Amount

Ursa vs Faora

26 Jun 2013 13:27 #32076 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Ursa vs Faora
I found it last night. I'm downloading it now. Hopefully the it won't take long.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2013 14:07 #32077 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Ursa vs Faora
That was the scene... Very unusual for comics of the time. She killed that man for her own pleasure. It woudn't be a stretch to believe she gets off on it, given the way she draws the man in and kills him so personally and intimately.

The Faora in MOS never got out of her armor or away from the fighting, but I have no doubt she revels in death as much as the Faora from this old comic. You can call her cold or a robot or killing machine, but she's actually a very disturbed and infinitely dangerous woman, especially under a yellow sun.

Her pleasure in life is causing death, and as she said in the movie, she lacks anything resembling morality.

Shadar

lfan wrote: bobfishontherun.deviantart.com/art/Faora-Hu-ul-373416418

More
26 Jun 2013 18:53 #32080 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Ursa vs Faora
In thinking back, I realize now how influential that Faora scene from Phantom Zone #3 was in terms of my engagement with this genre. I was just starting to push a few words around back in the mid 1980's, trying my hand at stories that eventually went up on some bulletin boards (who remembers those?) in the pre-Internet days. By the time the 80's were gone, and web sites had replace bulletin boards, I had the whole Velorian thing going, which turned into the Aurora Universe (Aurora was my first superfemme).

Interesting that the ubergirl trope established deeper roots and has continued to this day, kept alive by this very community. In some ways, I think MOS might bring it to the mainstream, after so many vampire-related stories and shows and movies. I'm not a vampire lover, given I prefer my characters come from genetic engineering and other forms of speculative science fiction.

Which just happens to be where MOS is going. If this new reboot takes hold and turns into a successful franchise for Superman and related characters, especially if someone like Faora can establish a recurring role, then I'm going to be pretty happy.

On the other hand, perhaps vampire lovers turn into zombie freaks and the idea of the ubergirl trope (both evil and good) flies right past us again. But hopefully not.

If we could get Kara Zor El and Faora into the same movie, especially if we also had WW, that would be awesome. Kara and Diana might have a chance if they worked together to fight Faora. Might.

But not sure Kal El's character could handle three super-powered females in the same movie. Like it or not, he'll always be the star.

Shadar

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds