roof top scene in Issue #1 easily.

They seem to be swapping out Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel for Hellcat, which will work better likely. And i bet the Mutant-girl plot line calls her an "inhuman" instead (probably season 2).

Not sure if they'll go for new story, or try to adapt something out of Alias. Some don't really fit the MCU, the Maddie Franklin plot doesn't fit, you'd have to introduce her, MGH (but call it something else), J Jonah Jameson .. just too many things. The first plot involves Captain America, and you could do it without Cap, other than a brief shot of him in uniform, and you COULD get Evans for that, especially since they're filming Civil War now (or it could have been done while filming Avengers), and you can tack it on for little additional cost. (though I have no idea about the Hollywood accounting that would entail). The plot would also fit into Civil War a bit too as a lead in. But you'd get some nice shots of her at Avengers Tower being turned away, maybe by Jarvis (some quick voice acting).

We're getting Purple Man, and that's actually a story from the end of the book, but it was an important part of her arc.

One thing Marvel Comics always seemed to do better than DC is set up a world that the people inhabit. Been re-reading the first Ms. Marvel run (finally organizing my comics, yeah, I bought these off the shelf in '77). They did a great job of weaving her into the Marvel U -- she worked on a Magazine published by the Bugle, Jameson was her boss. She ran into a cast of Marvel characters regularly. Just read an issue in which Detective Jean DeWolff stopped by (one of the short list of characters who has stayed dead). Those little touches that make it feel like Marvel's NYC is a real place.

DC can do this, but Marvel does this pretty consistently.

Alias just kept up this tradition, showing the seedier side of the Marvel U. It'll be really interesting to see how they translate this into the MCU. Daredevil got to be isolated, Jones' story was supposed to be part of the larger fabric.

More
08 Oct 2015 16:30 #44470 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
No uberness in this latest one, but we finally get a glimpse of the Purple Man (kinda).....

ElF

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Oct 2015 16:45 #44472 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
Super girl is going to be candy, sweet and delicious but ultimately not terribly fulfilling. But great fun. Which is typical of DC.

Jessica Jones might actually be something we can sink our teeth into as adults. Complex, mysterious and weird with raw violence and frank sexuality and morally ambiguous situations and villains that mess with your head and no clear sense of victory or even who is right or wrong... i.e. a series for adults living in the real world.

Agents of SHIELD got us halfway there, but maybe JJ will complete the journey. A lot of the world isn't shiny and bright and dressed in primary colors and full of goodness. But sometimes its nice to go to that place for a little while and dream.

Shadar

lfan wrote: No uberness in this latest one, but we finally get a glimpse of the Purple Man (kinda).....

ElF

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds