Amount

Transformatrix 4000

21 Jul 2006 18:26 #6342 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Transformatrix 4000
"There's something I don't understand," DeeAnn said, snatching a rifle from a guard's hands. She grabbed the front of his shirt and flung him a dozen yards along the corridor, back towards the stairwell.

"What's that?" asked Lois. She had torn down a security barrier and was rolling it up like a carpet, ignoring the protests of the soldier wrapped inside.

"There are, what, sixty-plus super-women being kept here -- and Denise is the only one who's tried to leave? They could all be out doing -- well, pretty much anything they want, instead of being cooped up underground."

"Good question," said Lois. "I was pretty sure I had the answer last night, while I was scanning this place with my super-vision ... and one of my contacts at STAR Labs was able to confirm it."

"Well?" The two women were flying down a long empty stretch of corridor, several floors below Dr. Klyburn's office. They could hear the staccato of gunfire and the groan of crumpled metal from the levels above.

"Do you remember something called Project Lotos? It was in the news about a year ago."

"Hmmm ... vaguely."

"It was a LexCorp project, funded by the NIB -- basically, a technology for overriding the higher critical functions of the brain and making people more passive, more deferential to authority."

"Mind control?" asked DeeAnn, incredulous.

"Well, a step toward it. The NIB said it would be used to help law-enforcement agents deal with riots and hostage negotiations, but you can imagine the potential for abuse -- employers using it to keep their workers docile, politicians using it to sway voters ... The Planet broke the story, civil libertarians went ballistic, and the NIB withdrew its funding. Of course, losing a billion dollars of the taxpayers' money doesn't mean a whole lot when you're Lex Luthor."

They had come to the end of the corridor and stood before an imposing steel door, eight feet high and five feet wide and nearly a foot thick. Lois casually tore it off its hinges and tossed it over her shoulder. Ten tons of steel landed behind her with a crash that shook the corridor and echoed deafeningly along its walls.

Stepping through the open doorway, Lois and DeeAnn found themselves in a large square room. Three of its four walls were covered with an array of consoles and blinking lights; a faint, high-pitched whistle was audible above a steady electronic hum.

DeeAnn gazed about the room in wonderment. "So this gizmo even affects us super-women?"

Lois shrugged. "I guess so -- to some extent, anyway. It would certainly explain why nobody but Denise has tried to leave."

"So why didn't Dr. Klyburn just tell the four of us to go away when we broke into her office?"

"Because we were distrustful of her from the beginning. Like hypnosis, the Lotos doesn't work on subjects who are disposed to resist it. The women who checked in here more or less voluntarily had no reason to feel suspicious. And from what Denise has told us, Dr. Klyburn is highly adept at playing on their insecurities -- their fear of being unable to control their powers, their fear of people's reactions. She made them feel safe and cared for."

"Okay, one last question. How come Denise was able to leave?"

Lois grinned. "In case you haven't noticed, our friend Denise is pretty headstrong. Once she sets out to do something, she's not the sort to let anything stand in her way."

"Out of my way!" shouted Denise. "Move it! Incoming!"

Doctors and nurses scurried aside as Denise strode rapidly along the hospital corridor, holding Cavin in her arms. As she swept past them, they turned to stare after her, slack-jawed.

Oblivious of their stares, Denise burst through the swinging doors of the emergency room. "I've got a wounded man here," she announced, laying Cavin gently on a gurney. "Bullet to the shoulder. He -- " She looked around the room. "Well, what are you all standing there for?" she demanded. "Haven't you ever seen a -- oh, crap."

Blushing, she yanked a sheet from an unoccupied gurney and wrapped it hastily around herself. "Show's over," she announced, adjusting her improvised toga and glaring at an open-mouthed intern. She turned to the recumbent soldier and gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "Hang in there, Cavin," she said. "I'll be back to ckeck up on you."

She turned and strode back through the swinging doors. Facing a gauntlet of staring faces, she reddened and drew a deep breath, then hurried back toward the main entrance, keeping her eyes fixed straight ahead.

Outside, in the bright sunlight, she leapt skyward. Moments later, the sheet floated gently down to the parking lot.

"So what now?" said DeeAnn. "Are we going to tear this thing apart?" Her eyes shone with anticipation as she drew back her fist.

"No," replied Lois. "This is proof that LexCorp has been developing a rogue technology -- and that the NIB has been using it. It'll go a long way toward justifying our actions here."

Kneeling, she pried off a panel. She reached inside the machine and tugged at a thick steel cable. The cable snapped amid a shower of sparks. Moving to the opposite wall, she tore away another panel.

"All right," she said. "I've disconnected the main power line. This cable here leads to the back-up generator."

She stepped out into the corridor with DeeAnn close behind her. There was an intercom in the wall to the right of the door. Lois threw a switch and spoke into it.

"Good morning, ladies," she said. Her tone was pleasant, yet firm. "My name is Lois Lane. You may have read my articles in the Daily Planet or seen me on CNN. I have an announcement that will be of interest to all of you -- so if you would please proceed to the auditorium? I'll be there in just a few minutes."

Turning, she raised her eyes toward the ceiling, training her super-vision on the main level. "Well, they're on their way," she said. "Now here's the plan. I'm going to change back to Lois Lane and head for the auditorium. As soon as they're all settled, I'll begin my spiel. You stay here and watch me with your super-vision. When you see me tug my ear -- like this -- pull out this cable. That'll shut down the Lotos."

"And then what?"

"Then you can join me in the auditorium. Things might become -- interesting." She chuckled. "I wonder if Dr. Klyburn will be there."

A hot dry wind blew into Dr. Klyburn's face as the jeep sped across the desert along a somewhat dilapidated two-lane road.

"We'll be at the hangar in a few minutes," the driver told her. "Your plane's ready for take-off, so you should be in San Francisco in a couple of hours."

Dr. Klyburn nodded. "What about ground transportation?"

"I'll arrange for a vehicle to meet you at the airstrip. Will you be going directly to the NIB office?"

"Not directly, no," she replied. Her fingers tightened on the handbag resting in her lap. "I need to make a stop at STAR Labs first."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• argonaut
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
21 Jul 2006 22:08 #6346 by Spulo
Replied by Spulo on topic Transformatrix 4000
"Did you find your friend?" Amber asked as Jill floated down the corridor towards her.

"I did..."

"So where is she?"

"There was...an incident. Some of the soldiers still haven't got it through their thick heads that they can't stop us. Denise has had to take one of them to hospital - a bullet bounced off one of us and he took it in the shoulder."

"Ouch." gasped Amber, raising her hand to her lips. "Will he be alright?"

"Oh, sure, he'll be fine. Anyway - what's the word, where is everyone?"

"Lois has called all the superwomen to the auditorium. DeeAnn's in the control room at the end of the next corridor, and Supergirl...I mean, Kara...I think she's still upstairs scaring off the last of the soldiers."

Jill nodded. "And you?"

"I'm just..." Amber shrugged. "I dunno. I feel sorta outta place. The others are superheroes, I'm not..."

"Well, there's no reason you couldn't be." Jill pointed out. "You're the same as they are."

"We both are." Amber reminded her.

"I guess...but would you put on a leotard and miniskirt and go around beating up bad guys?"

Amber grinned. "That'd be silly..."

"Mmm...still..." Jill's thoughts were interrupted as Kara suddenly came out of superspeed just in front of them. The sudden appearance of a beautiful costumed superheroine after what they'd just been talking about made Jill and Amber glance at each other quickly...

"Is everything alright?" Amber asked.

"Yeah...mostly."

"Mostly?"

Kara sighed. "The soldiers have pulled out, finally. The facility is empty. Well, what's left of it, anyway."

"Great...so, what's wrong?"

"Klyburn got away. I don't know how or when...but she's not with the rest of them. She's gone."

"Oh, no..."

"Is that so bad?" Amber asked.

"Maybe...depends what she's planning..."

Jill put a reassuring hand on Kara's shoulder. "Don't beat yourself up about it, hun. You've done a great job. And I don't just mean here, today, either..."

Kara smiled. "Thanks...so, where's the rest of our little band?"

"Denise should be back any time." explained Jill. "The others are through that way..."

DeeAnn couldn't help grinning as she felt Kara come up behind and hug her. "Hey, gorgeous."

"Hey...how's she doing in there?"

Dee pointed to the monitor. The auditorium was packed, and all the women were listening intently to Lois' speech. "She thinks that all this has some kind of influence over them - that's how Klyburn was able to keep them from busting out. What she's doing now is using that influence to get them on our side - telling them to be good little superwomen."

"I see." The pair watched the monitor in silence for a moment, before Kara asked "Dee?"

"Mmm?"

"I was thinking...would you like to go out to dinner tomorrow night?"

"...Kara..."

"No, no...not in any, y'know, not like that. Just...as friends. Partners, y'know? A girls night out...for the two of us."

Dee smiled. "That'd be good. Ah - she's given the signal!" She leapt to her feet, and tugged the cable to the Lotos back-up generator out of the wall. "Come on, Supergirl!"

DeeAnn and Kara stepped out of the control room and into the corridor, where Jill and Amber opened the auditorium doors for them and allowed them to march inside. Jill and Amber then slipped in behind them, unnoticed, as everyone's gazed was fixed on Superwoman and Supergirl, striding confidently through the assembled crowd to join Lois on the stage...

More
01 Aug 2006 21:19 #6424 by yaracyrrah
Replied by yaracyrrah on topic Transformatrix 4000
Suddenly, Laura Carter realized for the first time that she was a super-woman.

In one sense, of course, she'd known it for weeks, since she'd awakened in the hospital and the doctors had informed her that she was one of the victims of this inexplicable new syndrome. She had readily acquiesced to being transferred to the special facility which had been hastily built--modified; it had been a pre-existing military installation--in which to safely study the syndrome and its victims. She had agreed with Dr. Klyburn that these superhuman powers she and the others had been granted were unfathomably dangerous and must be contained or hidden until the syndrome had been fully understood. But now the famous Lois Lane had explained that her agreement, and the uncertainty and fear which had undergirded it, had been coerced, induced by a kind of mind-control device which, Ms. Lane said, the government and a private contractor had continued to develop even after its R&D project--Project Lotos, Laura recalled--had been publicly leaked and then promptly repudiated, and de-funded, by Congress. To many people that might have sounded like a conspiracy theory, but Laura, like many software engineers, had a strong libertarian streak; to her it sounded like government as usual. <i>Of course</i> the government would want to conceal and control the dozens of women who rendered its entire military all but obsolete.

And then Lois Lane--how?--had pulled the plug: first figuratively, by finding and penetrating the secret facility and revealing the truth to the captive superwomen; now literally, by calling to her associates to disconnect the Lotos. And instantly a great weight was lifted from Laura's mind, a heavy fog dispersed by a powerful blast of frigid wind. The unfathomable power which had taken over Laura's body now took over her mind as well: not megalomania, though surely that would be an ever-present danger, but a full awareness of what she now could do--and of what she now <i>should</i> do.

And then, as if on cue, the auditorium doors opened wide, and in strode <i>the</i> Supergirl. And beside her, a stunningly beautiful brunette clad in a variant of Supergirl's costume, a woman's version of Superman's. Who?

The answer, thought Laura, might as well have been "Us."

More
07 Aug 2006 22:26 #6463 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Transformatrix 4000
45 minutes ago / Location unknown / Squire Foundation for Humanity Defence conference room

The five starred to the video with a wooried expression, on the flat plasma screen the figure of four womens flying over the central part of the US ar clearly visible, none of them have any kind of doubt that the situation is going to become a Crisis Area.

The screen goes black and the illumination is restored the five remain silent fo a while to fully value the possible consequances fo the present situation, then one of them, a woman in her forties which still have a pretty face, at least the half which is not covered by a titanium reinforcement, raises from her chair and speak with an careful controled tone: "Everyone of us know that the mayority of possile developments of this situation are tragic, so what have been done to prevent a superhuman escalation?"

A old man with steel gary hair and a squarred jaw clear his throat, he doesn't raise mainly because he hasn't been able to move the lower half of his body since 10 years ago.

"We have alerted all the hospitals and in a radius of 100 kilometres form the estimated target with a code Beta-1, and a supply of crisis units are already on the road, madam."

The first reply: "That's not enough. Raise the alert to Alfa-2, and send an extra 25% percent of crisis units. If the informations about that site are true, we can expect a C.A. Larger than every other we have ever encountered." than she turned her head towards another of the presents "From the military front, which measures?"

A man in is late forties with brown hair a bulldoglike face and a missing arm take a notebook and studied it for a couple of seconds. "Jackal and Cobra units ready to strike, madam, but as you know we can't operate in a sovereing country without the W2KA authorisation, so we reain in Yellow condition."

The woman smiles wickedly. "The interested parts are still reluctant to give it, but I think that after the first few minutes they will be more than willingly to cooperate, for now deploy the teams at the Orange Crisis Point and wait." then she turned to the last two members of the table "From the technical division, there is any new?"

A very grave japanese man, that looks like a sumotori, with a patch on his left eye makes a strange half-smile. "Very few, but important, madam, according to doctor Hawks the TF4000 contains..."

The fifth member of the table, a afro american woman, in her late thirties with an atheltic figure and a paralysis to the left half of her body, doesn't listen to the explanation, her thoughts are running wild towards the small torch like device in her bedroom back at home, maybe her chance to left that mangled body and begin a new life as a superhuman. A member of the same race that have destroyed he bodies and the life of her and her four friends in this room.

25 minutes ago / Orange Crisis Point / Jackal-1 Strike force Skiranger VTOL personel carrier (2 pilots, 6 soldiers with Mk5b Heavy Armed Modular Multi-Purpose Tactical Armors)

The Major is very nervous, as commander of the Jackal-1 unit she is responsible of the life of her soldiers, and engaging a ostile force of unknown power is the worst thing for a soldier, not to speak for a commander. To calm herself she launch a diagnosis program for her HAMPTA, while her thoughts run wild around the incredible machine.

The HAMPTA technology was created only a few years ago by various industries on behalf of the Army, under the codename fo project 2501, a prototype of the 21st century soldier, the armor is an exoskeletron that powers all the physical parameters of the pilot, streght, quickness, coordination, etc. to a superior level. The agumentaion was proportional, stronger the pilot stronger the powering effect. The armor was also fitted with last generation materials, multi-layered compound plates, extra light chassis, NBC seals. The same was truth for weaponry and sensors. The Army was really happy with the results, before looking at the price tag, each armor cost as much as a Eurofighter combat jet, a little too much for them, so they dismissed the project, which was secretly acquired by the Squire Foundation.

The diagnosis ends and the Major looks at the timer projected on the upper part of her helmet faceplate, 24 minutes to go, she opens the Intelligence Sharing system and connects with the rest of the team "Ok guys we have just passed the dead man point, report your status."

A series of replies full her hears:

"Hawk reporting, system on line and ready, si.. Major." Hawk is a 35 years old scottish with dirty blond hairs and a pair of steel hard eyes that appears more artificials than his armor. A non nonsense soldier, he was formely a SAS.

"Pilot here, all systems green." Pilot is the codename of a young red head girl from Detroit, she is the youngest member fo the team, a skilled even if unconvetional armor pilot, she worked for the Air Force.

"Stingray, all system operational between normal parameters." Stingray was an ex-member of Polar trident a canadian scuba strike force, similar to the Navy Seals. She is an handsome brunette with a very strange personality, outside the battlefield she is the archetypical rebel child with a passion for heavy metal, inside the Armor she becomes a deadly cold killing machine, almost an android.

"This is Tank, ready at every moment." Tank is probably the strangest member of the team, half samoan and half malaysian, he is almost 210 cm high and weights 110 Kg. Before being recluted by the Foundation he was a Navy Seals' instructor.

"Scout here, eveything in place and ready, vacca boia." Scout was recruited form the Alpini, the Italian mountainers special corp. He is an ordnance expert with a very extroverted temperament, almost explosive, that was the reason for which team bears his twisted sense of humor and his foul language.

"Very well team." the Major herself is a not so small woman of japanese ancestry, she was originally part of a special anti terrorism squad founded by various goverments all around the world. "We will be the vanguard of this operation, we have to verify if a diplomatic solution is possible, if not hold the ground until the arrival of the other teams."

"Which ones?" asks Pilot.

"Jackal 2 and 3, Cobra 1 to 3."

"Merda, the heavy artilery." whispers Scout.

"Our present targets are these four." explains the major turning on a small monitor on one of the walls that shows several satelite images of Supergirl, Ultrawoman, Superwoman and a fourth woman "All of them are estimated to be on the level 10 of Palmer superhuman power scale."

"If the Foundation thinks that they are so dangerous why are they sending us as negotiators? It will be more practical to drop a full Strike team and restrain then on the spot." says Stingray.

"That's the reason." continues the Major while the image on the screen changes "This a secret military facility in the Nevada desert, according to the intelligence there are at least 60 superwomens inside."

"60!! I think we'll need bigger guns, won't we?" shout Tank.

"Probably, yes, if thing goes wrong, lad" answers Hawk, with a cynical tone of voice.

"Stop that all of you." commands the major.

Hawk is the first to recover his compusture "I'm sorry Major, any other intelligence?"

"Not so much." the Major makes the footage accelerating till a point where a girl stands against a beam weapon "The weapon was a Par-Las system, and it appears to have no effect on them."

Tank and Scout look at each other, they are the weapon specialists of the Team, and both of them think the same 'That isn't fun at all.'

"Ok, we are now 18 minutes from the waypoint, last check of the equipment." commands the Major, while she touched a point of the armor under that she have stored her little lucky charm.

NOW / Lotos facility, Nevada desert / A superwomen assembly in the conference room, Lois Lane as spokeswoman

It started as a low moan, perfectly audible to the whole assembly ears, but the amjority of them simply didn't pay attention, some of them don't have the experience to identify it, other don't think that it was important. One of them instead pay a lot of attention.

Kara recognizes the sound form her year of experience, worried for the possible consequences she leave the stage and looked up slicing through the ceiling and several levels of armored structures with her X-ray vision. She see a small airplane, a kind of hybrid between a jet fighter and a troop transport helicopter fliing over the base and six metal humanoid figures jumping from the rear hatch.

'Androids' she thought, but she quickly corrects herself 'Armored troopers.'

The armors are massive but not like the Red Rockets, more close to the body. Their most peculariar features are a kind of backpack, that connects with two boxlike devices place along the forearms and the helmet. The helmet is clearly divided in three elements a rigid structure that covers all the head execpt the face, a faceplate of semirigid material that mimic a featureless face and a complex device that cover the left eye, formed of various optical and radio components. The two box looks like weapons of some kind, the links to the backpack seems to be flexible guides to feed them with bullets.

'Military hardware.' thought Kara looking at the squared armor plates of torso and limbs.

"Kara, are you ok?" asks a voice from behind Supergirl.

She smiles and point upwards "Take a look Dee, new faces to the party." she gigles.

Dee Ann squirts er eyes trying to obtain the right amout of penetrating vision, after a couple of atempts she got it. "The Army?" she asks.

"Maybe, I've seen that kind of armors, but they definitly looks military grade equipament." Kara looks to the assembly, an attack right now will ruin everything, she decides that a preventive action will be the better course of action. "I go to get them, Dee, would you come with me?"

"Maybe it will be better to spoke to Lois first."

"Usually yes, but now... with all those new supers... it can be dangerous, we don't know enough about the mayority of them."

"Ok fine, which way to go up?"

"Very well, follow me." Supergirl takes a small backdoor behind the stage and advance for several meters, Dee Ann follows her a little puzzled. "This place seems fine."

Kara flexs her knees slightly, and smiles that is one of her favorite entrace, first because it implies a large display of rough power, second because the 99% of her foes don't consider the ground as a possible weak point. With this thoughts through her mind Kara takes a deep breath and propells herself upwards, after a second Dee Ann follows her. The two ubergirls fly through several layers of stone, packed earth, reinforced metal and costly equipment savoring the sensation of their sexy indestructibles bodies crushing everything on their way up, of their lovely faces breaking through super resistant alloys, of debris flowing all the way down along their breast and backs.

On the pavement outside the main structure the six soldies of the Jackal-1 team are preparing for entry, when all the seismic sensors of their armors signal something humanoid incoming toward them from below.

"Incoming, evasion manuver ex-4." cries the Major though the radio link.

From the lowest part of the backpacks of the six a twin jet sparks to life accelerating them at 2.1G. The six stopped, bracing themselves, in a perfect exagonal pattern around a point of the pavement that after a second explodes in a volcano of tarmac and concrete revealing the bodies of the two ubergirls.

Kara expects to find the grunts a little shocked, maybe one or two throwed away by the explosion, but this time she is shocked to find the six perfectly ready, with a series of painting lasers designators mounted of the helmets pointing towards herself and Dee.

One of the armored open an external commnication, the voice is electronicaly distorted, but for the ears of the two it is clearly that of a woman "We aren't here to fight."

Dee looks at the three in front of her and mocked "Really? And those suits are to avoid sunburs"

Kara smiles and thought 'You are getting in that costume very quickly Dee.'

The armored continues "What are these suits for isn't the matter. Our mission is to avoid a bloodshed."

This time Kara's face turns deadly serious "What are you talking about?"

"The 60 superwomen in that base. I suppose you are here to free them, but how much you know of them? Of how do they behave when they are out of here?"

"They are nice girls, their hearts are on the right side."

"Maybe you are right, Supergirl, but that isn't enough for us. We can't risk another Seattle."

The mention of Seattle makes Kara's blood boil "That was a thing completly setted by that little ego-maniac. None of us will do anything."

"Are all fo you disposed to take the risk of having your hands covered with blood tomorrow for a misjudment today? Power corrupts..."

That is enough for Kara 'You, little armored piece of military shit' she thought 'How do you dare judging my friends and me.' With her temper reaching the limit she propels towars the Major. At the same time two of the other open fire with the 15,2 mm machineguns under their right arms. Kara barely notices the bullets while her field of vision narrows and that is her first mistake, the HESH bullets squashed against her invincible body their heads explode producing a massive amount of vectored kinetical energy, about ten times the usual for that caliber. The impact falis to produce any damage but cause Supergirl to spin out of control into the wall of a nearby hangar.

"Kara!!" screms Dee, as her friend impact. Until now she was quiet because some of the Major concerns mirrors her own, but now she throw them out of the window and release a burst of heat vision. The two crimson rays darts toward the soldier in front of Dee, the largest of the team. After a moment the armor turned bright red and the soldier collapses, after another the armor starts to emit a cloud of gas or vapor, she suddenly interrupts her attack sure to have damaged the armor enough. But the soldier raise inside the cloud with only some burns on the armor paint.

"Tank are you all right." asks a voice thought the soldier's radio.

"Almost. The heat resistant plates and the auto extinguisher saved me, Scout."

Kara raises from the debris "That's enough! Now we will tear you down, fair and square." She dashs at super speed, about Mach 1, and Dee follows her example.

"Demon Triangle manuver, now." orders the Major.

The six divides in tow groups, three around each girl in a perfect triangle pattern and starts to use their boost to match the girl's movements and speed along the pavement.

Thai was a very frustrating situation for the two, Kara know that these armors cannot mantain the pace for long, but Dee, less experienced decides to pass to action to break the tie. She launchs at full speed on one of her pursuers in a kind of superpowered rugby action.

Pilot, hitted by the model superhard body, almost pass out, even the hardned armor and the G-Compensator of her suit have enourmous troubles to deal with a similar attack.

"Ok, now all of you stop or I'll break the neck of you friend." Dee roars blocking Pilot in a grip.

"Pilot life signs are weak, maybe she is KO." Hawk shouts in his radio.

"We can't allow this to stop us, go ahead." responds Stingray.

Before the Major can decide the course of action something happens. Pilot is almost out, with the last atoms of counscious thought she grips to to what was familiar, her fighter pilot training kicks in and she orders to her suit to max the thrust output of her jetpack.
A ball of flame engulfed Dee, the temperature isn't even close nough to her limits but the surprise effect and the powerful thrust sends her and Pilot in the sky. Dee makes a halfspin and recovers in mid-air activating her flight powers, but Pilot have passed out during the acceleration.

Everyone stares in horror while the armored suit spinned through the sky, when a gloved hand catch it, a gloved hand conncted to a very sexy body cladded in a violet thight suit with a long green cape, Ultrawoman. "Very well kids. Now stop, or i'll get angry."

Kara is the first to recover form the surprise. "L... Ultrawoman... I..."

"Be quiet Kara, I don't think that these guys want to continue, do you?" says Ultrawoman while landing gracefully and placed Pilot face up on the pavement, she tried to scan her with her X-ray, but she got a nasty surprise, she can't look through the armor.

The Major moves in front of Ultrawoman and her laser pointer scanned the face of the heroine, a smile appears on the japenese woman face, behind her helmet "That's right, we can talk, if you like, but only you and me, ok?"

Ultrawoman looks up "Fine, but for your comrade here?"

"No problem, the rest of the team can take care of it, now we need a secure place." the major pointed a bunker along the perimeter of the base, "That looks perfect, move on."

A moment after the superheroine and the armored soldier enters the bunker. The Major activates a device of her armor "White noise generator," explains "a little privacy guarantee, like the lead sheets inside the walls, ms Lane."

"What?" Ultraoman gasps.

"A physiognomical program and a scan with the pointer. That masks don't cover your face so well." continues the Major "But this have to be a fair meeting." The Major's helmet opens like a flower around a junction in the back of the neck.

"What's your name?" lois asks.

"I have many, my real name was lost about the lifes ago, a damned long story."

"So, how I can to call you?"

"For this mission I'm the Major."

"Fine... Major. Why are you here?" asks Lois while her journalist instinct take the control of the discussion.

"You really wants to know, fine." The Major opens her chest plate, under the armor she wears a kind of fatigue uniform, she opened one fo the pockets and takes out her lucky charm, a small photo, she hands it to Lois. "For them."

Lois looks at the photo, two small kid, a boy and a girl, almost of the same age, 5 or 6 years, with a clear japanese ascendacy are playing in a room that looks like a kitchen. "Your children."

"Exactly, the photo is 12 years old. I have explained them one important thing that every person is born with the same rights, that you have to obtain things throgh your skills and hard work. Now that this so-called Transformatrix phenomenon starts, my little Himeko have started to speak about the possibility to become a superwoman, because several of her friends are trying to get it. I'm worried for her and for several others that aren't ready to handle this kind of power." explains the Major with a voice louder and louder and a tear rolling out of her eye.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

More
08 Aug 2006 13:44 #6469 by Spulo
Ultrawoman put her arm around the Major, and looked down at the photo. "What makes you think she couldn't handle the power?" she whispered. "How old is your daughter?"

"18, in a couple of months..."

"18...she's grown up. She's old enough to make her own choices...and if she wants these powers, then...I assume you're not worried about her because you think she might...misuse it...are you?"

"Of course not..."

"Then what?" Ultrawoman asked. "You can talk to me. It won't go outside this room."

The Major sighed. "I...I just don't want to see her make a mistake she can't undo...if she gets these powers and then decides she doesn't want them..."

"I know...I have a friend who was in the same position. She got superpowers because her other friends were, and once she had them, she was afraid to do anything cos she thought she might hurt people...but she's started to come round to them." She watched as the Major put the photo back into her uniform pocket, and then asked "But you didn't come all the way down here to show me pictures of your kids, huh?"

"No...we came down here to stop you releasing these women."

Ultrawoman sat down on the edge of a desk and smiled. "Do you have any idea what's been going on here?"

"Only that this facility is holding approximately 60 super-powered women."

"Right...so nothing about experiments on those women? Torture for the one who asked to leave?"

"No..."

"No...your orders assumed we were the enemy, didn't they? Well, we're not. What do you know about the woman who was running this place?"

"Dr Klyburn? 31 years old, former beauty queen turned scientist. Brilliant, gifted...dead?"

"Dead?"

"You said 'was'..."

"'Was' as in she's abandoned the place." Ultrawoman gestured to a nearby chair. "Sit down, Major...I'll bring you up to speed on what's really been going on here..."

"You don't really wanna go to school today, do you?"

Bobby whirled around in surprise. "M-Mrs Jordan!"

"Oh, call me Denise." she replied. "You look shocked - I did say we weren't gonna forget about you."

"I know, it's just...well..."

Denise put her hands on her hips, her tight t-shirt and shorts showing off as much of her muscles as possible. "I understand, Bobby. I know I'm a real stunner...and of course, I have superpowers too..." She giggled as Bobby began to blush. "Oh...men!"

"I'm sorry..."

"Oh, don't worry. Anyway, as I was saying - school...you didn't really wanna go there today, did you?"

"Why?"

"Well, it just so happens that a myself and a few friends broke into a certain top secret facility this morning...you wanted to come see Jill, remember? To tell her that you're the one who gave her her superpowers?"

"Oh...God...you mean...now?"

Denise shrugged. "I was in the area, figured I'd pick you up and fly you out there."

"It's just...I...what's she gonna say when she finds out?"

"I don't know." Denise replied. "But she does care about you...and she knows you care about her. Whatever she does...would you really rather not tell her? Cos I don't think you're the sort of kid who could lie about something like this...are you?"

Bobby thought for a moment, then shook his head. "I owe her an explanation..."

"Alright then - let's find somewhere out of the way where we take off from..."

"Hold it - what about school? If I don't turn up-"

"I wouldn't worry about it." Denise replied, before saying, in a perfect recreation of his mother's voice "I already phoned the school and said you were off sick." She smiled at Bobby's shocked reaction. "Let's go..."

"...so as you can see, I've already taken steps to ensure that the women here aren't gonna misuse their powers. The Lotos had quite a strong effect on these women...and I hope that using it whilst making my little speech is gonna keep out of trouble. But I'll make you a promise - if any of them step out of line once they get out of here, I'll take full responsibility."

"I accept that what you've done here was necessary." the Major replied. "But I'm not comfortable with releasing these women, not yet."

"I give you my word...I won't allow them to cause trouble."

"But how can you stop them? You're all equally matched, so-"

"Ah - no. It takes time to master these powers, and a lot of the women haven't got that far yet. I could use this facility as a sort of superwoman workshop, for the women here."

The Major nodded. "That sounds good...but I didn't really mean that. I meant that, ultimately, all you women are as strong as each other."

Ultrawoman grinned. "Right...all except one."

"Who?"

"Supergirl. At the moment, she's got just a fraction of the strength and power that I do...but she's been offered the use of a Transformatrix, and she's gonna take it. We're hoping that if it works on her, it'll boost her powers far above even ours."

"Is she really the right person to get that much power?"

"I think she is. I've known her a long time - I trust her. Besides, she's the only choice...and if we can prevent what happened in Seattle from happening again, then it has to be worth it."

"I just keep thinking of that old saying...'power corrupts'..."

"And absolute power corrupts absolutely." finished Ultrawoman, shaking her head. "Do you really believe that's always true? Do you think my power has corrupted me?"

The Major shook her head. "No, not you. I'm just worried that you might be the exception..."

"I don't think I am - I love having superpowers again. I love being the center of attention when I go out in public, and yes, I get a big kick out of wearing this costume. But more than anything else...I am able to help people who would otherwise be dead. That's a greater feeling than anything else I've ever known...and I want the women here to know that feeling, too."

"Alright..." the Major replied. "So, what's your next move?"

"We have a few leads." Lois replied. "All I ask is that you back off, just for a few days, and allow us to follow them up. I'll report to you in, say...48 hours, and tell you of anything we might have found out. I promise."

"A promise from Ultrawoman...well, that's good enough for me." the Major replied. "What about Lois Lane, though?"

"Excuse me?"

"Well, how long can you keep this up? Being two different people?"

"I can manage...unless you're planning to give me away?"

"No...no, your secret's safe. Just...if it came down to it...Lois Lane or Ultrawoman...which one would you give up?"

Ultrawoman thought for a moment, then shook her head. "If you'd asked me that when I first got my powers, I would have said Ultrawoman, no question. But now...the more time I spend as her...the more I like being her. So I don't know."

The Major stood up. "Alright. You've got your 48 hours."

"Thank you. And the women being held here?"

"...Officially, they're free to go. But...if you could try to keep them under control..."

"I understand, Major. And I appreciate that what's going must scare a lot of people. But you have my word - my friends and I will get to the bottom of it." She offered her gloved hand. "Major?"

"Good luck, Ultrawoman." the Major replied, shaking her hand, before turning and heading for the bunker door.

"Major?"

The Major glanced back. "Yes?"

Ultrawoman smiled. "I'll make you another promise. If your daughter does gain superpowers...call me. I'll teach her how to use them."

"Thank you...I hope it won't come to that...but I have a feeling it probably will..."

More
15 Aug 2006 18:37 #6532 by Spulo
"If someone had had told me two weeks ago that I'd be standing here in front of sixty or so superwomen, dressed like this, wearing my underwear on the outside of my clothes...well, I wouldn't have believed them...and I know that most of you probably can't believe that all this is really happening to you. But it is."

All eyes were on Superwoman as she continued. "I still can't believe it, myself. Becoming a superhero wasn't something I'd planned, not even after I got these powers, and most of you probably haven't even thought of doing it yourselves...but I know that this is what a lot of you are going to end up doing, and, like me, you'll realise it's the best decision you'll ever make. Don't abuse these gifts you've been given - but don't waste them either."

There was a round of applause as DeeAnn returned to her seat, allowing Lois to take the stage once again. "And that's it." she said. "Superwoman and Supergirl have offered to stay here for a few hours, so if you wanna ask them any questions, you're more than welcome. Otherwise...you're all free to go. Remember what we've told you...and good luck."

As the crowd of superwomen dispersed, some heading for the doors and others to Kara and DeeAnn, Lois hopped down from the stage and joined Jill and Amber at the back of the hall. "Do you think that was OK?" she asked.

"Perfect." Jill replied.

"I hope we're doing the right thing here..."

"Nothing else we can do. What was going on here couldn't have carried on."

"Ms Lane?"

Lois turned to face the woman that had called her name. "Yes?"

"Um...er...my name's Laura...Laura Carter..."

Lois smiled. "Hello Laura."

"Hi...um...look...is there any chance...that I could have a word with Ultrawoman?"

Jill and Amber exchanged a smile as Lois adjusted her collar. "What makes you think I know Ultrawoman?"

"Well...I've not gotten my x-ray vision under control yet, and I sort of looked at you-"

Lois raised her hand to silence Laura. "Ah. I was hoping someone might do that..." she grinned. "Well...if you wanna talk to her in private, we should probably go find a room somewhere. Jill, Amber - I'll see you two later, alright?"

"Right." The pair watched Lois slip away quietly with Laura, and then Jill asked. "You fancy some breakfast?"

Amber nodded. "That'd be great - but the passageway to the canteen's blocked by the rubble."

Jill smiled, and cracked her knuckles. "I think you and I might just be able to squeeze through..."

"So, what have you got planned now?"

Amber looked up from her breakfast. "I don't know. I'm terrified of going home - how I explain this to my parents?"

"...do you have to?"

"You mean, keep this a secret? I don't think I could...still, my finals are in a few weeks, so hopefully if I do well in those I'll be going on to college."

"What are you studying?"

"Medicine...I've wanted to be a doctor ever since I was a kid..."

"Aww...oh, you'll get in."

She smiled. "I hope so. What about you?"

"Well...I've got the summer, and then back to teaching, I guess."

"I bet your husband'll be glad to have you back..."

"Husband?" Jill shook her head. "I'm not married."

"Oh...your boyfriend, then...what, no boyfriend either?...does that mean I have to find you one?"

Jill laughed. "No, that's alright. Actually...I'm not looking for anyone...at least, not a man..."

"Oh..." Amber suddenly realised what Jill meant. "Oh - well...what about the women here? There must have been someone you thought might be right for you?"

Jill smiled. "You won't tell?"

"Promise."

"Denise...we got on so well, so quickly...so I hoped we might have something. But then I then I found out she was married, so I backed off..."

"Oh...anyone else?"

"Not really..."

"Alright - then I'll have to find someone for you."

"Amber...I appreciate what you're trying to do...but it'sd more important that you find someone for yourself."

The smile fell from Amber's face. "I can't...I...I'm hoping that I might be able to fix things with Greg..."

"You still love him, don't you?"

Amber nodded, and Jill took hold of her hand, squeezing it gently.

"Jill?"

Jill turned to look at the figure in the doorway. "Denise! Where've you been?"

"I, er...I had to go get someone."

Jill's smile turned to surprise as a second person entered the room. "Bobby?"

"Hey, Miss Henderson..."

Denise looked at Amber. "I think we'd better leave them alone, Amber...they have a few things to talk about..."

"No, it's alright." said Jill. "Bobby?"

Jill's favorite student took a deep breath, then whispered "It was me."

"What was you?"

"...I...I'm the one who changed you...I'm the one who gave you superpowers..."

Jill's smile faded. "I see..."

"It...I shouldn't have done it-"

"Then why did you?"

"Denise, maybe we should go..." suggested Amber, getting up from the table and heading for the door. "Jill? A-are you OK if we...?"

"I'll be alright." she told her friends, waiting until they'd closed the door behind them before asking "Well?"

"It...it was just a silly fantasy." Bobby explained. "I've always...liked you...I think you're absolutely beautiful..."

"I've always liked you, too." Jill replied. "And I've noticed that you're...attracted to me."

Bobby blushed, but carried on. "I...I have this...thing, I don't know what it is...call it an interest...in superwomen and superheroines. Recently...I'd daydream that you were a superhero, and that only I knew..."

"So you got hold of a Transformatrix, and used it." Jill replied. "On me..."

"I didn't think it'd work...and then, when you mean missing...I was so worried. I didn't know what had happened...it wasn't until your friend came and found me that I even made the connection..."

"Denise...she knew about this?"

"Her, and Ultrawoman, Superwoman and Supergirl. I've told them everything I know...anything to help them find you."

"Is that the truth?" Jill asked. "Because if it isn't-"

"It is." Bobby replied. "I swear it is."

"Alright...now, you listen to me, Bobby. If this were coming from anyone else in my class, I'd have probably knocked them through the wall by now. Because it's you, I'm trying to deal with this as calmly as I can, but I will be honest. I'm disappointed in you. I thought we had a better relationship than this, and I resent being used as your fantasy."

There were tears in Bobby's eyes, but he just nodded.

"But...what you've given me is beyond incredible, and I can never thank you enough. That, and the fact that you seem to have come to tell me this of your own free will...well...I think we could still be friends..."

Bobby couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Oh...thank you, I-"

"On one condition."

Bobby fell silent again.

"That girl who just left...I want you to look after her for me."

"...look after her?"

Jill nodded. "Her name's Amber, and she's a little scared by what's happened to her. She doesn't understand how anyone could wanna be friends with someone who can squeeze steel like clay...but I think you could be just the sort of friend she needs..."

After introducting Bobby to Amber, Jill flew him back to school, leaving Denise and Amber alone to talk in the canteen.

"Did you know about Jill being...well..."

"A lesbian?" asked Denise. "Yeah, she told me."

"She says there isn't, but...is there anyone around here she was attracted to? Someone we could ask out for her?"

Denise grinned. "I've been thinking about that...and yes, there is someone."

"Who?"

"Well...we had a few chats about superheroes while we were roomies, and...well, whenever we mentioned Supergirl, she seemed a little...distant. Kinda daydreamy, y'know?"

"You think she has a thing for Supergirl?"

Denise shrugged. "Could be." She grinned. "Shall we, um...go see if Kara's interested?"

Kara and DeeAnn stood at the entrance to the facility waving goodbye as the last of the superwomen took to the air and flew away. "That's that then." Dee said.

"Mmm...you still on for tomorrow night?" Kara asked.

"...do you really think we should?"

"Dee...I said it was just dinner and a drink. That's all. Look...I am attracted to you...but I can control it."

Dee smiled. "Sure."

"Dee...I've never told anyone this before, but...I've been so lonely. I haven't let myself get...close...to anyone, because I'm worried I could hurt them. Now that there are others like me, I-"

"I'm your friend, Kara." Dee interrupted. "I always will be. You can always talk to me."

"It's just...I'm worried that people are always gonna see me as Supergirl first, not Kara. I need to feel loved...I can't stand being on my own anymore."

"Then we might be able to help you out!" called a voice from inside the facility, as Denise and Amber leapt out the door. "We've, er...we've come to ask you out on behalf of a very dear friend of ours."

"...Jill?"

"Why not?" Amber asked. "You're both young, beautiful...single...superpowerful..."

"That's a great idea!" said Dee.

"...she wouldn't be interested in me..."

"She is." Denise replied. "Very."

"Go on." urged Dee. "Isn't she exactly what you just said you've been looking for?"

"Well, yes, but..." Kara paused. "I think I might just go talk to her..."

Dee, Denise and Amber watched Kara head back inside, then Dee asked "Jill knows absolutely nothing about this, does she?"

Amber just blushed, as Denise replied "No...but we think it'll work."

"What'll work?" asked Jill, as she landed nearby. "You all look very suspicious, what's going on?"

"Oh, we've just been seeing everyone off." explained Denise. "Jill, Kara's asked if she could speak to you. She's in there."

"Kara?...OK..." Jill headed inside the facility to find Supergirl, passing Laura and Ultrawoman as they made their way to the surface.

"Now, you promise you'll be in touch, alright?" Lois asked Laura.

"I promise...and thank you, all of you, for what you've done for me." With that, Laura leapt into the sky and hurtled into the distance.

"You look worried." Amber asked. "Is something wrong?"

Lois rubbed her chin with her gloved hand. "She's psychic."

"Excuse me?"

"Laura...I don't know how, but she can read minds. Have any of you been able to do that - or done anything you've not noticed the others do?"

The girls shook their heads. "Wait a minute..." said Denise. "Jill has. She pulled a bullet out of a soldier using...I dunno, sort of telekenesis vision."

"Oh God..." whispered Lois. "If they have unique powers...then do all those women we've just released?"

There was silence, and then Denise whispered "We'll just have to wait and see...it's too late now..."

More
17 Aug 2006 08:43 #6544 by yaracyrrah
"Out with it," said Kara, grinning knowingly.

Charlene blushed deeply and lowered her eyes, but asked her question. "Is it safe for me to have sex?"

"Good question," Kara replied seriously. She made a concerted effort to keep her face straight, and to not look at DeeAnn. "There's good news and bad news. The bad news is that even superwomen lose control when they orgasm--so no, it's not safe for you to climax with a non-super lover nearby. But the good news is that it takes a lot more, uh, stimulus to make you climax--more than any non-super can provide. So you can do anything you want with your lover, and then while he's sleeping it off you can, uh, go someplace safe to finish the job. It's not what any of us would prefer, but...." She shrugged and didn't finish.

"My husband... likes it," DeeAnn added, shy about revealing too much but wanting to be helpful. "He was hurt at first--hurt emotionally I mean, because he couldn't, you know, take me all the way anymore. But he's over that now. We go slower now, more play, and we both... well, it's not quite the same, but it's still good.

"But the most important thing is finding the right man." She thanked God she had.

The well-endowed young blonde nodded, smiling. It was obvious from her expression that her thoughts were already wandering. "Thanks," she said, and departed at super-speed.

The two heroines turned to the next woman in line, the last of the several who had come forward with questions. She was a beauty even by superwoman standards, with intense dark eyes, lustrous raven hair, and a beautifully-muscled figure. DeeAnn greeted her formally, as she had each of the women who'd approached her: "Hi, I'm DeeAnn Donovan."

"Laura Carter," said the woman, her handclasp quick but firm.

"Kara Zor-El," said Kara, shaking hands as well. "What can we help you with?"

"I want to help you," Laura replied firmly. "A super-woman should be a super-hero. It would be such a waste for me to go back to old job sitting at a desk 50 hours a week; I enjoy coding, but there's so much more I could be doing that no one else--only a few of us--can do. How can I arrange that? How do you two arrange it?"

"That's a hard question," said Kara. "I have a secret identity with a "normal" job, and I know Superman does too, and Ultrawoman. But our jobs aren't desk jobs, we have more control over where and when we work. Is there any way you could get a job with more freedom?"

DeeAnn interjected. "Are you camera-shy?"

"No," Laura answered laconically.

"Model," Dee said. "You're gorgeous, you could make a living at it even without your powers; as a super-model"--Kara laughed and Laura smiled, but DeeAnn was serious--"Lord only knows what you could earn in an afternoon. And the more you do, the more hero stuff, the more you'll make as a model. Two shoots a week, two half-days, and you'll be set."

It sounded too good to be true, but heck, the whole super-powers thing was too good to be true; the fame and fortune just followed naturally. "Perfect," said Laura. "How do I get started?"

"I'll help," Dee said promptly. "My husband is my manager, he's the one with the business sense; I'll talk with him and get back to you. How can I contact you privately?"

Laura gave her phone number, and DeeAnn offered her business number in return, "if you need to reach me, if you have any questions. Otherwise, John will call you on Monday. In the meantime, if you're in the news--for good reasons, of course!--it will only raise your starting fee. But of course you have the rest of your life to deal with also, your old job and whatever else. Take your time, there's no hurry. The important thing is for you to be comfortable with whatever decisions you make."

"And we'd be happy to talk with you more if you'd like to talk anything over," Kara added. "My cell phone is ___-___-____; call any time."

"Thanks," Laura said, heart-felt. "You're being incredibly generous. I only hope I can live up to your standard."

"I know you can," said Kara. "Wanting to help is by far the most important thing."

DeeAnn, on impulse, offered a hug; Laura accepted it, but she hugged as if she wasn't used to hugging. Kara hugged her too. "We'll talk to you soon. And don't forget to have some fun along with the hero stuff, okay?"

"I won't," Laura said, and at last a grin broke like a sunrise through her cool reserve. "How could this not be fun?"

A second later, she was standing in the living room of her apartment outside Boston, 3,000 miles away.

More
18 Aug 2006 13:23 #6559 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Transformatrix 4000
35 minutes after the end of the battle at the Lotos facility / Location unknown / Squire Foundation for Humanity Defence conference room

The screen goes black and the five members of the Squire's board look at each other with worried looks, each of them know that this evolution of the scenario is unexpected at the best, the pre-mission evaluations indicates that the present outcome had only the 3.4% of showing.

As usual the Madam speaks first, her skill to mantain her cold blood in every situation was the reason for which she has became the informal leader of the board. "The Major report was something we have to deal immediatly, my friends, any suggestion?"

The man with the bulldog face examined the datas in his notepad and scratchs his chin "In the present situation an attack isn't the worst thing to do. The only way to stop a so large number of metahumans, within no more than 1 hour is a bombardment."

"Why do you say one hour, Colonel?" asks the man in the whellchair.

"Because I don't think that they will stay here much longer, Doctor."

"Anyway, Colonel do you rember our rules?" asks the Madam.

The Colonel looks very humiliated by this last question "Yes, Madam. I know that the use of any kind of mass destruction weapon is against the principles of the Foundation. I'm sorry."

"Maybe we are taking all of this in the wrong way." says a voice rarely heard in the room, the one of the former pentathlon gold medal, now condemned to have the left side of her body paralysed, the price for rescuing a boy from a falling building during a battle between Superman and Metallo.

The Madam frowns "What do you mean?"

"The Squire Foundation exist to avoid that other people will suffer like us. Casual victims of the metahumans' battles. But we have to face it, the only way to stop them is becoming one of them."

"I don't like your speech."

"Face it. The armors of our troopers are comparable to the Red Rockets, the R&D facilites are at loeast a decade over the rest of the world, the same is truth for the communications, the sensors, for every damned piece of equipment around here. They are all of metahuman class."

"Except that the are not products of metahuman science. They are developed from a joint venture of some of the most brilliant HUMAN minds all over the world."

"And do you really think that this makes any difference? Anyway, I have a proposal, why don't we recruits some of these superwomen?"

"I know that you will come to this point. And how do you think to control them. We can shut down the armors with the remote controls at any moment, but how do you think you can control creatures like them."

The japanese man clear his throat "I think that the proposal is good, but a little too ambitious."

"And you have an alternative, Yama?" asks the Colonel.

"Yes, I think that we have to stay back for now, limiting our activities to the usual, for at least three months, probably more. In the meantime we will surveil those women, collecting informations, isolating potential threats between them and deciding if any of them can be useful for us."

The other four remain silent while they evaluate the proposal.

"A so wide surveillance operation will require an enourmous amount of personel."

"No, Madam. I have already evaluate that our usual intelligence network will be more than capable to handle this."

"Very well, so we have to vote the proposal. Who agree?"

Five hands up.

14 hours after the battle at Lotos facility / Seattle suburbs, Washinton state / Major's home [2.40 AM local time]

The Major sneaks inside her house, she knows that at least one of her children is here so she moves around the most silent she is able. She reachs the kitchen and moves toward the fridge, with an unnecessary caution she opens it and took out a pack of orange juice. Several years ago a friend of her was killed by a Claymore mine hidden in a portable fridge, during a shadow operation in Africa, and she is too paranoid to open a fridge in a normal way since that. She drinks two glass of juice and then she look at a photo on the wall over the table, a photo of a 40 years old man with rust-colored hair and blue eyes. "Hi Patrick, I'm home." she whispers. Patrick MacTyres, her husband, dies 2 years ago in Gotham a casual victim of a bullet fired by Deadshot, originaly aimed to Batman.

She leaves the kitchen and walks to the living room, her bedroom is upstairs, but she have to pass in front of the rooms of her childrens, so she decides to sleep on the sofa, it is much comfortable than several other places where she had sleeped during the years. But when she arrives she spots a siluoette on the sofa, she freeze for a second, then she prepares to jump on the intruder. The intruder switch on the light.

"Hi mom."

The Major remains stunned for a second then she relaxs. "Himeko, what are you doing?"

"I'm waiting for you... I've something to tell you." Himeko answers with esitation.

The Major reachs the sofa and sits next to her daughter, she studies her for several seconds. Himeko is a little taller than her, like her mother Himeko is a very athletic girl and a little flat. She have short black hair, while her eyes have a definitly oriental shape they are also of a bright blue color inherited from her father family. "What's going on?"

"Well, mom, there are three different things. The first regards you... I... I..." she exitates "Ho hell, I know that you have lied to me."

"WHAT?" screams the major, wiht a puzzled look in her eyes.

"Mom, I know that you don't work for that Research Institute. I don't know which is your real work, but I've understanded that it's dangerous, probably something like the SWAT. I don't want know, but please don't lie me anymore, ok."

The major takes a deep breath, and looks again to her daughter, she can't help but she still see the little girl inside the young woman in front of her, a woman that now asks her to trust her. "Himeko, after the death of your father I've become a little too anxious about your brother and you. You know that I don't want you two to grow inside a glass tube, but there are things that I can't share with anyone, but you're right I have a dangerous work."

Himeko smiles a little "Mom, I hope you're not a superhero."

"Hell, no."

"Well, you have always respected my privacy, so I have to give the favor back."

"The other things?"

Himeko reaches one of the pockets of her jeans and took out a small coupon labed TF4000 "A group of girls at the college have started talking about this."

The major gulps. "And?"

"And I've joined the website that distributs these, and I asks for one. Meggan and I think to go there together and takes them, but at the last moment I have a doubt."

"Why?"

"Because, I understand that we're doing this only to be fashionable. This superpower's thing is simply the last fashion on that hits the block. But this's not like new clothes or make up, this's fuckingly permanent." Himeko explains "But Meggan was so pissed that she went mad on me, she told me things worst than everything I've ever heard."

The Major spots a tear in her daughter eye, she knows Meggan very well, the two girl are friends since the age of 5, they have shared everything during the years, friends, enemies, joy and sorrow. Himeko thrusts Meggan more than every other person on the planet, and this have made the Major jealous sometimes. The Major embraces Himeko "You know that Meggan is too emotional, she was simply disappointed, you two will return to be friends in no time I'm sure."

Himeko sighs "It's not so simple, mom, and this is the last thing I've to tell you." She frees form her mother arms, and clear her face with the back of her hand "I... we, Meggan and I, are lesbians and we love each other."

The Major face goes white, she stands up and says "I think that boot of us need some psycological support. Your choice." She heads to the kitchen, takes out two pizzas and put them in the microwave. After ten minutes she returns with the pizzas. "What do you chose?"

"I think that a classic is better, some old Star Trek episodes."

"Infinite diversity in infinite combinations."

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

More
27 Oct 2006 08:29 #7127 by yaracyrrah

Editors' Note:

The next chapter in the Transformatrix 4000 saga was written by Argonaut and was the winning entry in SWM Story Workshop 1.9. You can read it here .

The Interactive Story now continues, though not necessarily in linear time....

More
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds