Amount

100% Girl Power: Distortion "Crushed by an Angel"

04 Jan 2016 03:57 #45909 by jdrock24
Unfortunately, the site is shutting down and will only be doing a few more movies. Chances are they won't be anything nearly as good as this:

Thesuperheroines.com Closing within ninety days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2016 12:48 #45990 by canarysong
Replied by canarysong on topic 100% Girl Power: Distortion "Crushed by an Angel"
Real shame the site is shutting down, after such a fantastic film. The lead actress is great and I hope we see more of her.

Was this a custom video, I wonder? If so, maybe there's a chance of a follow-up. Even if the price was $100, I would still buy it if it was as good as the first film!

Whatever, I think this has raised the bar for other producers. You don't need to spend a fortune on elaborate SPFX. You don't need much in the way of a story. Just get the right actress, a good costume and the right attitude - confident and in command. A bit of dialogue helps - some rival films have the superwoman strutting her stuff without saying a word. What immeasurably strengthens this film is the way that the heroine teases and taunts her assailants throughout. "A punch? That's adorable!"

JOHN

More
10 Jan 2016 20:28 - 13 Aug 2017 16:39 #45995 by Helstar
Bummer ... found a photo that summarizes the announcement :(

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 13 Aug 2017 16:39 by Helstar.

• Helstar
  • Helstar's Avatar Topic Author
  • SWM - Senior
  • SWM - Senior
More
10 Jan 2016 22:37 #46000 by jimbob
Nuts. Of course they shut down now of all times.

Oh well...at least we got one good video out of it.

More
10 Jan 2016 23:57 #46002 by erikphandel
Replied by erikphandel on topic 100% Girl Power: Distortion "Crushed by an Angel"
So, when the site shuts down, we won't be able to get their videos anywhere? They should leave at least the online store open. I never got the chance to buy a vid because the dollar is so expensive here, but I figured someday I would

More
11 Jan 2016 06:05 #46004 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic 100% Girl Power: Distortion "Crushed by an Angel"

Helstar wrote: Bummer ... found a photo that summarizes the announcement :(

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Bummer indeed. She's such a beauty and would of been a great bionic woman even though that wouldn't of happened either. :(

More
12 Jan 2016 07:28 #46020 by willow
Sad news indeed, but here is a fun find about one of the actresses from the site.

So I was watching a movie called Mine Games on Netflix, and noticed someone familiar. Mine Games is sort of a time travel movie along similar lines as Timecrimes. Unfortunately, Timecrimes does a lot better job of it. So one scene pops up with a blonde girl who seems very familiar for some reason. I did a little digging on IMDB and discovered that the actress was Lindsey Lamb who has been in a few videos on the Heroine Kombat series. She is only in the film for a scene or two, but it was still amusing to see someone from the site trying to break out into regular film. Always fun to spot those finds like Charlize Theron having a bit part in 2 Days in the Valley (sort of Pulp Fiction clone) before she made it big.

Mine Games IMDB page:
www.imdb.com/title/tt1928337/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Lindsey Lamb IMDB page:
www.imdb.com/name/nm3998351/?ref_=tt_cl_t8

More
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds