Amount

Bionic Woman Spoilers

18 Mar 2007 17:34 #8728 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Katee confirms her rol as Sara
"The Bionic Woman. I'm playing Sara. She's also a bionic but the nemesis. More fun anyway."
-Katee

www.cortandfatboy.com/index.php?id=489#com1038

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 Mar 2007 19:09 #8752 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Bionic woman spoilers
I belong to a Michelle Ryan Yahoo Group. Somebody there posted a link to a new site dedicated to the posible new BW series. Most of the info posted are things we already have read elsewhere, but there is an article where series co-creator Laeta whatever-her-greek-sounding-name is talk a little about the project and how it relates to the new BSG series on SCFI.
Here's the link:
www.alex7000.net/index.html
Also, somwhere I saw a clip of Michelle acting in comady skit whtih Mr. Bean aka Rowan Atkinson for UK Comedy Relief Special which aired on March 16. Ryan does not have a lot of lines,but she does get punched in the face at the end of the skit! I don't have a link.
Try Using Google, go to groups, type Michelle Ryan. Good luck, it's a funny skit.

More
20 Mar 2007 19:34 #8753 by AJF
On searching for the comedy skit, I ment Google, blogs, not groups.

More
20 Mar 2007 19:44 #8754 by bionic25
Replied by bionic25 on topic Re: Bionic Woman Spoilers
I'm searching the alex7000 site for that article youmentioned but I cannot seem to find it anywhere

Can you help me locate it...please?

More
20 Mar 2007 21:40 #8755 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Katee confirms her rol as Sara
Not to beat a dead horse to death....TWICE, but here's an article confirming:

www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-pilotcasting-...oll=zap-tv-headlines

ElF

"The Bionic Woman. I'm playing Sara. She's also a bionic but the nemesis. More fun anyway."
-Katee

www.cortandfatboy.com/index.php?id=489#com1038

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Mar 2007 11:26 #8778 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Casting complete
OK, they's all set it looks like:

"THE BIONIC WOMAN (NBC) - Miguel Ferrer ("Crossing Jordan") and Chris Bowers ("Rescue Me") have landed the final principal roles on the drama pilot, a re-imagination of the 1970s series of the same name. Bowers will play Dr. Eric Masters, who's described in the casting notice as follows: "Early-Mid 30's, good-looking, sexy, likeable and devoted. He is Jaime's supportive boyfriend of two months who already knows she is the one. As a young prodigy (finished college at age 15 and became a surgeon at 22) he's a genius in his field - bionics - and the only one capable of performing the illegal, complex surgeries the government has been experimenting with. When Jaime nearly dies in a car accident, Eric doesn't hesitate using bionic surgery on her, even though this means going against his superiors and breaking every rule in the book. His innovative behavior and past deeds make him a target of deadly Sarah Corvus."

Ferrer then is set as Jonas Bledsoe - "50s-60's, forceful and not above lying to get what he wants. He is the ruthless leader of the secret government agency that turned Jaime into a Bionic Woman. Though furious with Eric for wasting $50 million worth of classified, illegal technology on "some girl," Jonas decides to use Jaime to track down and retrieve the other Bionic creations who escaped. Topping his list of fugitives is insane, deadly Sarah Corvus, whose violent break-out and subsequent revenge streak haunts Jonas to this day. After using unscrupulous means to manipulate Jaime into joining his organization, Jonas agrees to her terms and we get the feeling he will treat her with respect and honesty from now on." Ferrer's involvement is in second position to his "Jordan" duties however it's understood he could play both roles concurrently."

Looks like the pilot filming start also got pushed back to March 26th, so looks like everything is set to roll.

As for the casting, dunno about Bowers' body of work, having never seen him that I can recall, but Miguel Ferrer (Point of No Return, The Stand) seems like the manipulating head honcho like Bledsoe is described as.

ElF

I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but the still need to cast three more series regular roles. Production is set to start on March 19. I'm skeptical of them meeting thst date. Is that part of Sarah just for the pilliot or is she ment to b a recurring role series regular?

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 Mar 2007 17:46 #8787 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Thanks!
Woow,
Thanks for the update lfan, I am soooooo awaiting this pilot! :D

Fonzie

More
23 Mar 2007 21:09 #8788 by AJF
Is anybody here worried about Laeta Kalogridis's involvment with BW? She has a poor Hollywood track record. She's listed as a series co-creator as well as an EP. I trust both Eick and Heller to be compendent, but not her. She said she was a fan of the original series. Her next movie that she helped write, Pathfinder comes out in three weeks ( to theatres) and has little or no promotion. I read a very bad review of it on a site from New Zealand where it was already released. If the show is picked up and turns out to be very bad, could it mostly her fault?

More
26 Mar 2007 22:25 #8800 by yars
Replied by yars on topic Today's the day
So if they started filming today, I wonder if / when set pics and interviews will start coming out. Weeks? Months?
I'm hoping for some slo-mo.

More
26 Mar 2007 22:41 #8801 by bionic25
If this latest story shows anything it's that NBC seems to be firmly behind the series. This article quotes the President of NBC Entertainment, Kevin Reilly....

www.tvweek.com/article.cms?articleId=31712

More
27 Mar 2007 01:52 #8802 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Thanks!
Woow,
Thanks for the info Bionic, I am crossing my fingers that this new BW takes off as well as Heroes did. I mean, Claire/Nikki and the new Jaime Sommers and Co back to back on Monday nights, goosh, can it get any better!? ;)

Fonzie

More
27 Mar 2007 22:47 #8821 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: Bionic Woman Spoilers
Thats a very encouraging article. Fingers crossed that the pilot can seal the deal. :lol:

More
31 Mar 2007 04:40 #8859 by bionic25
More promising things from NBC. I have no idea if they do this for every pilot but an official (so futon critic says) press release:

(from NBC's press release) Struggling as a bartender and surrogate mom to her teen-aged sister, Jamie Sommers didn't think life could get much harder. But when a devastating car accident leaves her at death's door, Jamie's only hope of survival is through a cutting-edge, top-secret technology that comes at a hefty price. With a whole new existence and a debt to repay, Jamie must figure out how to use her extraordinary abilities for good, while weighing the personal sacrifices she will have to make. Ultimately, it's Jamie's journey of self-discovery and inner strength that will help her embrace her new life as...The Bionic Woman.

More
02 Apr 2007 13:26 #8877 by bionic25
This may or may not be thie first set of pics from the set of TBW. They came up after a search on Flickr....

www.flickr.com/photos/43517501@N00/440389144/

I've sent the link for the one pic that actually looks like something is being filmed although it's not easy to figure out who is in this shot. My guess is Katee Sackhoff.

Either way, the photographer's profile contains more shots from the set (from a great distance). Still, it's our first glimpse!

More
02 Apr 2007 14:45 #8878 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Bionic Woman Spoilers
Nice find, Bionic! Not much to see, but a first glimspe nonetheless. Also, we at least know they ARE filming (or appear to be!)...I would agree and say that looks likes Sarah/Katee in the pics as well....I know/heard her parts were being filmed first due to her schedule (she is shooting a movie right now as well) and she did "stuntwork" on the first day of shooting, so it would prob be a good guees that was her...

Thx for the post!

ElF

This may or may not be thie first set of pics from the set of TBW. They came up after a search on Flickr....

www.flickr.com/photos/43517501@N00/440389144/

I've sent the link for the one pic that actually looks like something is being filmed although it's not easy to figure out who is in this shot. My guess is Katee Sackhoff.

Either way, the photographer's profile contains more shots from the set (from a great distance). Still, it's our first glimpse!

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Apr 2007 21:21 #8885 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: Bionic Woman Spoilers
Nice to see the first pictures of the show, even if you can't see anything :?

It does seem as if NBC is firmly behind this project, it looks like they're making a documentary on the making of the Bionic Woman and in another article it states Bionic Woman is creating quite a buzz. Hopefully these are both positive signs.

www.tvweek.com/article.cms?articleId=31756

www.tvweek.com/article.cms?articleId=31722

More
03 Apr 2007 00:00 #8886 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Bionic Woman Spoilers
No one knows the excitement I feel right now. Uh, wait. Maybe you do.

More
03 Apr 2007 01:57 #8891 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Bionic Woman Spoilers
Amazing ~ it's April 2nd and no one has jumped out yelling April Fools! about this show yet. Maybe it's for real! :shock:

More
03 Apr 2007 16:26 #8899 by bionic25
Hey guys....I took another look at the pics from the set and saw what I think is the familiar profile of Miguel Ferrer in that b&w shot.

Looking at a color pic from the set I think my suspicions are confirmed. Also, I also notice that they are using a rain machine for this scene. Has anyone who has read the script noticed any scenes where it's raining?

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
03 Apr 2007 18:09 #8902 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Bionic Woman Spoilers
I find it somewhat humorous/ironic that they have to make "fake rain" in Vancouver of all places!!!

ElF

Hey guys....I took another look at the pics from the set and saw what I think is the familiar profile of Miguel Ferrer in that b&w shot.

Looking at a color pic from the set I think my suspicions are confirmed. Also, I also notice that they are using a rain machine for this scene. Has anyone who has read the script noticed any scenes where it's raining?

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Apr 2007 22:02 #8904 by bionic25
New interview with Katee Sackhoff on the Cort & Fatboy from March 26th. Nothing really new. The question of slow mo and sound effects was brought up but Katee said she does not know.

Funny little anecdote about her and Michelle Ryan passing each other in the hallway.

www.kateesackhoff-fans.com/audio/cortandfats-2007-03-26.mp3

More
04 Apr 2007 01:27 #8908 by AJF
The NBC press release lists BW's principle cast. Katee Sackoff is listind on it. Is she now a regualer cast member, not a semi-regular cast member?

More
04 Apr 2007 01:39 #8909 by bionic25
Right now she is a guest star but according to all interviews she's given it could be a recurring character...I'm thinking something like Callisto or The Cigarette Smoking Man.

btw....where did you see the release, I'd love to see it!

More
04 Apr 2007 01:56 #8910 by AJF
From the Futon Critic.

More
07 Apr 2007 22:17 #8938 by AJF
Besides Jordana Brewster, what other actresses was NBC considering for the lead? I

More
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds