Amount

pic of the avenging angel from smallville

10 Feb 2006 14:38 #4455 by lfan
If anone caught the trailer for the next episode (Cyborg), it reinforces my point below about the FX "discrimination" towards superfemales versus supermales....LOL

www.devotedtosmallville.com/trailers/cyborg_tvTrailer.wmv

LF

True, Pwrhaus! We do have certain things we want to see and I understand they are constrained by their budget, but aside for the cool "truck flip" scene in Covenent by the "Kara" --- the FX and powers they give the supposed "supergirls" are less than super. However, they do some pretty cool effects with Clark and even some of the male guest "superboy" guest stars. Perfect example if in the "Leech" episode where the one kid got Clark's powers and they showed him really "super" -- Aeryn and Andrea from this season were on par with that but all their scenes were "watered down". I know our "wish list" is a little non-mainstream and there's no way we'll get ubergril action for 45 straight minutes, but just saying I know they (the show) have donw it before, they just choose not do do it with the gals --- just an observation.

Overall though, I think the show is quite entertaining and well-written (though sometimes very 'out there')

LF

So... is it worth hunting down and downloading then?

She did throw Clark Kent through a desk. She smacked around and threatened a couple of thugs. There was a leaping-to-rooftop scene a la Catwoman from the "Birds of Prey" series a few years ago, but the FX guys were struggling to make it work. And there was some female secret ID stuff for those who care. If that's enough for you, go ahead and download the ep somewhere. The sad reality is that TV shows don't have the budget to make most ubergirl lurkers on this board happy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds